Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2018, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well no bloody Female Trouble in July unless Criterion are planning a Divine surprise!
Old 24th April 2018, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Well no bloody Female Trouble in July unless Criterion are planning a Divine surprise!
HUUUG !!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th April 2018, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
in case anyone was wondering the July UK releases are:

A Matter of Life and Death
Sex, Lies and Videotape

The artwork is the same as the US releases
Old 24th April 2018, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Yeah count me in as another who is a bit sore about the lack of Female Trouble... However, on the flip-side A Matter of Life and Death is a phenomenal film. One to pick up in the next Criterion 2 for £25 from HMV for sure.
Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.
Old 24th April 2018, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I hope we don't end up like Dawn Davenport forever wanting those cha-cha heels!
Old 24th April 2018, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran

Well if it isn't announced before the end of June I'm just going to import the American release because it's probably my favourite early Waters film. At least I have the DVD for now.
JAMIOUSE and Demoncrat like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th May 2018, 07:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://news.avclub.com/terrence-mal...tes-1825967166

The tree of life is getting a release of 50 min longer

Terrence Malick’s symphonically ambitious rumination on his ’50s Texas childhood and overall place in the cosmos, is coming to the Criterion Collection. That’s no surprise, considering that the storied deluxe video label has already produced DVD and Blu-Ray releases of the reclusive filmmaker’s first four features: Badlands, Days Of Heaven, The Thin Red Line, and The New World. But according to Variety, Criterion’s edition (which currently has no release date) will include both the original version of the film, and a new cut that’s a whopping 50 minutes longer.

The film, which took three years to complete and marks the transition point from Malick’s post-comeback historical reveries and his recent (and more uneven) run of autobiographical abstractions, was released to acclaim in 2011, winning the Palme d’Or at that year’s Cannes Film Festival and earning an unlikely Oscar nomination for Best Picture. (In 2015, this fine publication named it the third best film of the decade so far.) At its center is a boy’s relationship to his stern father (Brad Pitt) and affectionate mother (Jessica Chastain, then a complete unknown), which resonates both into the present day, with Sean Penn playing the protagonist as a grown-up, and into the evolutionary past. (There are dinosaurs.)

Like many of the director’s films, The Tree Of Life was significantly improvised, and over a million feet of 35mm film were shot by Malick and cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki during production. Obviously, both versions of the film are director’s cuts, though the new one—which Criterion is reportedly financing themselves—will fill in many of the ellipses in the family narrative, drawing the parents’ own upbringings into the story and adding more material with Penn’s grown-up character. Though it will reportedly leave the film’s special-effects-heavy “creation” sequence untouched, the article mentions a “major natural catastrophe that serves as a kind of centerpiece” in the longer version. According to Variety, Malick spent the better part of a year working on the new cut.
Old 24th June 2018, 06:15 PM
Cult Veteran

I gave up on waiting for Female Trouble to be announced in the UK and ordered the American disc. More expensive than I would have liked (£24.50) but I paid more for Cat O Nine Tales from Arrow and I don't even particularly like that film

In recent John Waters interview he mentioned that Criterion is doing Polyester next and WB are doing Pink Flamingos!!

It's a great time to be alive

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd July 2018, 06:48 AM
Cult Master

Confirmed: Criterion Intends to Release Showa Godzilla Films on DVD/Blu-Ray - Godzilla 2 Movie News

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd July 2018, 07:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Awesome!
I'm in!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!