All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2008, 07:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Is it only blu ray it's released on r1 recently?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2008, 07:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hal,

I thought it would be better if I posted my comments on SNUFF 102 over here.

I haven't seen MORDUM so I can't say how it compares with that but I can say that there is no way SNUFF 102 will ever be passed by the BBFC. This film really has to be seen to be believed. Up until now Murder Set Pieces has always been the number one nasty for me but this film goes way beyond that. On the surface it's about a journalist investigating snuff films, however the BBFC are not idiots, they will know only too well what the real purpose of a film like this is. Filmed partly in black and white, perhaps to give it an arty look. Well the film is anything but art. I'm pretty sure if the BBFC were to pass this that almost all the torture scenes would have to be removed, and in this film they are very lengthy indeed. They all involve psychically restrained women which is something the BBFC won't like. They are also sexual. It perhaps wouldn't be a good idea to go into too much detail regarding some of the torture here but it is filmed in a horribly grotesque manner and in unflinching, lingering detail. The lengthy torture scene of a heavily pregnant woman is quite unwatchable.

I have no doubt that this film would be in serious breach of the OPA.

The film also contains scenes of unsimulated animal cruelty.

There was some controversy about the film when it opened in SPAIN. There were accusations that some of the footage was real. OK we've heard all this before, but there's no doubt in my opinion some of the footage was genuine. The lengthy torture of the 3 women mentioned above was faked but what about the scenes where the actress is looking through her computer, viewing some very disturbing images. Some of these scenes must have been for real. I wonder where the director got this footage from. It's unbelievably sick where ever they came from. The vomiting scene was the bit which I hated the most even though it only lasted a few seconds.

So again this film would be rejected here without hesitation if somebody was daft enough to consider ever submitting it.
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Is it only blu ray it's released on r1 recently?
I take it the box set has been re-released then,as i only knew of the blu-ray release.
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Hal,

I haven't seen MORDUM so I can't say how it compares with that but I can say that there is no way SNUFF 102 will ever be passed by the BBFC. This film really has to be seen to be believed. Up until now Murder Set Pieces has always been the number one nasty for me but this film goes way beyond that. On the surface it's about a journalist investigating snuff films, however the BBFC are not idiots, they will know only too well what the real purpose of a film like this is. Filmed partly in black and white, perhaps to give it an arty look. Well the film is anything but art. I'm pretty sure if the BBFC were to pass this that almost all the torture scenes would have to be removed, and in this film they are very lengthy indeed. They all involve psychically restrained women which is something the BBFC won't like. They are also sexual. It perhaps wouldn't be a good idea to go into too much detail regarding some of the torture here but it is filmed in a horribly grotesque manner and in unflinching, lingering detail. The lengthy torture scene of a heavily pregnant woman is quite unwatchable.

There was some controversy about the film when it opened in SPAIN. There were accusations that some of the footage was real. OK we've heard all this before, but there's no doubt in my opinion some of the footage was genuine. The lengthy torture of the 3 women mentioned above was faked but what about the scenes where the actress is looking through her computer, viewing some very disturbing images. Some of these scenes must have been for real. I wonder where the director got this footage from. It's unbelievably sick where ever they came from. The vomiting scene was the bit which I hated the most even though it only lasted a few seconds.

So again this film would be rejected here without hesitation if somebody was daft enough to consider ever submitting it.
Sounds charming Angel......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd October 2008, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Hal,

This also raises the question of 'how far is too far?' How extreme is too extreme? It's a tricky question with a myriad of possible responses.
Old 23rd October 2008, 02:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Hal,

Much appreciated Angel. I've been wanting to check this film out for a while. It does sound very extreme, I mentioned MORDUM before as most of the reviews and stuff I read about Snuff 102 seemed to reference it as a comparison piece. I can kind of see why after reading your info. Vomiting was also one of the most extreme aspects of Mordum aswell, however, in that it dosen't last for a few seconds, it lasts for over 10 minutes. I wont go into the details as it is a very, very sick scene. It sounds like the two use and exploit similar extremities to shock from what you said.

Thanks again for letting me know what you thought.
Old 23rd October 2008, 03:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
This also raises the question of 'how far is too far?' How extreme is too extreme? It's a tricky question with a myriad of possible responses.
I personally dont think you can ever go too extreme. As long as it's all above board and no ones getting killed or exploited for real then I think it's just a case of what your willing to put yourself through as a viewer.

Actually, I'll condradict myself a bit here as there is one thing that I think should be left alone with these types of films and thats violence against children. MSP did it and there was a scene in Mordum that was absolutely gut wrenching that used it too. I think it's a cheap and vile way to try and acheive shock value and should be left well alone.

Apart from that then I dont really think there is such a thing as too extreme. Like you said though, theres many possible answers you could come up with to that though. At the end of the day, is there really any depths of the extreme left that haven't been exploited already.
Old 23rd October 2008, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes I'm bound to see Mordum eventually, Hal, and it will be interesting to see how it compares with Snuff 102.

My views on what is acceptable/unacceptable is very similar to the BBFC's.
Old 23rd October 2008, 06:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Appreciate the info on Snuff 102 Angel.

Thanks for posting it.

So far i've only seen legit dvd's for sale on the offical web page which is up again.
Old 23rd October 2008, 06:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Appreciate the info on Snuff 102 Angel.

Thanks for posting it.

So far i've only seen legit dvd's for sale on the offical web page which is up again.
Yeah, I've had trouble finding a copy. I dont really think I wanna take my chances on an import either, didn't some copies of it get confiscated by customs recently?

Like this? Share it using the links below!