Like Tree1472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2024, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I was probably thinking of the period between Brian Johnson joining in 1980 and the declining quality of their output when, if memory serves, the performances at the beginning of the second DVD of the Family Jewels release were my favourite.

Although I don't have any media with concert footage of the 1992-2008 concerts, I imagine they would be outstanding gigs, hugely entertaining and with brilliant set lists.
I was at Donington when they recorded the live vhs and double / single album AC/DC Live at Donington in 91.

It was a good gig but there were way too many solos of all kinds, out of song solos i mean. After a long day it became really boring. Motley Crue and Metallica were on fire that day and all my energy was gone after watching those two. Crue were proper high energy glam / punk whilst Metallica had released the Black album just the week before and were really on the way to headline status themselves.

I've never actually seen the live dvd and only bought the single cd of the concert so i could lose all the solos.
Old 16th February 2024, 10:21 AM
Cult Master

One of my chums on FB:

"Omg AC/DC at Wembley!! Tickets sold out immediately on See Tickets so I am in a queue on Ticketmaster. All the standing ones are gone although and there’s over 5000 people in front of me. I can see me not getting a ticket 😭😭.

I absolutely guarantee that ticket touts have swallowed up most of them to resell at ridiculous prices. I’ll be disappointed if I can’t get tickets but I refuse to give money to ticket touts"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th February 2024, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
One of my chums on FB:

"Omg AC/DC at Wembley!! Tickets sold out immediately on See Tickets so I am in a queue on Ticketmaster. All the standing ones are gone although and there’s over 5000 people in front of me. I can see me not getting a ticket ����.

I absolutely guarantee that ticket touts have swallowed up most of them to resell at ridiculous prices. I’ll be disappointed if I can’t get tickets but I refuse to give money to ticket touts"
Problem is with bands like these they are always going to sell out irrelevant price of tickets,

Delete my original comment now because all the cheap prices that I stated have gone now.

Last edited by gag; 16th February 2024 at 12:55 PM.
Old 16th February 2024, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pearl Jam Dark matter world tour.

JUN 22
DUBLIN, MARLAY BAR

JUN 25
MANCHESTER, CO-OP ARENA.

June 29th
London Tottenham hotspurs stadium

I'll be hoping to go to see these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4396.jpg (56.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 16th February 2024, 01:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Pearl Jam Dark matter world tour.

JUN 22
DUBLIN, MARLAY BAR

JUN 25
MANCHESTER, CO-OP ARENA.

June 29th
London Tottenham hotspurs stadium

I'll be hoping to go to see these.
Do you actually like these bands you see? Do you buy their music?
Old 16th February 2024, 01:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Do you actually like these bands you see? Do you buy their music?
Yes I do, why would I go fork out around £60 plus expenses to go see bands Im not keen on. I don't always buy all their albums or singles but they're bands I do actually like. I've been asked many times to go see other bands, but I've turned them down because they're ok but I'm not keen on them, and lets be honest I'm not going to post about bands I don't want to see or turned down to watch.
Isn't liking music all about liking various bands/ singers and styles, I also love 90s dance still do.
Old 16th February 2024, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes I do, why would I go fork out around £60 plus expenses to go see bands Im not keen on. I don't always buy all their albums or singles but they're bands I do actually like. I've been asked many times to go see other bands, but I've turned them down because they're ok but I'm not keen on them, and lets be honest I'm not going to post about bands I don't want to see or turned down to watch.
Isn't liking music all about liking various bands/ singers and styles.
Yes. Of course. It's just there are multiple threads on music on here and you never contribute to any of them.

Songs you've heard you like, your favourite albums / artists etc, comments on other people's music posts, things that interest you. For someone who sees so many acts you appear to show no interest whatsoever in actual music.
Old 16th February 2024, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Yes. Of course. It's just there are multiple threads on music on here and you never contribute to any of them.

Songs you've heard you like, your favourite albums / artists etc, comments on other people's music posts, things that interest you. For someone who sees so many acts you appear to show no interest whatsoever in actual music.
True, no idea why I don't tbh, in all fairness I really don't post much at the moment about anything I've watched either tv or films either, guess part of it I've had a lot going on in my life and head for the past yr, I mean just this year alone I know 7 ppl that have passed away, friends, cousins one inc my mum, but bands you've got to watch when you get chance but tv or films you can watch anytime, And lately I've not watched a lot of tv or films tbh, been playing games more than anything recently I find it a easier way to escape from everyday life.
Old 16th February 2024, 01:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
True, no idea why I don't tbh, in all fairness I really don't post much at the moment
It's not really aimed at the hear and now but as long as i've been here you've never posted anything in the music threads other than the concert one.

With such a varied musical taste you really should, I'm sure everyone who contributes and reads the threads would be interested in your views.
gag and Nosferatu@Cult Labs like this.
Old 16th February 2024, 08:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's not really aimed at the hear and now but as long as i've been here you've never posted anything in the music threads other than the concert one.

With such a varied musical taste you really should, I'm sure everyone who contributes and reads the threads would be interested in your views.
I second these sentiments.

Posting photos of the CDs you buy or even a list of them when you have been shopping and bought some CDs, writing a few lines about concerts you have recently been to, and putting YouTube videos of what you're listening to in the thread of that name would be very welcome.

Like this? Share it using the links below!