Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2011, 08:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Björk - Biophilia

It's no Homogenic or Vespertine, but still very good.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 10th October 2011, 08:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

That album is so brilliant. S'funny, but I don't really like anything else by them, but I could wear this thin.
I especially love Electric Funeral which I used to play over and over and over.

Have you heard Electric Wizard's cover?

Wes likes this.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 10th October 2011, 08:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Been re-listening to Nomad today, who I discovered completely by accident years ago.

Really love his stuff.

Old 11th October 2011, 09:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Some late night sounds...

The universe is a haunted house in one of the great Black Sabbath songs - the glacial ambience of Planet Caravan, a song about interstellar space travellers sailing through endless skies where stars shine like eyes...

nice Coil reference there Wes. and Phurious, you know the Horrors are on Later tonight/fri aye??
Old 11th October 2011, 11:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Nope - didn't know that. Later as in Jules Holland 'Later'. I'll probably iPlayer it and fwd to the parts I wanna see/hear.

Thanks man.

Old 11th October 2011, 11:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've been listening to some new records today, and my initial feelings are -

Bjork - Biophilia: That's more like it! After the turd that was Volta, this sounds lovely.

Nirvana - Nevermind (Devonshire Mixes): Really interesting remix/master. Drums sound loud and abrasive, songs have new found urgency and energy. Doesn't sound like Pixies anymore. Great, great mix.

DJ Shadow - The Less You Know, The Better: Well, never a truer word said. Poor, but better than 'The Outsider'.

Oathbreaker - Maelstrom: Ballsy euro metalcore, brutal in places, and with some serious 80's thrash guitar parts.
Old 11th October 2011, 02:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
Have you heard Electric Wizard's cover?
Yeah, Electric Wizard are great, probably the only metal I'd listen to these days (not counting the likes of sunnO))) and Nadja)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
nice Coil reference there Wes
Well spotted dude !

Earlier I was listening to a pretty fascinating album called The Ghost Orchid - An Introduction To Electronic Voice Phenomena, a collection of 70-odd recordings which feature unexplained spectral occurances, supposedly the voices of ghosts captured on tape. I'm not a believer in this kind of stuff but it is fascinating and undeniably creepy. If you're a fan of the mysterious recordings of The Conet Project you should find this one intruiging...
Old 11th October 2011, 09:34 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Having watched "Way of the Morris" today, I've dug out all my Morris Dancing CDs. Presently on "Magic of Morris Vol 2" disc 1.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th October 2011, 07:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I can only listen to this stuff in the mornings when the office is quiet... as I write this I'm listening to Lull's 2009 album Like A Slow River - if you've heard Lull before you know what to expect, otherwise this is another excellent collection mimimal ambient drift from Mick Harris... Lull has always been a big deal for me - it was one of the first purely experimental things I got into when I was growing tired of death metal in the early 90's... Godflesh, Scorn and Lull were all I took with me from the Earache days...

Demoncrat and Phurious like this.
Old 12th October 2011, 03:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Listening to some Goblin as research for my Music in Horror Films study for college, namely Profondo Rosso OST and Tenebre OST
Phurious and sjconstable like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!