All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2023, 07:40 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Whatever happened to Indicator's release of Dracula with Frank Langella? Was it cancelled?
Old 3rd September 2023, 07:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Whatever happened to Indicator's release of Dracula with Frank Langella? Was it cancelled?
Currently in limbo for reasons completely beyond Powerhouse's control, I'm afraid.
Old 3rd September 2023, 08:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Currently in limbo for reasons completely beyond Powerhouse's control, I'm afraid.

That's a shame. Hopefully it gets sorted at some point.
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Michael. A quick question if i may.

Are Anti-Worlds Films an off shoot or relation of Powerhouse at all?

Their reverse covers are near identical as are their menu screens on the disc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1135 (Large).jpg (94.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Right at the very start, the Powerhouse team (including me) worked on the Anti-Worlds discs on a freelance basis, and basically used the same templates. But they’ve been completely independent ever since, and Powerhouse hasn’t had anything to do with them for years.

(Although I make a point of buying the discs to support them - but the mere fact that I don’t get freebies should be revealing enough in itself!)
will graham likes this.
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Right at the very start, the Powerhouse team (including me) worked on the Anti-Worlds discs on a freelance basis, and basically used the same templates. But they’ve been completely independent ever since, and Powerhouse hasn’t had anything to do with them for years.

(Although I make a point of buying the discs to support them - but the mere fact that I don’t get freebies should be revealing enough in itself!)
Thank you. I've just seen in the booklet for the recently released Murder Me, Monster a name check for Deborah at Limewood Media

They certainly use the same template even the small coloured panel at the bottom of the spine is replicated.
Old 4th September 2023, 06:53 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Limewood handles their physical distribution, much as they also do for Second Sight, which has never had any connection with Powerhouse beyond that. Although Limewood itself is intimately linked to Powerhouse because Deborah is Powerhouse co-founder John Morrissey’s wife.
Old 5th September 2023, 07:22 PM
Cultist

Hey all, are we expecting a new Hammer box set from indicator anytime soon? I love those sets, but vols 5 and 6 are hanging around. Maybe they didn't sell and they've canned the range. Maybe Second Sight have muscled in? Its a shame as I though Vol 6 was fantastic.

I still think there's scope for a Lost Continent/Paranoiac/Dracula Has Risen From The Grave/ X the Unknown set! Come on Indicator.
Old 5th September 2023, 07:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Hey all, are we expecting a new Hammer box set from indicator anytime soon? I love those sets, but vols 5 and 6 are hanging around. Maybe they didn't sell and they've canned the range. Maybe Second Sight have muscled in? Its a shame as I though Vol 6 was fantastic.

I still think there's scope for a Lost Continent/Paranoiac/Dracula Has Risen From The Grave/ X the Unknown set! Come on Indicator.
The Hammer boxes have sold very well indeed - in fact, I think Volume 6 has just gone OOP, bang on schedule (only Vol 5 has been a slow seller, and that's not too surprising given that Visa to Canton was included more for its extreme rarity than for its artistic merits) - and we'd love to do more, as they're huge fun to work on.

But rights and materials are proving a pretty insuperable challenge, forcing us to indefinitely shelve plans for a turn-of-the-Sixties Hammer comedy set (which most likely would have been Volume 7), and there's simply not enough out there available for licensing to put a viable alternative together.

But it's not as if we're twiddling our thumbs not producing other similar stuff - in particular, it's pretty much inconceivable that Hammer fans won't adore Mexico Macabre, which was put together in exactly the same spirit.
Old 5th September 2023, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran

I think a few of us would vouch for the Mexico Macabre set, it's certainly a lot of fun and the package itself is pretty good looking with the original artwork on each of the separate digipaks. Great set!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!