All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2014, 06:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Picked up Graduation Day, Unhinged and the HMV £5.99!! exclusive Killjoy dvd collection. 88 Films have also told me that the Gingerdead Man films will be released in January.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413396995.369197.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413397007.117819.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413397028.497794.jpg
Old 15th October 2014, 06:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Films View Post
Two - three weeks. I think you can tell how fast we have been moving in acquiring new titles over the past few weeks We want to make sure we can bring these movies to you as soon as possible.
Which is very much appriciated! Oh and welcome back to the forum.
Old 16th October 2014, 05:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The final specs and artwork for Trancers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413478983.311682.jpg

It’s a Full Moon Party and Everyone is Invited!

CULT SCI-FI CLASSIC TRANCERS TIME TRAVELS ONTO BRITISH BLU RAY!

AN EIGHTIES FAVOURITE IS FINALLY HERE – WITH A HEROIC HI-DEF TRANSFER!

The legendary Charles Band has crafted a slew of certified genre classics - from the original RE-ANIMATOR (1985), which helped to launch the producer’s celebrated Empire Pictures, to the likes of PUPPET MASTER (1989) and CASTLE FREAK (1995). However, few of Band’s cinematic achievements are as beloved as his genre-jousting interplanetary gem TRANCERS – starring the iconic Tim Thomerson (NEAR DARK) in his trademark role of Jack Deth. A curious, carnage-packed cross between THE TERMINATOR (1984) and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968), TRANCERS is widely accepted to be one of the finest sci-fi themed films of its decade.

A futuristic law-enforcer, Jack Deth has the unenviable task of tracking down a psychic-psycho who is turning unassuming residents of 1980’s Los Angeles into his zombie servants (and watch out for a clever homage to David Cronenberg’s RABID with the appearance of an ‘infected’ Santa Claus!). Travelling back to 1985, from the year 2247, Deth inhabits the body of an old ancestor - a silver-haired California journalist called Phil Dethton. Coming to terms with the late 20th century proves to be a struggle for Deth but, thankfully, he has a beautiful blonde girlfriend to keep him occupied (played by Academy Award winner Helen Hunt) and an army of antagonists to exterminate! Directed by Band himself, TRANCERS led to five sequels, defined the video rental era and established Hunt as an A-list actress in waiting.

Long-awaited by fans of 88 Films, a company with a proven dedication to Band’s filmic franchises (including UK BluRay premieres of the PUPPET MASTER and SUBSPECIES series), TRANCERS arrives with a glorious new HD master straight from the original camera negative. As such, this galaxy-grappling great has never looked better – and arrives on British shelves with some suitably out-of-this-world extra features. Perhaps most curious, for fans of Jack Deth’s numerous jaunts, is the inclusion of TRANCERS: CITY OF LOST ANGELS – the lost half hour follow-up that Band directed in 1988, three years before his ‘official’ TRANCERS II (1991). Produced as part of an abandoned anthology film (entitled PULSE POUNDERS) both Tim Thomerson and Helen Hunt return for CITY OF LOST ANGELS – making its inclusion on the 88 Films release of TRANCERS all the more rewarding. Also known as TRANCERS 1.5 – such a remarkable oddity is sure to further delight fans of Full Moon Entertainment.

The full specs for TRANCERS, which arrives on November 24th, are listed below:

· Newly transferred and restored in HD from the Original Camera Negative

· Newly Created 5.1 DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Sound Remix

· Original DTS-HD MA Stereo Soundtrack Option

· Trancers: City of Lost Angels (Pulse Pounders Episode believe lost for 25 years and now finally restored and completed)

· Flashback Weekend Trancers: City of Lost Angels Premiere Documentary

· Cybercrime: The Making Of Trancers Documentary. Featuring Director Charles Band, Jack Deth actor Tim Thomerson and writers Danny Bilson and Paul de Meo

· Feature length Audio Commentary by Director Charles Band and star Tim Thomerson

· Rare Archive interviews with Tim Thomerson, Megan Ward and Helen Hunt

· High Definition Stills Gallery

· Trailers for Trancers 1-5

· 88 Trailer Reel

· Booklet Notes by Dr. Calum Waddell

· Newly commissioned artwork by Rick Melton

· Reversible Sleeve Incorporating Original Artwork
Old 16th October 2014, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The final specs and artwork for Trancers.

Attachment 146867

It’s a Full Moon Party and Everyone is Invited!

CULT SCI-FI CLASSIC TRANCERS TIME TRAVELS ONTO BRITISH BLU RAY!

AN EIGHTIES FAVOURITE IS FINALLY HERE – WITH A HEROIC HI-DEF TRANSFER!

The legendary Charles Band has crafted a slew of certified genre classics - from the original RE-ANIMATOR (1985), which helped to launch the producer’s celebrated Empire Pictures, to the likes of PUPPET MASTER (1989) and CASTLE FREAK (1995). However, few of Band’s cinematic achievements are as beloved as his genre-jousting interplanetary gem TRANCERS – starring the iconic Tim Thomerson (NEAR DARK) in his trademark role of Jack Deth. A curious, carnage-packed cross between THE TERMINATOR (1984) and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968), TRANCERS is widely accepted to be one of the finest sci-fi themed films of its decade.

A futuristic law-enforcer, Jack Deth has the unenviable task of tracking down a psychic-psycho who is turning unassuming residents of 1980’s Los Angeles into his zombie servants (and watch out for a clever homage to David Cronenberg’s RABID with the appearance of an ‘infected’ Santa Claus!). Travelling back to 1985, from the year 2247, Deth inhabits the body of an old ancestor - a silver-haired California journalist called Phil Dethton. Coming to terms with the late 20th century proves to be a struggle for Deth but, thankfully, he has a beautiful blonde girlfriend to keep him occupied (played by Academy Award winner Helen Hunt) and an army of antagonists to exterminate! Directed by Band himself, TRANCERS led to five sequels, defined the video rental era and established Hunt as an A-list actress in waiting.

Long-awaited by fans of 88 Films, a company with a proven dedication to Band’s filmic franchises (including UK BluRay premieres of the PUPPET MASTER and SUBSPECIES series), TRANCERS arrives with a glorious new HD master straight from the original camera negative. As such, this galaxy-grappling great has never looked better – and arrives on British shelves with some suitably out-of-this-world extra features. Perhaps most curious, for fans of Jack Deth’s numerous jaunts, is the inclusion of TRANCERS: CITY OF LOST ANGELS – the lost half hour follow-up that Band directed in 1988, three years before his ‘official’ TRANCERS II (1991). Produced as part of an abandoned anthology film (entitled PULSE POUNDERS) both Tim Thomerson and Helen Hunt return for CITY OF LOST ANGELS – making its inclusion on the 88 Films release of TRANCERS all the more rewarding. Also known as TRANCERS 1.5 – such a remarkable oddity is sure to further delight fans of Full Moon Entertainment.

The full specs for TRANCERS, which arrives on November 24th, are listed below:

· Newly transferred and restored in HD from the Original Camera Negative

· Newly Created 5.1 DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Sound Remix

· Original DTS-HD MA Stereo Soundtrack Option

· Trancers: City of Lost Angels (Pulse Pounders Episode believe lost for 25 years and now finally restored and completed)

· Flashback Weekend Trancers: City of Lost Angels Premiere Documentary

· Cybercrime: The Making Of Trancers Documentary. Featuring Director Charles Band, Jack Deth actor Tim Thomerson and writers Danny Bilson and Paul de Meo

· Feature length Audio Commentary by Director Charles Band and star Tim Thomerson

· Rare Archive interviews with Tim Thomerson, Megan Ward and Helen Hunt

· High Definition Stills Gallery

· Trailers for Trancers 1-5

· 88 Trailer Reel

· Booklet Notes by Dr. Calum Waddell

· Newly commissioned artwork by Rick Melton

· Reversible Sleeve Incorporating Original Artwork
Really like the new artwork
Old 16th October 2014, 06:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Really like the new artwork

I really like the original artwork (well, apart from that stupid helmet. Always hated that).
Old 16th October 2014, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

How about 88 Films releasing Death Spa? From the trailer it looks like good gorey camp fun!
Old 16th October 2014, 10:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I really like the original artwork (well, apart from that stupid helmet. Always hated that).
As was released on the original vhs rental.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trancers-10413l.jpg (57.7 KB, 3 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th October 2014, 10:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Picked up Graduation Day, Unhinged and the HMV £5.99!! exclusive Killjoy dvd collection. 88 Films have also told me that the Gingerdead Man films will be released in January.

Attachment 146837
Attachment 146838 Attachment 146839
Can't wait to see those numbered red cases begin to line up on the old shelf!

The next isn't for a while though is it?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th October 2014, 07:03 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Can't wait to see those numbered red cases begin to line up on the old shelf!

The next isn't for a while though is it?
January (I think).
Old 17th October 2014, 08:41 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ach well,brighten up the dreariest month of the year!

Like this? Share it using the links below!