Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2010, 09:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Hi, Just wondering what THE SERBIAN FILM is about? I've never heard of this one before.
Here is a link to some details on IMDB.

I really don't know how it's managed to get such a high rating (ignorant fan-boys would be my best guess).

It's getting a DVD release in the UK in October, too - with over 4 minutes of cuts.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
I Spit On Your Grave (original)

I've heard all that arguments for (and against) but for me the unnecessary prolonged rape sequences are nothing more than titillation...the brief pay off (when it eventually arrives) does very little in the way of balance...I just find it very uncomfortable in the extreme
I just talked about this film in the ISOYG thread! I totally agree with you, for sure. This movie is a horrible film, that I took no enjoyment from whatever. I believe it has the right to exist, uncut or not, but I certainly have no plans to ever watch this s**t again...
Does this movie have any redeeming qualities whatsoever? Barely. Re-watch appeal? I think not. The victim gets a little payback, by cutting the guys p***k off in the bath. But I feel that this one moment is no way enough to justify the film, in any way, shape, or form...I rather forget about this film to be honest...
Old 16th September 2010, 09:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
I Spit On Your Grave (original)
I'm not a fan of this film at all. I think it's one of the most ridiculously boring exploitation films ever made, and it baffles me to why it's gained such cult status.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I'm not a fan of this film at all. I think it's one of the most ridiculously boring exploitation films ever made, and it baffles me to why it's gained such cult status.
I'm with you on this one, I never want to see that film again. Not only is it incredibly insulting, but it's an incredibly boring film movie as well!
I dont understand its status as a classic either. The only people that this film could really appeal to, are probably the really disturbed kind. (Or Uni film professors.)
Why would anybody want a 2-disc special edition of this piece of s**t? You would have to be pretty cracked to announce that you enjoy watching this...
Old 16th September 2010, 10:23 PM
Active Cultist

never been offended by a movie.The more extreme the better unless its shot on DV now that offends me
Old 16th September 2010, 10:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well if thats the case, then you wouldn't like COLIN much either. That film is crap too, trust me...lol.
Old 17th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
Twishite New Moon!
What was it that announced to the world that Robert Patterson is hot anyway? Aside from marketing and hype? Some people will go along with, and believe pretty much anything these days. I wonder who the Kristen character chooses to be with at the end of these films? Will it be the gaunt geek with cheekbones? Or will it be pig nose with 6-pack? My moneys on the gaunt geek with cheekbones...Never watched one of these films by the way, just for the record. No plans to either really. I've seen so many clips of the films on tv, that theres no reason to see them now. Seen enough of TWILIGHT to last a lifetime. Haven't seen AVATAR either. Don't want to lay eyes on those blue alien creatures for some time, believe me...cheers...
Old 17th September 2010, 01:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Here is a link to some details on IMDB.

I really don't know how it's managed to get such a high rating (ignorant fan-boys would be my best guess).

It's getting a DVD release in the UK in October, too - with over 4 minutes of cuts.
Hi, thanks for the link. Must be a pretty extreme movie if at least four minutes were cut from it? Wow!
Old 17th September 2010, 01:33 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Hi, thanks for the link. Must be a pretty extreme movie if at least four minutes were cut from it? Wow!
A SERBIAN FILM may be a little too much for me to take, looks like an all out shock fest to me. Just watched the trailer now, and read the synopsis. Seems like it shows no mercy, this film. Now that I know that its heavily cut, its put me off watching this anyway.
But the movie looks extremely well made, and well put together. Maybe we should keep an eye on this directors career. see what he comes up with in the future.
Disturbing looking stuff for sure...
Old 18th September 2010, 09:16 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
Well faces of pain does sound good, but mainly i am interested in death films. How do i get hold of the Japanese ones that you mentioned. Even a google search didn't get them up.
the Japanese ones i am afraid are only available in japan ( the company that releases them refuses to export) unless you have a contact in japan (and no i don't),

they are

Death file - red, yellow, grey, black, best of, and around 5 versions called new death files

death press (now this gets confusing) the only ones i have are death press vol 2 and death press vol 4 and best of death press

then there is death woman and death body.

some of them are on torrent sites if you look hard enough.

alex

Like this? Share it using the links below!