Like Tree4576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2019, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is the score for Lords proper BM from the period or is it something else entirely?

You mean True Black Metal, yes it is, plenty of Mayhem songs (obviously) and some Bathory, Tormentor etc, plus some others like Stand Up and Shout by Dio and I think I heard a song by Accept, but I’m not 100% sure
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th February 2019, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
So, I watched Lords of Chaos last night and thought it was pretty good, only thing that I wasn't keen on was how Varg was portrayed as a power mad womaniser, but it does say "Based on truth and lies".

The scenes with Dead were pretty horrific and obviously the two murders were grim as ****, but overall I liked it and will definitely watch it again

Didn't see the point in posting it in the What have you seen thread because those that might want to watch it (not Nordie ) frequent this thread

Same, I disliked the way they portrayed Varg and felt like they were just making him look stupid because he wouldn’t get involved with the making of the film. It was a shame there was no Burzum on the soundtrack, but at least real Mayhem live and rehearsal tracks.

Dead’s suicide scene didn’t pull any punches though, perhaps it was a bit too much.
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th February 2019, 08:30 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Been giving this song a bit of hammer today.

I'm sure you've all heard it once or twice.

But damn! What a way to kick off an album.

Emperor - Curse You All Men!

The riffing on this song blows my mind every time! Fantastic!!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 27th February 2019, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Isn't the score by Sigur Ros? . Icing on the cake etc ...
Rik likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th February 2019, 08:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Same, I disliked the way they portrayed Varg and felt like they were just making him look stupid because he wouldn’t get involved with the making of the film. It was a shame there was no Burzum on the soundtrack, but at least real Mayhem live and rehearsal tracks.

Dead’s suicide scene didn’t pull any punches though, perhaps it was a bit too much.
You ever seen vargs rants on his YouTube channel? Such a hoot

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 27th February 2019, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Isn't the score by Sigur Ros? . Icing on the cake etc ...

Quite a bit yeah, pretty varied, Sodom to Sigur Ros lol

Old 27th February 2019, 08:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Exactly what I thought, there seemed to a major emphasis on making Varg seem like an idiot, pretty petty if you ask me, but like I said earlier, I still enjoyed it and if I can persuade my other half to watch it at the cinema, I’ll be going next month (she wouldn’t even watch all the trailer due to the “shouty music” so I highly doubt it )
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th February 2019, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
You ever seen vargs rants on his YouTube channel? Such a hoot

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, they started off OK but he’s gradually got a bit unhinged haha, I can’t watch them any more. The film though portrays him in more of an awkward teenager bumping into things kind of way. Plus they made him chubby. I think that Snorre comes of worst though, he’s been turned into a stupid lapdog character who does anything Varg asks him too and I don’t think that really represents him in reality.
Rik likes this.

Old 27th February 2019, 08:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I think that Snorre comes of worst though, he’s been turned into a stupid lapdog character who does anything Varg asks him too and I don’t think that really represents him in reality.

Yeah, he’s listed on IMDB as Varg’s Driver!

But, like the book, it’s not based on 100% truth, although I doubt that will stop people kicking off online in their black painted bedrooms with their poorly applied corpse paint on
Justin101 likes this.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I will have to show it to the mate I got the book from I am sure, so this will give me a chance to see the film as just that. A fiction based on true events. Lawdy!
It did make me dig out the little Burzum I have tbh.
Rik, Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 27th February 2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: grrrrrrrrrrrrowl etc

Like this? Share it using the links below!