Some recent vinyl purchases

Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

Greetings!
One of the best albums of 2012! Highly recommended.

Greetings!
Old 9th November 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Paul Buchanan "Mid Air". Solo album from the Blue Nile frontman. THIS is the album of 2012.
Well until Bisch Bosch comes out that is..........

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th November 2012, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Venom - Cast in Stone

I was looking for this last week as i wanted to give the second cd a listen. Its ten tracks of re-recorded Venom classics with better production. No idea where it is so i ordered it again, and it arrived today.

A very good album when the original Venom reunited, with Cronos back in place of the underrated Tony Dolan.

I sold quite a few cd's around the year 2000. Ones i thought i would never listen to again. What a dick! I think i've probably bought most of them again by now,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41ZG66681CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (26.5 KB, 2 views)
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 9th November 2012, 10:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Greetings!
Old 10th November 2012, 09:40 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I sold quite a few cd's around the year 2000. Ones i thought i would never listen to again. What a dick! I think i've probably bought most of them again by now,
You and me together

Back in the early 90's, when I was a total metalhead, I got rid of a lot of the albums I got in the 70's and 80's which were *spit* pop!

I now find myself trawling found the shops, trying to replace albums by bands suck as The Boomtown Rats, Hazel O'Connor, Toyah, Bad Manners etc

It's only later when you realise just how good those bands were, and the fact that they have stood the test of time more than acts like Bathory!

It's the same with Live Aid. At the time, there were only a few bands that I was interested in, but many years after the event, I got the DVD, and the acts that I didn't give the time of day to at the time, are now the sets that I watch most!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th November 2012, 04:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
You and me together

Back in the early 90's, when I was a total metalhead, I got rid of a lot of the albums I got in the 70's and 80's which were *spit* pop!

I now find myself trawling found the shops, trying to replace albums by bands suck as The Boomtown Rats, Hazel O'Connor, Toyah, Bad Manners etc

It's only later when you realise just how good those bands were, and the fact that they have stood the test of time more than acts like Bathory!

It's the same with Live Aid. At the time, there were only a few bands that I was interested in, but many years after the event, I got the DVD, and the acts that I didn't give the time of day to at the time, are now the sets that I watch most!
I've learnt now to never get rid of albums. There will always come a time when you want to listen to something. No matter how disappointed you were when you first heard it or even felt fed up with it a few years down the line.

I never get rid of films now until i have at least watched them twice, no matter how poor i thought they were first time around. More often than not i get rid after the second viewing of a poor film though.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:15 PM
Cult Addict

Picked these up today.

Some Girls by The Rolling Stones, a childhood favourite of mine.
Meat and Bone by the very grizzled looking Jon Spencer Blues Explosion which sees a return to form with a fuzzier, meaner sound than their more popular stuff from the days when they were a hip band to like. I always preferred their earlier noisy stuff.
The Violence. A blind buy based on the blurb on the back of the CD stating it is about the English Civil War and the Essex Witch Hunt. I was expecting a slice of wonky, earthy folk music but... it's some sort of indie neo acoustic bilge. Good lyrics, shite music.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg a66318bbfa27a4c5ba37f9f4312787233b91d228.jpeg (45.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg download.jpg (7.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg mbposter2.jpg (91.6 KB, 4 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 10th November 2012, 11:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Did you ever hear the Boss Hogg album Whiteout MTDS?

Its very catchy but i think its one of Spencers best pieces of work. (Not that i've heard them all).
Old 10th November 2012, 11:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Did you ever hear the Boss Hogg album Whiteout MTDS?

Its very catchy but i think its one of Spencers best pieces of work. (Not that i've heard them all).
Sure have Dem but I prefer stuff like this.

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!