Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have too say I loved every blood soaked ****ing minute of this, probably one of my favourite horrors in years, it's just so depraved and gruesome!

By some unknowing supernatural means Art is brought back to life and goes on another killing spree, a brother and sister seems the only ones who can stop him as they seem too have some sort of connection to him and the creepy girl clown that art sees.

The gore and brutality are ranked up from the first, one scene a woman is scalped and the has her arm chopped off and then art starts throwing salt on her wounds , a woman gives birth to a head which are just some of the highlights .We even have Chris Jericho in a post credit scene which could set up a third.

At 2hrs 20 it felt a lot shorter than that, the final showdown might of been a little too long but that's about the only small negative in had with it.

Practical effects no CGI shit here!
Old 24th October 2022, 02:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Saint Ange. 2004.

Anna arrives at a orphanage in the French Alps and meets a young girl Judith who has mental health issues but both can hear voices of children and decides to look into the past of the orphanage and uncovers some secrets.

Before director Pascal Laugier made Martyrs he made this little number, set in 1958 a convent has only two nuns and run by Catriona MacCall who takes in the young woman unaware that she is pregnant and seems to show remorse to herself, yeah there is scene that maybe upsetting where the young mother to be tries to suffer a self inflicted miscarriage.

The film is very slow paced and by the build up to the suspense has happened it can be a bit of "what...all that for that" moment. The acting is decent enough for entertainment and can feel the sense of sanity vs insanity, what we are seeing is real or just in the mind of people, think a re-watch of this will happen.

p36591_v_h10_ae.jpg

Up next Apartment 143
Old 24th October 2022, 10:15 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 24

MV5BNzEzOTZjYjYtMTI3MS00NWE1LWIyZTktYTRlMTBlYjlkMjZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_.jpg

Art the clown is back with only one thing on his mind MUTILATION. Art is out to murder a brother and sister that's the story plain and simple.

This film is amazing I loved Terrifier and this ramps it up in everyway. When I saw it was almost 2 and a half hours I was a little worried but it didn't feel like it was that long because it moves at a great pace with no filler. The gore is insane and extremely graffic everything is shown and it's all practical and its glorious. Art is hilarious he never speaks but he actions and expressions are brilliant had me laughing constantly especially in the costume shop trying on the sun glasses. We also see a little girl clown that tags along with Art and she is creepy as f**k she doesn't get involved much but she is a great little addition.

I was a big fan of the soundtrack it had great blend of techno 80s synth and metal.

My only negative is the punk kid brother because in real life he has a YouTube channel where he gets to meet and interview tons of metal bands so f*** that kid

An absolute blast from start to finish don't be out off by the run time this is a must for everyone. Stay tuned after the credits for a really fun scene. Roll on Terrifier 3 ........ Hopefully.

Why you still here go watch this film NOOOOOOW

Just look at that poster amazing.
Old 24th October 2022, 10:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Fantastic to read your thoughts on Terrifier 2 Trebor and Nordy. Praying it's in Asda today so i can watch it tonight. Not bothered about a Blu-ray. Dvd will do.
Old 24th October 2022, 11:22 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Fantastic to read your thoughts on Terrifier 2 Trebor and Nordy. Praying it's in Asda today so i can watch it tonight. Not bothered about a Blu-ray. Dvd will do.
Hope you enjoy it .
Old 24th October 2022, 05:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apartment 143. 2011.

A team of parapsychologists help a widow father and his two children who are being tormented.

A movie that is in the found footage genre that isn't all that bad, we get the tormented family with some secrets that they want to be kept hidden, a son believes his dead mother is haunting them. A daughter that has withdrawn fro her father, a father stressed out and trying to keep things together. There is a Professor who has studied the field of ghosts for years, a assistant who seems on the ball and a technician who does and doesn't take things seriously. I'm not saying this is well acted but does have it's good moments and know what to expect but the ending could have been better.

91KFdJ1z1zL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 24th October 2022, 05:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

BAD RONALD – Back with the seventies TV movies, only this time it’s a relative classic. They never outdid or even equalled the real thing, but ‘Bad Ronald’ is one that I can sit down with and at least feel like I’m watching something approximating a film. Strange how things have altered, with TV in the ascendency since ages ago. Anyway, ‘Bad Ronald’ I guess stands in the lineage of ‘Psycho’. It features the classic duo of overbearing mum and apparently homicidal dweeb-child, but takes an unexpected left turn into DIY in the wake of one of Ronald’s ‘accidents’. After his mum dies, bad kid decides to stay put in his childhood home and takes up residence within its secret chambers and crawlspaces, in the process transforming into a mad peeping Tom who spends his hours spying on the new tenants. Thematically and visually, ‘Bad Ronald’ is of its time. A touch of woodenness is intrinsic, but, even if it’s not a stylistic masterclass, it does at least manage some ‘old dark house’ vibes and visuals. There’s also one bona fide cinematic moment, when one of the girls spots Ronald’s peephole and we see her face illuminated by its light. But the real point of ‘Bad Ronald’ is Bad Ronald himself. Some of the symbolism is a bit obvious, the whole ‘rigged house as a metaphor for emotional withdrawal’ thing, but it seems important that the film tries to humanise its tortured fantasist rather than serve him up as another seventies Norman Bates… plus also Ronald seems a little more easy going that his counterpart in reality (whether or not it’s life imitating art, the Daniel LaPlante case is far creepier than anything in ‘Bad Ronald’). A good solid watch and a window, if not a peephole, into the old times.
Old 24th October 2022, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

A fiver at Asda. Fantastic!

That's one of tonight's films sorted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0180 (Large).jpg (90.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 24th October 2022, 06:02 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A fiver at Asda. Fantastic!

That's one of tonight's films sorted.
Very nice

Special features?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th October 2022, 06:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Very nice

Special features?
No idea. Does it matter for a fiver?
trebor8273 and nicholasrope like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!