Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree26033Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16041  
Old 11th December 2020, 12:17 AM
Demoncrat's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: summerisle
Blog Entries: 21
Default

Manhattan??
__________________



"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "
Reply With Quote
  #16042  
Old 11th December 2020, 02:51 AM
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chichester, UK.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Quick question, what is the best version of Scream to get? I put on my uk dvd the other day & the aspect ratio is buggered!
All worldwide Scream blu-rays use exactly the same (tired) master. A blu-ray trilogy set recently got reissued in the UK for less than fifteen pounds so if I were you, I would just order that from Amazon. Scream 3 might be quite poor (imo) but Scream 2 is very good and that is a good price for three bds. btw It might be worth mentioning that Scream 1 is the R rated cut on blu-ray, no-one's put out the uncensored version in high definition.
__________________
PSN user name: suspiria-inferno
Xbox user name: suspiria742952
Reply With Quote
  #16043  
Old 11th December 2020, 04:09 AM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
ARROW ACADEMY

"***A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT IS COMING!***

Join us this tomorrow (Friday December 11th) at 3.00pm GMT / 7.00am PT / 10.00am ET for our March 2021 title reveal!"


Dog Day Afternoon
The French Connection

Not sure if they fit the Academy label.

If it was Arrow video i would of said The Warriors.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16044  
Old 11th December 2020, 11:26 AM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
All worldwide Scream blu-rays use exactly the same (tired) master. A blu-ray trilogy set recently got reissued in the UK for less than fifteen pounds so if I were you, I would just order that from Amazon. Scream 3 might be quite poor (imo) but Scream 2 is very good and that is a good price for three bds. btw It might be worth mentioning that Scream 1 is the R rated cut on blu-ray, no-one's put out the uncensored version in high definition.
Yeah and Ill be picking that up as the ****ing French set,Ive discovered has forced subs.....
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #16045  
Old 11th December 2020, 01:44 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Simeoni's list updated

DASS = The Naked City/Brute Force. This confirms the list includes Academy titles

January
Oldboy UHD
Gamera Boxsets x2 Bluray
[REC] Bluray
JSA Bluray
Southland Tales Bluray
Django Bluray (US only)

February
Demons I & II UHD/Bluray
Beyond Re-Animator Bluray
Shogun's Joy of Torture Bluray
El Duce Tapes Bluray

March
The Naked City/Brute Force
TIM - Japanese Invisible Man films seems very likely
D UHD - Dune UHD
BLOOD - The Bloodhound suggested
D?? - Dagon suggested (has a down arrow on it so might move)

April
DJANGO UHD - self explanatory (probably US only)
MAST - ??
BRUHD - Battle Royale UHD
CLAPBOARD - announced a couple of pages back
OTE - ??

May
WWS - ?? (Wolf of Wall Street has been denied by Arrow)
REBBOXSET - Bill Rebane Boxset suggested
GHOST W - A Ghost Waits
SS - Stendahl Syndrome, Savage Streets, Shogun's Sadism all suggested
DGITH - Don't Go In The House suggested

June
LM BOXSET - ??
VT BOXSET - ??
SS - Stendahl Syndrome, Savage Streets, Shogun's Sadism all suggested
G&T - ??
STYLIST TBC - ??
T UHD - Tenebrae UHD, The Terminator UHD both suggested

July
SB - ??
WHD - ??
LEG - Legend suggested
D BOXSET - ??
B UHD - ??
DIA - ??

August
C BOXSET - Critters boxset suggested
YOL BOXSET - ??
SG - ??
DS - Deadly Spawn suggested
F? - The Frighteners suggested (down arrow on this one so could move)
DIL - ??
MAN - Maniac (seems unlikely)

September
MD? - up arrow on this one so could move forward in schedule
G BOXSET - Grudge boxset suggested
IR - ??
WT UHD - ?? down arrow slo could move
C UHD - Caligula UHD, Candyman UHD suggested - I'd add Carrie UHD
HW? - ??

October
LE UHD - ??
Y BOXSET - Yuzna boxset suggested
D UHD - this could also be Dune UHD
GNO - ??
H X2 UHD - Halloween II and III suggested
BUS AM - ??

November
B BOXSET - ??
POTM - Phantom of the Mall suggested
MOS - ??
F - ?? The Frighteners suggested or one of the F's could be Freddy Got Fingered
F - ?? as above
SONY? - Sony deal??? or waiting for clearance on a Sony title?
BB - ??
NL UHD - ??

December
BIGBOX/EJ? - Early Peter Jackson suggested
?? UHD TBC - obviously not set in stone this one.
Reply With Quote
  #16046  
Old 11th December 2020, 03:00 PM
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chichester, UK.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah and Ill be picking that up as the ****ing French set,Ive discovered has forced subs.....
It's currently just 12.74 pounds on Amazon. No idea how long that price will last for.
__________________
PSN user name: suspiria-inferno
Xbox user name: suspiria742952
Reply With Quote
  #16047  
Old 11th December 2020, 03:11 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Dog Day Afternoon
The French Connection

Not sure if they fit the Academy label.

If it was Arrow video i would of said The Warriors.
Surely that's a road bridge? And you hitch hike on roads...therefore it's gotta be....
Reply With Quote
  #16048  
Old 11th December 2020, 03:34 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol - Orpington
Default

NEW UK TITLE: Tales From the Urban Jungle (Limited Edition Blu-ray)

Release date: March 29

Sourced from new 4K restorations, and complemented by a wealth of bonus features, this Special Edition Blu-Ray set is both the perfect entry point for newcomers to the work of a great director, and a must have for die-hard fans of Film Noir and Jules Dassin.

"A DOUBLE BILL OF FILM NOIR CLASSICS!

Writer, director, producer and actor Jules Dassin was one of Hollywood’s most remarkable talents. Between 1947 and 1955 he directed a string of stylish, gritty, and hard-hitting Film Noir classics including Thieves Highway and Night And The City. Blacklisted in the communist witch hunts of the House Un-American Activities, he would continue that run with Rififi, directed in France. Each film is a diamond hard classic, weathering the test of time with sharp edges intact.

Tales from The Urban Jungle brings together the two films which started that extraordinary streak of hits. In Brute Force, Burt Lancaster is Joe Collins, one of a number of convicts squeezed into cell R17 and intent on breaking out. Desperate to return to his cancer-ridden wife (Ann Blyth), and to escape the clutches of sadistic warden Captain Munsey (an unforgettable performance from Hume Cronyn) who enjoys a reign of terror over the inmates.

Meanwhile, in The Naked City, a blonde ex-model is murdered in her bathtub and detectives Muldoon (Barry Fitzgerald) and Halloran (Don Taylor) are assigned to the case. Their investigation leads them all over New York City, from Park Avenue to the Lower East Side, reaching its thrilling climax atop the Williamsburg Bridge. Inspired by the work of infamous tabloid photographer Weegee, The Naked City was the first major Hollywood production to be shot entirely on the streets of New York, making use of more than a hundred authentic locations. Both films feature stark cinematography and taut writing to land an incredible one-two punch that remains impactful to this day.

Sourced from new 4K restorations, and complemented by a wealth of bonus features, this Special Edition Blu-Ray set is both the perfect entry point for newcomers to the work of a great director, and a must have for die-hard fans of Film Noir and Jules Dassin."


LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of new 4K restorations of both films
  • Original uncompressed mono 1.0 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both films
  • Illustrated booklet featuring writing on the films by Alastair Philips, Barry Salt, Sergio Angelini, Andrew Graves, Richard Brooks and Frank Krutnik
  • Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sister Hyde

DISC ONE – BRUTE FORCE
  • Brand new commentary by historian and critic Josh Nelson
  • Nothing’s Okay, a brand new visual essay by film historians David Cairns & Fiona Watson
  • Josh Olson: Brute Force, a personal appreciation by the Academy Award winning screenwriter of A History of Violence
  • Burt Lancaster: The Film Noir Years, an in-depth look at Burt Lancaster’s early career by Kate Buford, author of Burt Lancaster: An American Life
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Image Gallery

DISC TWO – THE NAKED CITY
  • Naked City Radio, a unique new audio commentary by historian and critic David Cairns featuring actors Steven McNicoll and Francesca Dymond
  • The Pulse of the City, a brand new visual essay by historian and critic Eloise Ross
  • New York and The Naked City, a personalised history of NYC on the big screen by critic Amy Taubin
  • The Hollywood Ten, a 1950 documentary short on the ten filmmakers blacklisted from Hollywood for their refusal to name names before the House Un-American Activities Committee, including The Naked City’s screenwriter Albert Maltz
  • Gallery of production stills by photojournalist Weegee
  • Theatrical Trailer





g053584398 likes this.
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #16049  
Old 12th December 2020, 02:18 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

I've been considering buying the Tremors LE for the last two weeks, only hesitant because my wallet has taken a hammering with recent purchases.

I still hadn't decided when I got a notification from Amazon that my Tremors purchase was on its way - I'd completely forgotten I'd ordered it at release time!!!

I think this might be a sign that my bluray buying is out of control....
Reply With Quote
  #16050  
Old 12th December 2020, 07:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW UK TITLE: Tales From the Urban Jungle (Limited Edition Blu-ray)

Release date: March 29

Sourced from new 4K restorations, and complemented by a wealth of bonus features, this Special Edition Blu-Ray set is both the perfect entry point for newcomers to the work of a great director, and a must have for die-hard fans of Film Noir and Jules Dassin.

"A DOUBLE BILL OF FILM NOIR CLASSICS!

Writer, director, producer and actor Jules Dassin was one of Hollywood’s most remarkable talents. Between 1947 and 1955 he directed a string of stylish, gritty, and hard-hitting Film Noir classics including Thieves Highway and Night And The City. Blacklisted in the communist witch hunts of the House Un-American Activities, he would continue that run with Rififi, directed in France. Each film is a diamond hard classic, weathering the test of time with sharp edges intact.

Tales from The Urban Jungle brings together the two films which started that extraordinary streak of hits. In Brute Force, Burt Lancaster is Joe Collins, one of a number of convicts squeezed into cell R17 and intent on breaking out. Desperate to return to his cancer-ridden wife (Ann Blyth), and to escape the clutches of sadistic warden Captain Munsey (an unforgettable performance from Hume Cronyn) who enjoys a reign of terror over the inmates.

Meanwhile, in The Naked City, a blonde ex-model is murdered in her bathtub and detectives Muldoon (Barry Fitzgerald) and Halloran (Don Taylor) are assigned to the case. Their investigation leads them all over New York City, from Park Avenue to the Lower East Side, reaching its thrilling climax atop the Williamsburg Bridge. Inspired by the work of infamous tabloid photographer Weegee, The Naked City was the first major Hollywood production to be shot entirely on the streets of New York, making use of more than a hundred authentic locations. Both films feature stark cinematography and taut writing to land an incredible one-two punch that remains impactful to this day.

Sourced from new 4K restorations, and complemented by a wealth of bonus features, this Special Edition Blu-Ray set is both the perfect entry point for newcomers to the work of a great director, and a must have for die-hard fans of Film Noir and Jules Dassin."


LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of new 4K restorations of both films
  • Original uncompressed mono 1.0 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both films
  • Illustrated booklet featuring writing on the films by Alastair Philips, Barry Salt, Sergio Angelini, Andrew Graves, Richard Brooks and Frank Krutnik
  • Reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sister Hyde

DISC ONE – BRUTE FORCE
  • Brand new commentary by historian and critic Josh Nelson
  • Nothing’s Okay, a brand new visual essay by film historians David Cairns & Fiona Watson
  • Josh Olson: Brute Force, a personal appreciation by the Academy Award winning screenwriter of A History of Violence
  • Burt Lancaster: The Film Noir Years, an in-depth look at Burt Lancaster’s early career by Kate Buford, author of Burt Lancaster: An American Life
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Image Gallery

DISC TWO – THE NAKED CITY
  • Naked City Radio, a unique new audio commentary by historian and critic David Cairns featuring actors Steven McNicoll and Francesca Dymond
  • The Pulse of the City, a brand new visual essay by historian and critic Eloise Ross
  • New York and The Naked City, a personalised history of NYC on the big screen by critic Amy Taubin
  • The Hollywood Ten, a 1950 documentary short on the ten filmmakers blacklisted from Hollywood for their refusal to name names before the House Un-American Activities Committee, including The Naked City’s screenwriter Albert Maltz
  • Gallery of production stills by photojournalist Weegee
  • Theatrical Trailer





Got the single releases already
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.