Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2021, 08:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
88 Films Announcement for July #1 - In Hell (2003) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Amazon UK £15:00

Release date: July 12

"Kyle Lord (Jean-Claude Van Damme - Universal Soldier, Time Cop) is arrested and convicted for the vigilante killing of his wife’s murderer.

Kyle must survive life in a maximum security prison where inmates are made to battle to their death in a brutal, no holds barred fight called "The Shu" for the warden’s entertainment and profit.

Kyle fights his oppressors and is quickly sent to "The Shu" where his unbridled rage catapults him to the victor’s circle. Kyle has become one of the monsters he despises and must now battle within himself to survive!"

More Details TBC (3000 Units limited Special Edition)

Illustration likely to change

Oh bollocks to all these Van Damme titles. Let’s have more Italian Collection!
Old 30th April 2021, 08:33 PM
Cult Master

88 Films Announcement for July #3 - Robotrix (1991) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Amazon UK £25:00

Release date: July 26

"From the heady days of early 90s Hong Kong exploitation cinema comes Robotrix, a hi-octane, fast and furious science fiction romp, packed with glorious action sequences and bonkers plotlines. When evil inventor Ryuichi Sakamato (Chung Lin) transfers his mind into that of a powerful cyborg, he becomes a murderer and rapist. But when one of his victims, Police officer Selena Lin (Chikako Aoyama) becomes super robot Eve-27, she teams up with android sidekick Ann (Amy Yip) and together they seek to bring the criminally insane scientist to justice.

Like a crazy mix of The Terminator (1981), The Power Rangers and of course, Robocop (1987) Robotrix, combines the mad doctor movie with extreme martial arts to deliver a sexy, seductive, bionic tale of lust and violence given a uniquely Asian futuristic spin."

More Details TBC (Deluxe Rigid Slip Edition)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th April 2021, 08:37 PM
Cult Master

88 Films Announcement for July #4 - The Violent Professionals (1973) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Amazon UK £25:00

"Tough cop Giorgio (Luc Merenda, Torso) doesn't like to play by the rules, going as far as gunning down a ruthless criminal in broad daylight. After he's suspended from the force and his boss is murdered, he goes on a brutal undercover dive into the criminal underworld to expose a criminal organisation with no respect for authority. Starring Richard Conte (The Godfather) with a powerhouse score by the great composers Guido and Maurizio De Angelis (Street Law, The Big Racket), this blistering Italian crime classic blazes onto Blu-ray with every car chase and gunshot more mind-blowing than ever. Directed by cult filmmaker Sergio Martino (Hands of Steel, 2019 After the Fall of New York)."

Special features:
  • (Deluxe Rigid Slip Edition) - 2000 Copies Only
  • Rigid Slipcase with new artwork by Thomas Walker
  • Includes 40 Page Perfect bound book
  • Includes Fold Out Poster
  • Includes both English and Italian Cuts of the Film
  • Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw
  • Out For Justice - An Interview with Actor Luc Merenda
  • Story of Ex - An Interview with Actress Martine Brochard
  • Conceiving a Giallo - An Interview with Writer Ernesto Gastaldi
  • A Violent Professional - An Interview with Director Sergio Martino
  • Luciano Rossi: A Video Tribute - By Kier-La Janisse
  • Original Trailer

Old 30th April 2021, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The following have shown up on Amazon but haven't been officially announced:

The Flag Of Iron
Disciples Of Shaolin
The Tough Ones
The Doll Of Satan
Snapshot
Story Of Ricky
The Nun And The Devil

A couple of interesting titles in there
Old 30th April 2021, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
88 Films Announcement for July #4 - The Violent Professionals (1973) - Blu-ray pre-order available at Amazon UK £25:00

"Tough cop Giorgio (Luc Merenda, Torso) doesn't like to play by the rules, going as far as gunning down a ruthless criminal in broad daylight. After he's suspended from the force and his boss is murdered, he goes on a brutal undercover dive into the criminal underworld to expose a criminal organisation with no respect for authority. Starring Richard Conte (The Godfather) with a powerhouse score by the great composers Guido and Maurizio De Angelis (Street Law, The Big Racket), this blistering Italian crime classic blazes onto Blu-ray with every car chase and gunshot more mind-blowing than ever. Directed by cult filmmaker Sergio Martino (Hands of Steel, 2019 After the Fall of New York)."

Special features:
  • (Deluxe Rigid Slip Edition) - 2000 Copies Only
  • Rigid Slipcase with new artwork by Thomas Walker
  • Includes 40 Page Perfect bound book
  • Includes Fold Out Poster
  • Includes both English and Italian Cuts of the Film
  • Audio Commentary with Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw
  • Out For Justice - An Interview with Actor Luc Merenda
  • Story of Ex - An Interview with Actress Martine Brochard
  • Conceiving a Giallo - An Interview with Writer Ernesto Gastaldi
  • A Violent Professional - An Interview with Director Sergio Martino
  • Luciano Rossi: A Video Tribute - By Kier-La Janisse
  • Original Trailer

[*]Conceiving a Giallo - An Interview with Writer Ernesto Gastaldi - surely this must be a mistake? The film is a poliziotteschi as opposed to a giallo.
Old 3rd May 2021, 09:35 PM
Cult Master

'Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky' (1991) - Blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £25:00

Release date: August 16

"Director Lam Ngai Kai (Erotic Ghost Story/Saga of the Phoenix), brings us a tour de force story of incarceration and injustice laced with super charged action sequences and mounting prison-based tension. Set in the year 2001, where all correctional facilities have been privatised, martial artist Ricky finds himself victim to the corrupt system when he is found guilty of the manslaughter of an infamous crime boss. Once in jail he must fight for his own survival when he is thrown into a world of enemies vying for his blood.

Based on the Japanese Manga by Masahiko Takajo and Tetsuya Saruwatari, this cinematic adaptation also follows closely in the footsteps of a host brutal prison dramas like Brute Force (1947), Escape from Alcatraz (1979) and Scum (1979) but of course it’s all delivered with a distinctive Hong Kong style powerhouse punch"

Extras:
  • Audio Comm with Kim and Sean Hogan
  • Audio Comentary with Audi Sorlie
  • Trailer
  • Interview - Louis Fan
  • Tim Murray Booklet

MORE INFO TBA

g053584398, Dave and MrBarlow like this.

Old 3rd May 2021, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
'Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky' (1991) - Blu-ray pre-order available from Amazon UK - £25:00
No sooner do i get a BD player than 88 Films price me out of the game. I really can't afford to be paying £25 a disc. It's simply too much.
Old 4th May 2021, 09:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No sooner do i get a BD player than 88 Films price me out of the game. I really can't afford to be paying £25 a disc. It's simply too much.
It appears ridiculously expensive. Surely there'll be a standard edition?

I have to be picky with what I spend at the expensive end of the market also. For most things I wait for standard editions and sales. I think I've only committed to buying around 5 things that could be described as LE's so far this year.

Andy Milligan boxset (Severin)
Christopher Lee Eurocult set (Severin)
Hammer #6 (Indicator)
Karloff Columbia set (Eureka)
Bill Rebane boxset (Arrow)
g053584398 likes this.
Old 4th May 2021, 09:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I blame Arrow, they set the model of limited editions in a hard case with the book(let) and people seemed to like them since they sold out really fast so naturally 88 and Second Sight have followed.

If the Jackie Chan films are anything to go by, the ltd one is selling out fast and it's followed by a normal edition pretty fast.

Personally I like the ltd ones every now and then, but they take up double the space of a standard edition, and space is more of a premium to me than the money value to be honest.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th May 2021, 10:54 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I personally think the overall BD and DVD market is in serious decline and the die hards are having to shoulder the ever increasing costs.

Like this? Share it using the links below!