Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26035Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2018, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The picture wasn't showing because the bandwidth on that server's been exceeded. I haven't seen Lords of Chaos, but I have read very good things about it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th October 2018, 05:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The picture wasn't showing because the bandwidth on that server's been exceeded. I haven't seen Lords of Chaos, but I have read very good things about it.
You probably won't see it till next year as it's only going to the London film Festival next week and ain't due a release till 2019.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 11th October 2018, 05:55 PM
Cult Veteran

Arrow Films has acquired U.K. rights to the black metal movie “Lords of Chaos” ahead of its British premiere at the London Film Festival next week. Gunpowder & Sky did the U.K. deal and has also now set a first-quarter 2019 U.S. release for the picture, which launched to acclaim at the Sundance Festival this year.

Jonas Åkerlund’s movie is centered on Norway’s brutal black metal scene in the 1990s and the band Mayhem. A sequence of events leads to church burnings, suicide and murder. Swedish film and music-video director Åkerlund helmed the film and wrote the screenplay. It is based on the book of the same name by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Søderlind.

The movie stars Rory Culkin, Emory Cohen, Jack Kilmer and Sky Ferreira, alongside Valter Skarsgård and Jon Øigarden. The film went down well at Sundance: “Hail Åkerlund!,” Variety said in its review. “The Swedish director has made a pitch-perfect black metal dramedy about real-life head-bangers who lost their minds.”

“We were knocked out by this raw and powerful film which we cannot wait to bring to audiences in the U.K.,” said Arrow’s director of content and distribution Francesco Simeoni. “With its deft handling of the true events and the fabrications required to adapt a work into another medium Jonas Åkerlund has created something that will please both fans and newbies and we look forward to converting the masses to Norwegian Black Metal.”

“Lords of Chaos” is the latest music-related release from Gunpowder & Sky, which recently acquired punk rock picture “Her Smell,” and also has Nick Offerman starrer “Hearts Beat Loud.” Speaking about the U.K. deal, David Betesh, global sales manager, said: “We couldn’t be happier that, in the U.K. market, ‘Lords of Chaos’ is going to be championed by the great team at Arrow.”

The film was produced by Twentieth Century Fox, Vice Films, Scott Free Productions, and Eleven Arts Production.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/a...ve-1202976818/

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th October 2018, 06:01 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (October 12th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PST / 10.00am EST for our January title reveals!"

Unlikely suggestions so far include 'It's Alive', 'Adventures In Babysitting', 'The Omen' and 'Rosemary's Baby'. Much more believable suggestions are 'A Cry In The Dark' and 'My Left Foot'
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th October 2018, 06:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Footloose?

keirarts likes this.
Old 11th October 2018, 06:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'd be surprised if Lords of Chaos is as good as the book. However it is Jonas Akerlund so you never know.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'd be surprised if Lords of Chaos is as good as the book. However it is Jonas Akerlund so you never know.
I think it's going to take some liberties with the story. Plus no-one involved would allow Akerlund to use their likeness or names so it's going to be interesting at least! I'm curious about how he's handled the soundtrack...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th October 2018, 04:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've heard Lords of Chaos borders on comedy at points, but is still uncomfortably graphic. Been waiting a while to see this, very exciting that, like Climax, films I was excited to see are being acquired by a company I love
Justin101 likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 12th October 2018, 09:21 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I've heard Lords of Chaos borders on comedy at points, but is still uncomfortably graphic. Been waiting a while to see this, very exciting that, like Climax, films I was excited to see are being acquired by a company I love
As a fan of the classic era Norwegian black metal bands I can't think of a more brutally cringeworthy movie, Rory Culkin kickin' about as Samoth or whoever, no thank you.
Old 12th October 2018, 10:48 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
As a fan of the classic era Norwegian black metal bands I can't think of a more brutally cringeworthy movie, Rory Culkin kickin' about as Samoth or whoever, no thank you.
No, it's going to be embarrassing.

Akerlund, former drummer for Bathory, video director for Satyricon, Candlemass, Rammstein, The Prodigy, Metallica and Madonna is bound to have no idea and let the likes of Culkin 'kick about'. Just as he did with Brittany Murphy in the brilliant Spun.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!