Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2013, 04:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Arrow are really pulling some great titles out of the bag. It's safe to say that in recent months I've been interested in almost everything they've released. All except the erotic features, not my cup of tea I'm afraid.

Nightmare City has been confirmed as coming from Arrow on Blu-ray. Yes.

Also, since Arrow seem to be doing deals with Universal and since they got People Under the Stairs, I'm really hoping we'll get that other Craven film, The Serpent and the Rainbow. That's a BIG want for me on Blu.

I'm also hearing rumours that the original Fright Night is set for a Blu release in Europe next year. I hope that this turns out to be true!

It finally feels like good times for genre film collectors again (to me, at least) - anticipating new releases. It takes me back to the early, glorious heyday of DVD when I anticpated new releases heading our way - mostly of films that I never thought I'd ever see. (For the younger members, believe it or not, there was a time when these films were nigh on impossible to see)

Last edited by Daemonia; 6th August 2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 6th August 2013, 05:30 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If it's true that Fright Night will be released next year, it needs to have extras for me to double dip.
Old 6th August 2013, 05:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

More than happy with what Arrow have lined up for release over the next few months - and Nightmare City makes it that much better!
They were pretty much the label that introduced me to horror and helped my obsession grow, and they're still digging up gems I've wanted to see for ages and sticking them on blu-ray.
Old 6th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
Arrow Films just posted happy birthday wishes to Umberto Lenzi and announced to release Nightmare City in 2014 - yeah!
I will definitely hold off on the US release as this could make a pretty nice steelie from Arrow hopefully with the following artwork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NIGHTMARE CITY den.jpg (92.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg NIGHTMARE CITY us.jpg (103.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 6th August 2013, 06:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Come to think of it, it would be nice if Arrow could follow up Nightmare City with a double bill of Zombie Creeping Flesh and Rats Night of Terror
Pete, Rik, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.
Old 6th August 2013, 10:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A nice new transfer of Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror would be most welcome as well.
trebor8273, zane and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
If it's true that Fright Night will be released next year, it needs to have extras for me to double dip.
Yeah, I've no idea if the rumour is even true at this point. But if it is true it's good news for those who, for whatever reason, missed out on the TT release. There's no saying it'll even utilise the same transfer, it may well be inferior if it materialises at all. I'll keep my ear to the ground. I think the likeliest territory for release will be Germany.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
A nice new transfer of Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror would be most welcome as well.
Yeah, the Shriek Show Blu is certainly a bit of an upgrade on their previous DVD release, but you can definitely tell that there's a lot of room for improvement. But the SS disc will do me until such time a better BD surfaces.

I definitely think that confidence in the Blu-ray format is gaining momentum as evidenced by the recent slew of titles from Arrow, Scream, Shout, Second Sight etc. They must be making money or they wouldn't keep releasing more of the same which, to my mind, indicates that the format is gaining ever wider acceptance and that there's a healthy demand for these films.
PaulD likes this.
Old 7th August 2013, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think alot of the Shriek Show Blu's were just upscalled SD masters so they can all be improved, providing HD masters could be made it is possibly the vault elements aren't anything to write home about!
Old 8th August 2013, 12:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think a BD release of Nightmare City proves the theory.

Build it and they will come.

Like this? Share it using the links below!