Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2022, 09:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Halloween Ends

The final part of the current series of films, if it wasn't a Halloween Film then it's really good with the storyline of a man with some unfortunate luck and ends up being hated by the locals so he ends up being a Serial Killer but has it involves characters from The Halloween Franchise, both storylines get in each others way. I still enjoyed it though.

Terrifier 2

Art The Clown is back and is stalking a family while killing multiple people in the most gruesome ways. This Film has a lot of hype with the news stories coming out as well as sell outs of the DVD's and Blu-Rays and it does live up to the hype, it is really gory. I thought that David Howard Thornton plays his role really well, his facials were incredible. Trouble was, at 2 Hours, 12 Minutes, it's way too long (It's longer than Seven)

I'm assuming that many, many, many more Terrifier Movies will come out, maybe getting a Cinema Release.

Barbarian

A woman on a Job Interview ends up sharing a Air BNB after it's double booked but something is in the Basement.

Not going into many details but this was over-rated, I'm guessing that this is one of those Elevated Horror Films but I didn't find it scary, bloody or creepy at all.

SPOILER:
I'm guessing that the remark that the person interviewing the woman made questioning the fact that the area she was staying having a Air BNB didn't mean anything in the end

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Don't think I need to go into plot points on this one LOL but this is still an enjoyable Horror Film with one of the greatest Death Scenes (Johnny Deep)

Bought myself the Blu-Ray Set (As it was on Sale at HMV)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg he.jpg (6.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg t2.jpg (9.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (5.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg anoes.jpg (12.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 28th October 2022, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 27th

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)

Continuing the story of Michael Myers ten years later this is a fast paced and often thrilling movie. There's no 'Getting to know you' opening half hour without any shocks as Michael is in the film from the first scene.

Halloween 4 has a strong cast headed of course by Donald Pleasence whilst the largely unknown Ellie Cornell makes for an appealing heroine. The fact the film focuses mainly on Pleasence's Dr. Loomis and Beau Starr's Sheriff means it has a nice adult feel to it rather than simply being teen based and it feels quite refreshing.

There are some nicely realized kills and some great scenes of suspense and i'm sure more than a few flaws but it's all whizzes by at such a break neck speed i never notice them.

Gorier than the first film but not quite as chilling, few films are, this is probably the best of the sequels or at least it seemed that way watching it this year. When you think of when this initially came out in 1988 it's probably the best slasher film of that late era when the genre was very much in decline.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91hAhtkyU8L._SY679_.jpg (73.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 28th October 2022, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deadly Manor. 1990.

I have a bit more appreciation for this film, last time I watched this it was on a dvd version, tonight watched the Arrow Blu-Ray and ok the acting still sucks a bit unfortunately that can never be changed but the picture quality and sound is a lot better and clearer. There is one or two flaws like The girl with the killer in the room it seems to be night yet when she runs down the stairs all of a sudden its daylight, did I blink and miss the morning dawn or something.

download.jpeg

Up next Polaroid
Old 28th October 2022, 10:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Deadly Manor. 1990.

I have a bit more appreciation for this film, last time I watched this it was on a dvd version, tonight watched the Arrow Blu-Ray and ok the acting still sucks a bit unfortunately that can never be changed but the picture quality and sound is a lot better and clearer. There is one or two flaws like The girl with the killer in the room it seems to be night yet when she runs down the stairs all of a sudden its daylight, did I blink and miss the morning dawn or something.
This is down as part of my Christmas viewing. Like you i'd only seen it previously on a terrible dvd copy.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 28th October 2022, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This is down as part of my Christmas viewing. Like you i'd only seen it previously on a terrible dvd copy.
Did kind of remind me about the movie Curtains, female red headed killer.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Did kind of remind me about the movie Curtains, female red headed killer.
Oy Barlow!

Spoilers.
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 28th October 2022, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Oy Barlow!

Spoilers.
The front cover does kind of give it away and if you haven't seen the film Curtains well where has your head been?
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 10:38 PM
Cult Veteran

I watched Larraz tonight as well, if you thought Deadly Manor was weird, wait until you see Rest In Pieces Jack Taylor as a very unconvincing blind man haha...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th October 2022, 10:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I watched Larraz tonight as well, if you thought Deadly Manor was weird, wait until you see Rest In Pieces Jack Taylor as a very unconvincing blind man haha...
One you would recommend for watching Justin?
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 10:42 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
One you would recommend for watching Justin?
If Edge of the Axe and Deadly Manor are your kind of thing then yes it's one that has to be seen to be believed. Quite literally makes no sense but who cares

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!