Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Grizzly' Review | Marc Fusion

Nudity: 0/10
Blood: 5/10
Dialogue: 5/10
Overall Insanity: 6/10

"No nakedness. There’s a tease during one scene, but bra and panties is the closest we get to sleaze here. But the movie delivers where it counts, which is outlandish bear attacks and demolished victims. This beast doesn’t mess around, slashing and chomping all that gets within his reach, with splashy results. This includes limbs torn off, faces slashed open, and heads bitten, with more blood than you’d expect from a PG movie, even by 70s standards. A mother tries to fist fight the bear, but he rips the leg off her child and in another scene, the bear punches the head clean off of a horse. This is wild stuff and Grizzly doesn’t disappoint when it comes to bear related violence, with good blood and outrageous moments. The dialogue here has some fun exchanges, especially between George and Dorsey, who feed off each other well and escalate nearly conversation into a full blown confrontation. The performances across the board are dialed up enough to make most of the lines seem overly dramatic, but overall those two have the best scenes and banter. As far as craziness, we have the campy performances, b movie vibes, and out of control bear attacks, so there’s some solid wackiness at work."
this is on prime video from that write up i think i will have too give it a watch as it sounds a lot of fun!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grizzly-Chr...70_&dpSrc=srch
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
this is on prime video from that write up i think i will have too give it a watch as it sounds a lot of fun!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grizzly-Chr...70_&dpSrc=srch
It's an absolute blast, one of those films which used the formula which made Jaws so successful and created something very entertaining and engaging with a low budget. I think if you watch it without trying to take it too seriously and, with something like Intruder, laugh at the slightly dodgy dialogue, offkilter humour and scenarios, you'll enjoy it more than if you treat it as a deadly serious horror film. I don't think it's as much fun as Jaws, if only because it doesn't have the memorable interactions between central characters, but that's what makes Spielberg's film such a classic.
Old 2nd May 2018, 06:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ello, what's all this then ?

31582321_2107036062646325_4430424345403195392_n.jpg From-Beyond-the-Grave-movie-poster.jpg
Old 2nd May 2018, 09:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Ello, what's all this then ?

Attachment 204130 Attachment 204131

Well they did reuse the same artwork for the US Frightmare poster, plus, I don’t think any home release of From Beyond The Grave has used that art, so it’s all good.

IMG_0170.jpg
Demoncrat, keirarts and Dave Boy like this.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Am hoping for a fresh scan on Two Evil Eyes. I think Scorpion are re-releasing it in the States and I'm hoping that 88 have access to that newer master. I currently own the BU bd and while it's decent, there's definite room for improvement.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"Final September announcement... September 10th brings an old comic book favourite back to British shelves!

Long before superhero movies were packing out multiplex cinemas, Freddy Krueger creator Wes Craven followed-up the success of Richard Donner's SUPERMAN (1978) with this fondly remembered DC adaptation that brings a comic book favourite to livid and lunatic life! Following the success of THE HILLS HAVE EYES (1977), SWAMP THING was also evidence of its director trying to adapt his style to less rough 'n' ready thrills and spills - and the result is an adventure thriller that highlights not just a mutant-monster with good intentions, but such sights as the timeless terror-star Adrienne Barbeau (THE FOG), future Twin Peaks star Ray Wise and David Hess (THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT) in one of his best-remembered villainous turns. Released in 1982 to an appreciative cult following, SWAMP THING remains one of Craven's most mesmerising achievements - with a faithful DC-comic outlay and plenty of action-packed special effects that hold their ground even today. 88 Films is delighted to present SWAMP THING in a very special edition BluRay release that packs a pristine punch and highlights this creature feature classic in all of its bayou-tinged brilliance!

Specs include:

Vintage audio commentary with director Wes Craven
New audio commentary with critic and fan Ian Jane
New epic interview with production designer Robb Wilson King
More tbc
Booklet by Dr Calum Waddell"

I'll get this if it's the 'International version' & not the 'PG' release available on Blu in the states.
Old 3rd May 2018, 05:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Am hoping for a fresh scan on Two Evil Eyes. I think Scorpion are re-releasing it in the States and I'm hoping that 88 have access to that newer master. I currently own the BU bd and while it's decent, there's definite room for improvement.
I'm 99.9% certain it will be the new scan that both Scorpion and 88 are utilising.
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I'll get this if it's the 'International version' & not the 'PG' release available on Blu in the states.
Yeah, our U.S. cousins are missing two lovely features if I remember correctly...
Old 3rd May 2018, 07:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

88 confirmed today that Swamp Thing will be the uncut version.
Old 3rd May 2018, 08:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Whoohoo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barbeau-swampthing-tuna-n-101.jpg (50.3 KB, 16 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 4th May 2018 at 08:10 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!