Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2014, 04:26 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Swans - To Be Kind. 2CD and 110 minute live dvd.

Will be taking some quiet time later today to immerse myself in it.
Nice! My latest purchase was in fact Swans - Filth, a recent bootleg (I believe) but a must have anyway.

Other than that I've bought some Death Waltz releases this month too, Room 237 and House By The Cemetery for example. Expensive but addictive.
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Greatest Ever Mod

Greatest Ever Mod er not quite.........
61tb8hm1+LL._SL1022_.jpg
Another £5 box set from Tesco's,you can't argue with the value three cd's 60 odd tracks,with the tentative conection of being mod classics,Some are some aint,a few nice surprises and a few of the usual suspects,still nice mix highlights being Good Morning Girl David Bowie , For Your Love - The Yardbirds,Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics,The Night - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons,Louie Louie - The Kingsmen - The Kingsmen,Poison Ivy - The Coasters and Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker.
Old 3rd June 2014, 04:46 PM
Cultist

Death Waltz RSD release of The Bronx Warriors soundtrack.

Bought it from someone from the US via discogs, came with a ****ed corner but I'm just happy to own it.
Old 4th June 2014, 08:38 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Attachment 137117
Another £5 box set from Tesco's,you can't argue with the value three cd's 60 odd tracks,with the tentative conection of being mod classics,Some are some aint,a few nice surprises and a few of the usual suspects,still nice mix highlights being Good Morning Girl David Bowie , For Your Love - The Yardbirds,Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics,The Night - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons,Louie Louie - The Kingsmen - The Kingsmen,Poison Ivy - The Coasters and Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker.
I bet it doesn't contain anything by The Who tho!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th June 2014, 05:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Your right it does'nt,i should imagine buying the rights to any Who track would negate any profit made on the box set,Im assuming these box sets are made on the cheap.
Old 5th June 2014, 12:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Attachment 137117
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Quote:
Your right it does'nt,i should imagine buying the rights to any Who track would negate any profit made on the box set,Im assuming these box sets are made on the cheap.
It's a bit more political than that!

Apparently...back in the 1960's, the band made a bad business deal with their producer at the time, resulting in him getting a huge percentage of all the records they released throughout the decade

Because of this, The Who only released 4 albums between 1965 - 1970 ('My Generation', 'A Quick One', 'The Who Sell Out' and 'Tommy'). Instead, they made their name as a live act, rather than a singles band
Rondadoronron likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th June 2014, 09:23 AM
Active Cultist

Picked up this collection today. Already got Abigail but for $30 I couldn't say no.
Weirdly, Conspiracy is the only one with any proper disc art (the rest just have the title and track list). Quite like it though (linked because the pic is massive).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kingdiamond.jpg (73.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 6th June 2014, 04:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Mods Vs Rockers

Another cheap and cheerful compilation.

81MFnw62AgL._SL1500_.jpg91lLTZLzkxL._SL1500_.jpg
Old 6th June 2014, 06:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Another cheap and cheerful compilation.

Attachment 137273Attachment 137274
I watched the remake of Brighton Rock last week. I've not seen the original, shame on me, but i did enjoy this.

In the special features there's a lighthearted part called Mods or Rockers where the cast are asked where their colours would be.

The majority of the younger ones said Mods, however Andy Serkis replied Rockers as he still is one.

Helen Mirren also said Rockers as she liked motorbikes and leather and attitude, not those pathetic little Lambrettas.
Old 6th June 2014, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the remake of Brighton Rock last week. I've not seen the original, shame on me, but i did enjoy this.

In the special features there's a lighthearted part called Mods or Rockers where the cast are asked where their colours would be.

The majority of the younger ones said Mods, however Andy Serkis replied Rockers as he still is one.

Helen Mirren also said Rockers as she liked motorbikes and leather and attitude, not those pathetic little Lambrettas.
I might check out the remake,the original is brilliant and its the best thing Richard Attenborough has done,British Noir at its best.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!