Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2023, 12:20 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What are the chances Evil Dead Trap will be uncut? Will all previous cuts be waived?
Hopefully, I have the Unearthed BD and the subtitles are drastically out of sync in certain scenes so I’ll be eager to pick this up if it’s uncut and subtitles are in sync. With 'House on the Edge of the Park' getting released uncut you’d think this should definitely pass through unscathed.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 16th November 2023, 12:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Some bizarre choices there like Loch Ness, S.W.A.T. and Mosquito Squadron.

Although i'm delighted about Mosquito Squadron.

What are the chances Evil Dead Trap will be uncut? Will all previous cuts be waived?

As for Witchfinder General and Blood on Satan's Claw. I'll be sticking with my Screenbound Blu's which look glorious anyway. Especially as Claw is missing the League of Gentlemen commentary.
It is a very eclectic mix isn't it. I'm quite pleased to see Loch Ness get a blu release though. Hardly Cult Labs material I know but it's an old fave I haven't seen for many years.
Like you I've no intention of upgrading Witchfinder or Claw, the screenbound releases are more than adequate.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 16th November 2023, 01:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
It is a very eclectic mix isn't it. I'm quite pleased to see Loch Ness get a blu release though. Hardly Cult Labs material I know but it's an old fave I haven't seen for many years.
Like you I've no intention of upgrading Witchfinder or Claw, the screenbound releases are more than adequate.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
I'd like Loch Ness as well but seeing as it's pretty much a bare bones release i'd only get it when greatly reduced from the £17 it's up at now.
Old 16th November 2023, 02:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The artworks for the two Tigon Films and Gold are gorgeous. Other labels could definitely learn something from them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81zalsjxxq-L-AC-SL1500.jpg (105.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 81s-TJcg-INRL-AC-SL1500.jpg (108.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 81kp-Kdae8-SL-AC-SL1500.jpg (106.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 16th November 2023, 03:16 PM
Cult Master

"House on the Edge of the Park - Update

Hi, thanks everyone for your patience. We are so nearly there now with finishing off the House on the Edge of the Park replacement disc. We have final check discs in hand and they are being tested for compatibility while I type this.

This project has turned out to be a far bigger one for us than we initially envisioned. The mistakes on the first release are inexcusable, but they were also SOO frustrating, at least 4 different people viewed those initial discs and no issues were raised with the audio...... mistake number 1

The cropping we did notice but were unable to obtain another master from our supplier as were told that it was necessary due to stabilisation, so we figured it would be ok........ mistake number 2.....

Anyway, what happened happened, we put out a sub par product that judging from the reviews an awful lot of people were still very happy with, but we didn't want to leave it like that, especially after we had issues with Hell of the Living Dead at the same time.

So, we managed to finally obtain access to the negative scans and discovered to our dismay they were done on a blackmagic scanner and we would be fighting a uphill battle to improve upon the first master. So we took the decision with the very kind permission of our licensor and their agent to move the negative to another facility with a pin registered scanner. After receiving those and verifying we definitely had the full frame to work with we went ahead and commissioned a bran new from the ground up restoration and Dolby Vision grade which thankfully, we're over the moon about.

So this is a heads up to explain why the replacement discs will look so different to the first incarnations and also why it's taken so long. We have definitely lost a lot of money on this release but we really want you to be able to experience this landmark film the way it should be....... finally.

Thanks for your support and patience."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th November 2023, 03:23 PM
Cult Master

Apparently 'Evil Dead Trap'. 'Evil Dead Trap 2' and 'Tokyo Decadence' are all uncut

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th November 2023, 04:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I have the Unearthed BD and the subtitles are drastically out of sync in certain scenes
Yeah, that was extremely annoying.

I also hope there's a more stable bitrate, on the 88 disc.
Dave likes this.
Old 16th November 2023, 04:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently 'Evil Dead Trap'. 'Evil Dead Trap 2' and 'Tokyo Decadence' are all uncut
According to DVD Compare, the ArrowDrome Tokyo Decadence DVD is uncut, so it would be surprising if that changed for an upcoming Blu-ray release.

https://www.dvdcompare.net/compariso....php?fid=14964
Old 16th November 2023, 04:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The Amityville Horror
https://amzn.eu/d/1iX5K1p - 4k
https://amzn.eu/d/bqw68nZ - Blu-ray
I really hope they release a 4K of Amityville 2, in the near future.
Which too me, is far superior, and I love the sleaze

If they can also locate and include the deleted footage, I would be a very happy man.

From Wiki:
After director Damiano Damiani's original cut of the film was shown to test audiences, several scenes had to be cut out for various reasons, one of them being the negative reaction of the audience to a scene in which Anthony anally rapes Dolores and another scene in which Sonny and Patricia have incestuous sex. This scene was added into the script by Damiani who wanted to really upset the viewers. The original scene was much more graphic and sexual, while in the movie it cuts to the next scene almost immediately after Sonny starts kissing Patricia. Some other deleted scenes were shown on lobby cards and stills for the movie, such as a scene in which Anthony is sitting outside the house drinking and cleaning a gun and a scene where Jan is pushing Mark's head under the water while he is in the bathtub. The theatrical trailer also shows a shot of Jan and Mark looking at the window and holding hands. The only deleted scene which was ever released in some form is the so-called "Lost Souls" scene, originally from near the end of the movie, in which souls that are within the house appear in front of Adamsky and he blesses them. No actual footage was released but a UK special collector's edition DVD includes several stills from this deleted scene
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 16th November 2023, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
The artworks for the two Tigon Films and Gold are gorgeous. Other labels could definitely learn something from them.
Agreed

Are these original artworks? Hard to believe, they are so good...
will graham likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!