Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2017, 01:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I only just ordered The Chase on dvd yesterday, following on from my re-watching of The Wild One.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Which chaser's in it? The beast?
nosferatu42 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hopefully Blind Terror has alternate art ala 10 Rillington Place.......Mr Brooke,care to shed some light ?

I'll hold on to le French bd just now.....

I'll be buying all those as usual though!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th July 2017, 08:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

along with the current announcements PH posted this pic of Peter Cushing in his Gorgon guise with a 'Coming in October' message.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PeterCushing.jpg (92.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 14th July 2017, 01:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

PH is truly the gift that keeps on giving . here's a face book exchange i had with them:

ME: any chance you guys doing some William Castle once you finish up with the Hammer titles?

PH: Yes we have several William Castle movies which we will be releasing early next year.

Old 14th July 2017, 01:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

They've licensed roughly a hundred titles from Columbia's back catalogue, and have released/officially announced just over a third. You've probably got a pretty good idea of the label's tastes by now, and fortunately people seem happy to go along with it.

August has been the most adventurous month thus far, but in many ways also the most stimulating to work on - not least because there generally weren't any existing Sony extras to fall back on, so Powerhouse had to create their own or go trawling for archival interviews themselves.

What do people think of the John Player/Guardian audio interviews, incidentally? I'm well aware that many of them barely mention the main feature and sometimes they ignore it altogether, but something like the Burt Lancaster interview on Castle Keep (a particularly good one, I thought) had so many other riches that it seemed well worth including. Even after cutting out the copyrighted clips from his films it ran something like 100 minutes.
Old 14th July 2017, 02:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post

What do people think of the John Player/Guardian audio interviews, incidentally? I'm well aware that many of them barely mention the main feature and sometimes they ignore it altogether, but something like the Burt Lancaster interview on Castle Keep (a particularly good one, I thought) had so many other riches that it seemed well worth including. Even after cutting out the copyrighted clips from his films it ran something like 100 minutes.
i think career spanning interviews with major players are always welcome.
will graham likes this.
Old 14th July 2017, 03:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yes, I think the key factor is that they need to be wide-ranging. For instance, I'm editing a Sidney Lumet interview now which thus far has said absolutely nothing about The Deadly Affair (and I'm not really expecting it to, to be honest), but there's lots about his working methods in general.
will graham and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 16th July 2017, 08:58 AM
Cult Acolyte

PH have confirmed THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME TWO will contain 3 movies. given that they missed out Earth vs the Flying Saucers could the set include Jason despite the HMV exclusive? does seem to make a mockery of the word 'exclusive' but i'm struggling to think what it could be, given the rest of the Harryhausen's are with Warners!
Old 16th July 2017, 09:07 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
PH have confirmed THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME TWO will contain 3 movies. given that they missed out Earth vs the Flying Saucers the next set could the set include Jason despite the HMV exclusive? does seem to make a mockery of the word 'exclusive' but i'm struggling to think what it could be, given the rest of the Harryhausen's are with Warners!

I don't think it'll include Jason, unless they discontinue the HMV version. It would've made more sense to have EvtFS in the first set and call it 1955-1957, but I wouldn't be surprised if they call the 2nd set 1957-1964 and include it in that.

Like this? Share it using the links below!