Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2015, 03:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I can live without the animal violence, especially if it is edited well (like the muskrat scene in the Shameless release of Cannibal Holocaust) as I need to mentally prepare myself for watching material like that. I'm not squeamish, but it makes me uncomfortable and, even though it won't be uncut, I'll buy it.
I'm not a fan of the animal violence either. But as a collector, i'll always buy the uncut version if there's one available. So i'll be buying the Raro version, unless by some miracle 88 Films manage to get this through unscathed at the BBFC, which i very much doubt.
Old 7th February 2015, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

In 2003 the BBFC gave Man from Deep River an 18 with these cuts...

"Cuts required to remove sight of real animal cruelty (in this case setting a mongoose on a snake; locking a monkey into a vice and slicing off the top of its head; a cock fight; cutting a snake and bleeding it alive; and stabbing a crocodile in its neck with a small knife) in accordance with the terms of the Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937 and BBFC Policy."

that lot was about 3-4 minutes worth of nastiness, so I'm worried 88 may have to put out an 85 min disc up against an 89 min disc that's only a mouse click away, but kudos to them for trying anyway.
Gold6082 and keirarts like this.
Old 7th February 2015, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
In 2003 the BBFC gave Man from Deep River an 18 with these cuts...

"Cuts required to remove sight of real animal cruelty (in this case setting a mongoose on a snake; locking a monkey into a vice and slicing off the top of its head; a cock fight; cutting a snake and bleeding it alive; and stabbing a crocodile in its neck with a small knife) in accordance with the terms of the Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937 and BBFC Policy."

that lot was about 3-4 minutes worth of nastiness, so I'm worried 88 may have to put out an 85 min disc up against an 89 min disc that's only a mouse click away, but kudos to them for trying anyway.
4 minutes huh? I'm repeating myself but they should leave these title alone. And the lame excuse "we'll add good extras to this release" won't save this release either, at least in my book. First they released the ****ed up Tourist Trap, then the cut Toxie 3, now 4 mins cut Deep River Savages. Enough is enough, really.
Old 7th February 2015, 05:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That was over 10 years ago, look at how much was cut from CH when Vipco released it on DVD, compared to how little was cut from Shameless's release.
I'm not saying the BBFC will be as lenient with this, but until we know, it's pointless panning this release until they submit it, for all we know they may only trim it by a few seconds
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th February 2015, 06:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That was over 10 years ago, look at how much was cut from CH when Vipco released it on DVD, compared to how little was cut from Shameless's release.
I'm not saying the BBFC will be as lenient with this, but until we know, it's pointless panning this release until they submit it, for all we know they may only trim it by a few seconds
A few seconds or a few minutes. A cut is still a cut.
Antropophagus likes this.
Old 7th February 2015, 06:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
A few seconds or a few minutes. A cut is still a cut.

Completely agree, I'm not in the habit of buying cut films myself, I'm merely pointing out that we're assuming this film is gonna be butchered by the BBFC before any details have been released
PaulD and keirarts like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th February 2015, 07:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm interested in Scalps which is coming son on blu. Basically wondering if the print will actually be hi-def quality?

After reading about Fred Olen-Ray's pieced together print for the 20th anniversary edition, has a brand new source become available or is it coming from the same 16mm print with video transfer of once cut scenes edited in?
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 7th February 2015, 07:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm interested in Scalps which is coming son on blu. Basically wondering if the print will actually be hi-def quality?

After reading about Fred Olen-Ray's pieced together print for the 20th anniversary edition, has a brand new source become available or is it coming from the same 16mm print with video transfer of once cut scenes edited in?
Quote:
New 35mm wide screen transfer from the original negatives.
(Blu-ray Releases | fred ray)
Old 7th February 2015, 07:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Cheers Zane.
Old 8th February 2015, 07:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
4 minutes huh? I'm repeating myself but they should leave these title alone. And the lame excuse "we'll add good extras to this release" won't save this release either, at least in my book. First they released the ****ed up Tourist Trap, then the cut Toxie 3, now 4 mins cut Deep River Savages. Enough is enough, really.
In fairness 88 films didn't f*** up tourist trap or Toxie 3. In the case of tourist trap it was all Charlie Band's doing, insisting that the transfer was from a negative when it wasn't. In the case of Toxie, well Troma re-mastered the R-rated print. Not the first time Troma have done this either as the same thing happened with Toxie 2 on DVD. In Both cases it's what 88 films were given. I refer you to Stephens post earlier about it being a 2 man operation.
Hell I bought toxie 3 simply as my OCD would not let me own 1,2, and 4

Deep River is a different kettle of fish. If the BBFC were not trying to protect dead animals from the 1970's then they would be able to release it uncut. As it is, rather than being sold a dodgy print they seem to be playing a gamble with the BBFC, risky perhaps.
Antropophagus likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!