Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2018, 02:35 PM
Cult Master

"On 13th August you can also snap up a new 88 Asia classic!

Meng Hua Ho, the man behind FLYING GUILLOTINE, returned to his hit property with this essential action movie epic in which a beautiful, two-month pregnant female avenger goes into battle against a Qing-era Monarch and his team of deadly decapitators! With many a lost limb, and head, not to mention blood spillage galore, along with a torrid and tightly-woven story of a woman ready to cut and cripple all who stand in her way, 1978's THE VENGEFUL BEAUTY might just be the finest chopsocky classic ever unleashed! Packed with wire-fu and swordplay carnage, THE VENGEFUL BEAUTY undoubtedly inspired the later blockbuster CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON (2000) and, as such, should be seen by any and all martial arts enthusiasts!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 27th April 2018, 02:37 PM
Cult Master

" 27th August brings you more Lenzi!!

Released in 1975, EYEBALL might just be the late, great Umberto Lenzi's greatest giallo! Gruesome and gruelling, this torrid tale of a black gloved killer with a fetish for plucking out the peepers of his unlucky victims is a personal favourite of PULP FICTION genius Quentin Tarantino and it is easy to see why. Boasting plenty of bloodshed and some beautiful Catalonian locations, EYEBALL is a murder-mystery that stands up to the best of Mario Bava and Dario Argento and, with its messy arterial mayhem, even anticipates the later excess of such American slasher staples as FRIDAY THE 13TH! Dare you open your eyes to EYEBALL? This essential Italian terror totem is finally available in horrifying HD thanks to the body-count Kings at 88 Films!

This is ONLY available on Amazon for DVD pre-order at the moment but expect a MEGA future announcement on the BluRay release which will be very very special indeed. And this release will also include the new High Rising feature length documentary ALL EYES ON LENZI - a look back at the life and career of the late great genius featuring Lenzi himself and contributions from critics John Martin and Rachael Nisbet, filmmaker Scooter McCrae and more!"

Old 27th April 2018, 02:40 PM
Cult Master

"Final one... another treat for August... (release date August 27th!) with an INTERNATIONAL BLURAY PREMIERE!

Troma Entertainment, the company behind such classics as THE TOXIC AVENGER, really outdid themselves with the 1987 cult classic SURF NAZIS MUST DIE. Set in a futuristic California hell-hole, in which an apocalypic natural disaster has left the iconic Baywatch-perfect beaches of Malibu and Venice as gang-lands, various parties battle one another in an attempt to control the sand and sea of this former West Coast paradise. This is sex, surf and splatter in a sordid sci-fi setting and thirty years after it first gained the attention of video shop loyalists and marginal movie followers, SURF NAZIS MUST DIE is back to brutalise a new generation of fright-fans!"

Old 27th April 2018, 02:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

An exciting and varied line-up – I am going to be out of pocket when all these are available to preorder!
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

good releases from 88 too, especially Eyeball. please, please, please get the transfer/colour correction right on the blu
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 02:56 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
good releases from 88 too, especially Eyeball. please, please, please get the transfer/colour correction right on the blu
It'll be green
keirarts and Rob4 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th April 2018, 03:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
My thoughts as well.
And they can do it when they make the effort, the Anthropophageous, remaster looked great.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 03:19 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

Someone asked on Facebook if Hackers will have any extras. Their response was....”plenty”.

There are special edition blu-ray’s available, so i hope by plenty they don’t mean a booklet and slipcase. Although, I already have the Shout release.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th April 2018, 03:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

[QUOTE=Susan Foreman;573915]"Booklet by 88 Vault curator Dr Calum Waddell"

Guess I know who wrote 88’s post then
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 28th April 2018, 12:01 AM
Active Cultist

as much as I hate surf Nazis and especially hackers (fuding Johnny Lee Miller and why has this film got a cult following? why!) I have to say this is a pretty good line-up over those 2 months, there's something for everyone here.
oh and add me to list of wanting special features on releases. I'm more likely to buy something full price if they have more than the movie, except hackers, not buying that ever again.

stupid hackers 🖖

Like this? Share it using the links below!