Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2015, 03:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I bought Taylor Swift's 1989 in the Amazon sale on Saturday cracking little pop album. Last proper album I bought was Popul Vuh's Nosferatu soundtrack and the Super Hang On soundtrack from Data Discs

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 30th November 2015, 10:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I bought Taylor Swift's 1989 in the Amazon sale on Saturday cracking little pop album. Last proper album I bought was Popul Vuh's Nosferatu soundtrack and the Super Hang On soundtrack from Data Discs
Just so you know, I'm only liking your comment in regards to your acquisition of the works of Popul Vuh and Katsuhiro Hayashi and Koichi Namiki.

Last edited by MacBlayne; 30th November 2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 1st December 2015, 02:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Popol Vuh and the Swift. Parties at yours then???

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st December 2015, 04:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default The Replacing thrash albums i used to have on vinyl Project...and er' Kylie.

#2 - Nuclear Assault - Handle with Care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2046 (Large).jpg (90.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2042 (Large).jpg (87.4 KB, 4 views)
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 5th December 2015, 09:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Nothing Has Changed

Nothing Has Changed
Oh not another David Bowie compilation cd,yes indeed folks,the thin white duke unleashed another compilation of greatest hits. Actually this came out year last in three different version,single cd,double cd and triple cd version,Basically it takes us thru every phase of his musical; career so far right up until Sue (0r in A season of crime) . There's no real surprises here to be honest and if your Blowie fan then you already got this and many much more of his stuff. The main point of this release being that it spans his career from 1964 to 2014.,which is pretty damn impressive for a solo artist these days , lets see any of those c**ks on x-factor or The Voice last that long let alone a year. There is one big omission in this rather large collection of glam hits and electronica, yes you guessed it no The Laughing Gnome, released in 1967 it would of fitted in nicely on here and apparently re-released in 1973 due to the success of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars,and managed to get to 6 in the UK charts and earned a silver disc in the UK seling 250,000 copies,this was all from internet so it to me.could be wrong be sounds right. He obviously was embarrassed about it at the time but you'd think he'd would of made his peace with the song by now. it does appear on an early compilation The Deram Anthology: 1966-1968 and I'm pretty sure its on the re-mastered re-release of his debut David Bowie (1967 album) the cover of which he remarkably looks like Liam Gallagher. The songs are mostly in there original single mix edit versions, but I'm sure they've all had the old re-mastering treatment some where along the line,Any how its now a £5 in Sainsbury so make a good cd for the car or your collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51Rg8yfqlPL.jpg (45.9 KB, 2 views)

Old 5th December 2015, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Nothing Has Changed
Oh not another David Bowie compilation cd,yes indeed folks,the thin white duke unleashed another compilation of greatest hits. Actually this came out year last in three different version,single cd,double cd and triple cd version,Basically it takes us thru every phase of his musical; career so far right up until Sue (0r in A season of crime) . There's no real surprises here to be honest and if your Blowie fan then you already got this and many much more of his stuff. The main point of this release being that it spans his career from 1964 to 2014.,which is pretty damn impressive for a solo artist these days , lets see any of those c**ks on x-factor or The Voice last that long let alone a year. There is one big omission in this rather large collection of glam hits and electronica, yes you guessed it no The Laughing Gnome, released in 1967 it would of fitted in nicely on here and apparently re-released in 1973 due to the success of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars,and managed to get to 6 in the UK charts and earned a silver disc in the UK seling 250,000 copies,this was all from internet so it to me.could be wrong be sounds right. He obviously was embarrassed about it at the time but you'd think he'd would of made his peace with the song by now. it does appear on an early compilation The Deram Anthology: 1966-1968 and I'm pretty sure its on the re-mastered re-release of his debut David Bowie (1967 album) the cover of which he remarkably looks like Liam Gallagher. The songs are mostly in there original single mix edit versions, but I'm sure they've all had the old re-mastering treatment some where along the line,Any how its now a £5 in Sainsbury so make a good cd for the car or your collection.
Sounds interesting.

How does it compare to Best of Bowie which i already have?

Old 5th December 2015, 02:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sounds interesting.

How does it compare to Best of Bowie which i already have?

If you got the double cd version of best of bowie then that's the better comp.

Old 5th December 2015, 02:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If you got the double cd version of best of bowie then that's the better comp.
Yes it is the double. Cheers.
Old 7th December 2015, 06:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default bag for life

Tesco's have started selling Vinyl Albums, a nice mixture of classics from Nirvana,Eagles,The Specials The Beatles between £14 to 17.00 £,maybe just an xmas thing but a nice idea anyhow.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Old 7th December 2015, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Tesco's have started selling Vinyl Albums, a nice mixture of classics from Nirvana,Eagles,The Specials The Beatles between 1470 17.00 £,maybe just an xmas thing but a nice idea anyhow.
I'm not sure.

They sold the latest Iron Maiden album on vinyl. I think that sold well so they expanded. I think they also sell turntables now.

Edit -

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.co...ial-sells-out/

Like this? Share it using the links below!