All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2009, 06:46 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

At last some artwork.I quite like it....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51yLSib5c+L._SS500_.jpg (47.5 KB, 12 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th October 2009, 10:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

All we need to know now is what is on the new Xtro disc in terms of extras and whether the film itself includes those scenes of dialogue missing from the R1 Image disc.I like that new artwork too!
Old 10th October 2009, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
At last some artwork.I quite like it....
Not too bad is it?

Probably better than Image's U.S. DVD cover imo.
Old 18th October 2009, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I saw Optimum's Xtro DVD in HMV yesterday and according to the sleeve there's only a trailer as an extra so it looks like the U.K. Film 2000 and Image U.S. editions may be worth holding on to at least for bonus material.
Old 18th October 2009, 10:31 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The clown in HMV where I was on holiday's reply when asked if they had it was...'I'll check the cumputur man.Naw we've no goat it.It's sixteen quid.I widnae pay 16 quid fur that.It widnae sell,that's how we've no goat it.'

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK I'M ASKING FOR IT FOR YOU IMBOCEILE

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th October 2009, 10:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

You just can't get the staff these days can you?

Well you never know perhaps Film 2000's DVD may pop up in Poundland sooner or later! It would be a nice little buy over Optimum's seemingly disappointing release.
Old 18th October 2009, 11:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

If Optimum use the same print of Xtro as the Image/Film 2000 DVD's with the missing scenes of dialogue, then I'd suggest buying the Image disc with the extras & Xtro II, as it's dirt cheap online.Well, it was when I bought it!
Old 19th October 2009, 09:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

If i'm right then the only difference between Image's DVD and the Film 2000 variant would be the inclusion of the sequel in the former release.
Basic transfer and extras for Xtro itself remain the same with both editions and as i'm not interested in seeing Xtro 2 then i'm content enough to stick with the U.K. DVD. Besides, i already own the U.S. version anyway minus the sequel!
Old 19th October 2009, 09:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
The clown in HMV where I was on holiday's reply when asked if they had it was...'I'll check the cumputur man.Naw we've no goat it.It's sixteen quid.I widnae pay 16 quid fur that.It widnae sell,that's how we've no goat it.'

WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK I'M ASKING FOR IT FOR YOU IMBOCEILE
Just to go off topic for a mo, the above reminds me of a conversation i had with an HMV employee a few years back and i just had to mention it.
Can't recall the exact dialogue but it went something like the following:

ME: "Hello, there's a DVD i'm interested in buying and i wonder if you have it for sale. It's called Adios Sabata."

HMV: (aggressively) "Are you the guy who rang up before and had a go at one of my staff when he was told the DVD wasn't in stock?"

ME: (surprised) "No.This is the first time i've called about the film!"

HMV: (sceptical) "Are you sure?"

ME: "Yes!"

HMV: "Ah, that's okay. It's just that we had a guy called earlier on asking for the same film and he kicked off when he heard the title wasn't available. The girl who took the call is in tears out the back."

ME: "I can assure you it certainly wasn't me. I used to work in shops when i was younger and know what it's like to have customers have a go at you so i don't do it to other people."

The guy informed me the obvious regarding the DVD and that was that. But i was quite taken aback at the initial response upon mention of the relevant movie i can tell you!

Last edited by Splatterdragon73; 22nd October 2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As you said above.You just can't get the staff......

Like this? Share it using the links below!