Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
The guy has no idea how to use a comma
That's the least of his problems!
keirarts and sjconstable like this.
Old 8th August 2015, 08:20 AM
Cultist

My copy of Antho arrived a couple weeks ago, and am now waiting for my order of American Ninja and Zombie Holocaust to arrive.

As far as I'm concerned, that 42nd street documentary on Anthro was worth the price alone!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
Old 8th August 2015, 12:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just got my copy of "A Blade in the Dark". Haven't watched the disc yet, but I'm instantly quite disappointed by the "Collectible poster artcard" that they mention in the back of the case. It is just a thin flimsy piece of paper that was already bent to hell. What happened to the sturdy cardboard ones??

Don't get all cheap on us 88 Films...
keirarts likes this.

YouTube | Letterboxd | Facebook
Old 8th August 2015, 01:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
Just got my copy of "A Blade in the Dark". Haven't watched the disc yet, but I'm instantly quite disappointed by the "Collectible poster artcard" that they mention in the back of the case. It is just a thin flimsy piece of paper that was already bent to hell. What happened to the sturdy cardboard ones??

Don't get all cheap on us 88 Films...
I don't think 88 have ever had the sturdy ones. The one I got with Zombi Holocaust was photo paper, quite disgraceful really.

Calum was very unhappy about Arrow licensing a few slashers and encroaching on 88's market, but the white framed Italian releases are quite similar to old Arrow, and these art cards are just a blatant rip off right down to the grid of other releases on the back

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 8th August 2015, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I don't think 88 have ever had the sturdy ones. The one I got with Zombi Holocaust was photo paper, quite disgraceful really.

Calum was very unhappy about Arrow licensing a few slashers and encroaching on 88's market, but the white framed Italian releases are quite similar to old Arrow, and these art cards are just a blatant rip off right down to the grid of other releases on the back
My ZH came with a stiff card(bought from HMV shop) Might be it varies depending on stock. (but if I'm honest... would have preferred the cover as the card)
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th August 2015, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
My ZH came with a stiff card(bought from HMV shop) Might be it varies depending on stock. (but if I'm honest... would have preferred the cover as the card)

Mine too, also from HMV
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2015, 05:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post

It would help if you got your facts straight.

88 approached Jack Hill some months ago asking about the chance to sign The Swinging Cheerleaders (a personal fave of mine). We backed off when Jack Hill explained that, despite their offer being better, he was already speaking to Arrow. We rightly told him in that case it was not our place to get involved. Arrow did the exact opposite with Madman (a film they told me in 2012 was worthless to them and which they had months to sign after the Vinegar Syndrome announcement but only showed interest when 88 was at contract stage) and The Mutilator.

But even in these cases I really do not care. Fact is that Arrpw pays high wages to an office full of folks whose ideas clearly involve trolling what I was doing for 88. The fallout with Arrow came over the way Naomi and I were treated by the label manager and Alex Agran the head of the company. I helped to build Arrow Video and my, and Naomi's, eventual thanks was to be told we were effectively worthless to them. And this was after years of being made to feel "lowbrow" as Arrow tried desperately to shed their splatter movie roots. There was, and I have said this before, reasons of class and elitism that I perceive to be a part of this. Regardless, I could care less what they sign (doubtlessly including backtracking through old emails to find my tip offs on Hellraiser from Lakeshore and Ulli Lommel's Tenderness of Wolves) - I just draw a line at derogatory treatment of the people who helped get you to where you are.
keirarts likes this.
Old 8th August 2015, 10:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
But even in these cases I really do not care.
Your incessant ranting about Arrow suggests otherwise, your High Rising FB page seems practically dedicated to it.
Old 8th August 2015, 11:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

I didn't mean to start shit here, all I meant was to say that Arrow went and pinched some of 88's ideas and attempted contracts or whatever they were (I was trying to summarize the situation in the original post as I've heard the details numerous times), and then 88 go and do a similar sleeve to early Arrow and an identical post card series.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th August 2015, 02:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Your incessant ranting about Arrow suggests otherwise, your High Rising FB page seems practically dedicated to it.
And they continue to use our work.

Either way the answer here is simple: don't follow us on Facebook. Cheers.

Like this? Share it using the links below!