Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2023, 09:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've noticed that some Network titles on Amazon are going 'Temporarily out of stock'. Not sure how 'temporary' this is going to be given the situation, but most titles are still available at HMV, at least as far as I can tell...
Old 5th June 2023, 04:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Thinking about this I guess the biggest question will be where the Rank and the Hammer libraries end up.

Does anyone know what happens in these situations? I mean for contracts - not stock. Do the licenses revert back to the rights owners or are they sold on by the Receiver to the highest bidder? I expect the former but I'm nor sure...
Old 5th June 2023, 05:10 PM
Cult Addict

I'm still puzzled there's been nothing official.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 5th June 2023, 05:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

This is both sad and bad news. What a bloody shame.
Old 5th June 2023, 05:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Thinking about this I guess the biggest question will be where the Rank and the Hammer libraries end up.

Does anyone know what happens in these situations? I mean for contracts - not stock. Do the licenses revert back to the rights owners or are they sold on by the Receiver to the highest bidder? I expect the former but I'm nor sure...
It wouldn't surprise me if a new Network turned up at some point.

Another forum showed their last accounts and they were fairly healthy so it's puzzling why this has happened. Could it be to do with the death of the founder last year and somethings gone on with the estate?
Rob4 likes this.
Old 5th June 2023, 05:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Another forum showed their last accounts and they were fairly healthy so it's puzzling why this has happened. Could it be to do with the death of the founder last year and somethings gone on with the estate?
See I'm wondering if this is actually something to do with their deal with Hammer. Is it that they're somehow merging or being integrated into Hammer Films. It seems odd there was a lot of hype surrounding that deal and talk of future plans, even at the time of the company founders passing. Then this.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 5th June 2023, 06:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I forgot to post these large box Network releases that were dotted around my horror and Noir collections. So these are my final Network discs.

Robin Hardy's The Fantasist and Waris Hussein's The Possession of Joel Delaney are as rare as hens teeth.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0886 (Large).jpg (94.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 5th June 2023, 07:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

On another forum someone said that if they were in Administration they could be sold on as a going concern but once they are in Receivership it's about selling off the assets to pay the creditors. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is it sounds terminal, which is a pity. I think it probably does have something to do with the death of the owner.
Old 5th June 2023, 09:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
On another forum someone said that if they were in Administration they could be sold on as a going concern but once they are in Receivership it's about selling off the assets to pay the creditors. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is it sounds terminal, which is a pity. I think it probably does have something to do with the death of the owner.
It all depends on the cash flow. If the directors of network can get enough of it to start afresh then there's a possibility.

I think you may be confusing receivership with liquidation, Rob.

Receivership, the owner of a company maintains a limited role in the debt restructuring process. Liquidation completely eliminates the roles of the owner and directors and operates without their input.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 5th June 2023, 10:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
It all depends on the cash flow. If the directors of network can get enough of it to start afresh then there's a possibility.

I think you may be confusing receivership with liquidation, Rob.

Receivership, the owner of a company maintains a limited role in the debt restructuring process. Liquidation completely eliminates the roles of the owner and directors and operates without their input.
Yes you're right, I was confusing it. A slim hope then. Fingers crossed!

Like this? Share it using the links below!