Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree542Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2021, 08:52 AM
Cult Master

'MR. BLANDINGS BUILDS HIS DREAMHOUSE' (1948) - Coming soon from Warner Archive Collection in a new 2021 1080p HD Master sourced from 4k scan of Original Nitrate Camera Negative!

"New York adman Jim Blandings is ready to say goodbye to his cramped city apartment and build, from the ground up, a Connecticut home with room enough for his growing family and dreams. All it will cost him is his time and money…and perhaps his job, marriage, happiness and what’s left of his sanity.

Goodbye, Manhattan. Hello, comedy. As Jim, Cary Grant is a flustered poster boy for homeowner anxiety in this gleeful laughfest. Myrna Loy, her voice and line phrasing like musical chimes, plays Jim’s ever-patient wife. Louise Beavers is the sunny housemaid whose enthusiasm for Wham Ham saves Jim’s career bacon. And Melvyn Douglas is the perhaps-too-friendly family friend.

“Drop in and see us sometime,” Jim says. Invitation accepted!"

Special Features and Specs:
  • Classic Cartoon: "House of Tomorrow"
  • Lux Radio Theater with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne
  • Screen Director's Playhouse with Betsy Drake and Cary Grant (radio program)
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Run Time 94:00
  • Subtitles English SDH
  • Audio Specs DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, MONO - English
  • Aspect Ratio 1.37:1, 4x3 FULL FRAME
  • Disc Configuration BD 50

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th April 2021, 10:03 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Love Mr. Blandings Build His Dream House. Fantastic movie.
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 9th April 2021, 10:20 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Love Mr. Blandings Build His Dream House. Fantastic movie.
I've got the Silver Screens Icons DVD set of Cary Grant movies and this is one of them, I've never watched it though, I bought it just before I packed up all of my stuff... (I hate living out of boxes)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th April 2021, 11:27 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
(I hate living out of boxes)
Welcome to my world for the last 5 years!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 14th April 2021, 03:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
This year it's been mixed - one order was with me within two weeks and the other one took close to a month.

tbh i never complain about delivery times as i'm never in a rush to get anything. as long as they arrive, that's all that matters

EDIT: just noticed my latest package shipped yesterday so i'll report back how long it takes.
So my Deep Discount package was delivered today by Hermes. Should have been yesterday but I wasn't in.

So 9 days from dispatch to arrival.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th April 2021, 06:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Gonna watch my ISLE OF THE DEAD BD tonight.

Let y'all know how it looks.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th April 2021, 04:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Warner related didn’t know where to put it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thewash...6wsUl2j-1CGnSI

Will Warner Bros. Really phase out DVDs and Blu-Rays next year?

Those who like physical media might take a big hit next year. According to animation historian Jerry Beck, Warner Bros. begin phasing out DVD and Blu-ray releases from 2022. This means that future movies and TV shows are unlikely to be released physically, with the focus shifting to streaming. Specifically, HBO Max.

The news recently started circulating on Twitter. While Jerry Beck hasn’t tweeted from his personal account in a while, some screenshots of what appears to be a Facebook group have been circulating recently. In the screencaps, Beck says that Warner Bros. has no plans to commemorate a number of historic anniversaries in the animation world next year. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

“At this point, there are no plans to commemorate Daffy or Tweety’s anniversaries next year or ever. The company is slowly moving away from physical media. project we’re in the middle of, due out later this year … or not). Anything is possible … we’ll just have to wait and see. “

Jerry Beck is not directly affiliated with Warner Bros. but is considered a trusted insider in this area. He is a legitimate historian and has quite a bit of credibility. So while this is not coming straight from the horse’s mouth, it is well worth keeping an eye out for. As he continued speaking, he explained the following.

“It includes both Warner Archive and regular Warner Home Video. You will still see some new releases of both in the rest of 2021, but those were scheduled last year. Next year (2022), this year’s changes will be noticeable. Yes, the Tex Avery sets sold well enough for the Archive Collection division with low overheads. But in general they are peanuts … and the focus there is now on streaming (HBO Max). ”

It’s worth noting that Jerry Beck specializes in animation and, more specifically, he could be talking about that arena. In any case, the shift away from physical media with a focus on streaming makes sense. So many movie buffs still love Blu-rays, the market has been shrinking for years. Relatively speaking, it is a niche market. Streaming, meanwhile, is seen as the future of entertainment, representing potentially billions in reliable monthly revenue.

This is also important as companies like Apple and Amazon are currently facing lawsuits related to digital film and TV purchases. These purchases are not so much proprietary as they are rented as long as the company decides to bring these titles to platforms such as iTunes. With that in mind, Blu-rays and more recently 4K Ultra HD releases are of great value to those who want to make sure they can watch certain movies indefinitely. Admittedly, at worst, this would just be Warner Bros. to be. But it would be easy to see Disney and other studios follow suit to double the streaming. You can view the screenshots yourself, as shared by the peng Twitter account.

Get all WB DVDs / Blu-Rays while you can. According to this guy (who works regularly with Warner Archive, their exclusive DVD service), Warner will start leaving that market in 2022 pic.twitter.com/Nwa6f1NU68
Old 24th April 2021, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict

We asked somebody not really related to the corporations or distributing section of Warner bros and they didn't think it would happen but they weren't really sure, but anyway we just thought you'd like to know that it might not happen according to some guy that has no idea what will happen.

So if it doesn't happen, the bloke that doesn't know told you here first.
...That it might not happen.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 24th April 2021, 05:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Warner related didn’t know where to put it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thewash...6wsUl2j-1CGnSI

Will Warner Bros. Really phase out DVDs and Blu-Rays next year?

Those who like physical media might take a big hit next year. According to animation historian Jerry Beck, Warner Bros. begin phasing out DVD and Blu-ray releases from 2022. This means that future movies and TV shows are unlikely to be released physically, with the focus shifting to streaming. Specifically, HBO Max.

The news recently started circulating on Twitter. While Jerry Beck hasn’t tweeted from his personal account in a while, some screenshots of what appears to be a Facebook group have been circulating recently. In the screencaps, Beck says that Warner Bros. has no plans to commemorate a number of historic anniversaries in the animation world next year. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

“At this point, there are no plans to commemorate Daffy or Tweety’s anniversaries next year or ever. The company is slowly moving away from physical media. project we’re in the middle of, due out later this year … or not). Anything is possible … we’ll just have to wait and see. “

Jerry Beck is not directly affiliated with Warner Bros. but is considered a trusted insider in this area. He is a legitimate historian and has quite a bit of credibility. So while this is not coming straight from the horse’s mouth, it is well worth keeping an eye out for. As he continued speaking, he explained the following.

“It includes both Warner Archive and regular Warner Home Video. You will still see some new releases of both in the rest of 2021, but those were scheduled last year. Next year (2022), this year’s changes will be noticeable. Yes, the Tex Avery sets sold well enough for the Archive Collection division with low overheads. But in general they are peanuts … and the focus there is now on streaming (HBO Max). ”

It’s worth noting that Jerry Beck specializes in animation and, more specifically, he could be talking about that arena. In any case, the shift away from physical media with a focus on streaming makes sense. So many movie buffs still love Blu-rays, the market has been shrinking for years. Relatively speaking, it is a niche market. Streaming, meanwhile, is seen as the future of entertainment, representing potentially billions in reliable monthly revenue.

This is also important as companies like Apple and Amazon are currently facing lawsuits related to digital film and TV purchases. These purchases are not so much proprietary as they are rented as long as the company decides to bring these titles to platforms such as iTunes. With that in mind, Blu-rays and more recently 4K Ultra HD releases are of great value to those who want to make sure they can watch certain movies indefinitely. Admittedly, at worst, this would just be Warner Bros. to be. But it would be easy to see Disney and other studios follow suit to double the streaming. You can view the screenshots yourself, as shared by the peng Twitter account.

Get all WB DVDs / Blu-Rays while you can. According to this guy (who works regularly with Warner Archive, their exclusive DVD service), Warner will start leaving that market in 2022 pic.twitter.com/Nwa6f1NU68
This is breaking the internet today. It's worth noting that Warner have officially denied it and as evidence point to the fact they have just entered into a partnership with Universal for the distribution of physical media. A consequence of the merger in that the Warner Archive will close.

We all know eventually the big boys will withdraw from physical media but I think we have a few years yet...
Old 24th April 2021, 05:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Perhaps Warners will simply license their titles to companies like Arrow instead of doing it themselves. That makes sense.

Warners releases are all pretty much extras free anyway.

Edit - What Rob said above.
it'smebilly likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!