LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2015, 08:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
I hate to break up the party atmosphere,but has anyone seen X-Ray before, just wondered if it was worth a punt as it coming out soon.

Attachment 164063
You like slashers?

You like Playboy playmates in various states of undress?

Buy it!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st May 2015, 08:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Here you go IA......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st May 2015, 08:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
You like slashers?

You like Playboy playmates in various states of undress?

Buy it!
YES and Yes and to quote a wise man SOLD.Thank you

Old 21st May 2015, 08:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Old 21st May 2015, 08:48 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
So I've been trying to get some more info on Anthropophagus release, to see if I'm keeping my order or go ahead and cancel it. I've emailed them 4 times already, sent PMs on facebook, not a single reply. This is not serious, really. Could anyone give me a phone number of their office if there's one of course.
Doubt they have a office number that is manned as it is just a 2 man set up. Would suggest you give it until Monday afternoon for a answer to emails. They do reply eventually.
Old 21st May 2015, 10:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So what is the general consensus on the screen grabs for Zombi Holocaust and Anthro? Anthro looks slightly better in the SD picture to me, Holocaust I'm torn. Both look rather magentary to me which could of course be a result of the conditions the picture was taken in.
Old 21st May 2015, 11:42 PM
Cult Addict

Ive not seen either film before so have no idea how good or bad previous transfers may have looked. I'm looking at the screengrabs 88 have put up on facebook and in the case of Anthro i can't really tell which is the new transfer.
I must admit i don't find screengrabs very indicative of the end product myself.
Old 21st May 2015, 11:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
So what is the general consensus on the screen grabs for Zombi Holocaust and Anthro? Anthro looks slightly better in the SD picture to me, Holocaust I'm torn. Both look rather magentary to me which could of course be a result of the conditions the picture was taken in.
Their screen grabs on Facebook aren't great because they're not full resolution.

However, Zombi Holocaust appears far more organic than the US disc, with actual grain and better colours. Anthro, despite having better framing and colours than the DVDs, appears to be a shit LVR grainless job.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 22nd May 2015, 05:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Their screen grabs on Facebook aren't great because they're not full resolution.

However, Zombi Holocaust appears far more organic than the US disc, with actual grain and better colours. Anthro, despite having better framing and colours than the DVDs, appears to be a shit LVR grainless job.
Yes, Anthropophagus looks like shit. When they said it was being transferred in Italy I knew it would end up looking like shit. They'd better not release it. The sad thing is there's a high possibility that the majority of their Italian line will look like shit. I don't think they'll transfer say Zombi 3 in 2k like Arrow did with Nightmare City.
Zombi Holocaust looks nice. Unlike Anthropophagus it has a fine layer of grain which is always a good thing.
Old 22nd May 2015, 06:52 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Yes, Anthropophagus looks like shit. When they said it was being transferred in Italy I knew it would end up looking like shit. They'd better not release it. The sad thing is there's a high possibility that the majority of their Italian line will look like shit. I don't think they'll transfer say Zombi 3 in 2k like Arrow did with Nightmare City.

Zombi Holocaust looks nice. Unlike Anthropophagus it has a fine layer of grain which is always a good thing.

"They'd better not release it"

And what are you going to do if they do release it?

"I knew it would end up looking like shit"

If you've ordered it, just cancel it. Simple.

Yeah I suppose they could scrap the release and try another campaign to restore it, but honestly, I don't think a film like Antropophagous warrants it. The blu-ray will still be a lot better than the dvd, imo. As I said, we're talking about compressed images on the internet. Will the blu-ray look the best it can, probably not. But saying it's shit, is (and no offence) silly. I'm actually beginning to think blu-ray was one of the worst ideas ever. People are like spoiled brats now. Expecting perfection and throwing their dummies out of their prams when they don't get it.

Me? I'm getting this and watching it for what it is. A crappy Italian movie with crappy special effects.

Like this? Share it using the links below!