Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2023, 11:54 AM
Cult Master

Arrow are teasing 'The Omen', 'Child's Play', 'Altered States' and 'Porky's', although they say:

"Maybe one of these is coming, Maybe its just an #AprilFools...

Only time will tell"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st April 2023, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

They already have Porky’s the others are unlikely. If they do announce Porky’s UHD 4K I’m going to live on a different planet lol…

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st April 2023, 02:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
They already have Porky’s the others are unlikely. If they do announce Porky’s UHD 4K I’m going to live on a different planet lol…
As soon as I saw their post on Instagram this morning Porkies 4K was the first thing that came to my mind.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 1st April 2023, 02:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Arrow are teasing 'The Omen', 'Child's Play', 'Altered States' and 'Porky's', although they say:

"Maybe one of these is coming, Maybe its just an #AprilFools...

Only time will tell"
Interesting teases. Lets see if we can narrow it down:

Altered States I think is a Warner Bros movie and they rarely license to boutiques so if it's this one that could be a major licensing breakthrough

The Omen is with 20th Century Fox owned by Disney and they have been out of the home video market for a while, although I think Dem did post something about hinting that they might be ready to return? Again this would be a major licensing coup

Porky's they've done before so there's a good chance of a UHD upgrade.

Child's Play is with MGM so this is also a good bet.

Of course in the past they have ended up releasing all of their April Fool's hints
Old 1st April 2023, 03:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Of course in the past they have ended up releasing all of their April Fool's hints
Most of them!

We never did get 'Ghost Dad', mentioned back in 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"NEW TITLES ANNOUNCEMENT!

You spoke - we listened! We're very proud to announce that we'll be releasing two much-requested cult classic faves later this year. First up, Bill Cosby is the father who art in Heaven in 'Ghost Dad', whilst one unfortunate astronaut finds himself reduced to a bloody puddle of goop in 'The Incredible Melting Man'.]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 1st April 2023, 03:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Child's Play may certainly be coming with that seven film box set recently dropping to the twenty pound mark.

That may cause Zarrow a problem mind you when we've all bought the films for twenty quid just recently for a quarter of the price Zarrow will be asking.
Old 2nd April 2023, 04:18 AM
Cultist

Angry

i have just watched savage three by arrow and the scene with the mice fighting that was cut out for the uk release is not cut out in the rat eat rat interview with writer/director vittorio salerno and actresses martine brochard that makes no sense even though before the film starts it says that the bbfc demanded cuts to the mice scene so why is it not cut out of the interview but if you watch the film again right after it's uncut but my blu-ray player is not multi-regional or regional A mine in regional B but if you stop it take the disc out and turn the player off and turn it on and when you watch the film the message pops up again but it means you have to do that all the time just to watch it uncut
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by peter alex; 2nd April 2023 at 04:56 AM.
Old 2nd April 2023, 06:44 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
i have just watched savage three by arrow and the scene with the mice fighting that was cut out for the uk release is not cut out in the rat eat rat interview with writer/director vittorio salerno and actresses martine brochard that makes no sense even though before the film starts it says that the bbfc demanded cuts to the mice scene so why is it not cut out of the interview but if you watch the film again right after it's uncut but my blu-ray player is not multi-regional or regional A mine in regional B but if you stop it take the disc out and turn the player off and turn it on and when you watch the film the message pops up again but it means you have to do that all the time just to watch it uncut

I know that a few of Arrow’s discs that are cut for Region B (including Savage Three) can be played uncut by selecting Region A. Strange how it plays uncut on non-multiregion players via the tinkering you mentioned.

I’m pretty sure Bandidos and The Grand Duel can also be played uncut by selecting Region A. I don’t think this applies to Sister Street Fighter: Hanging By a Thread however.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:14 AM
Cultist

it also works on the bandidos disc as well by doing the same as i did with savage three
Dave likes this.
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Thinking about the April Fools teases, Porky's, The Omen and Child's Play seem quite high profile cult items compared to Altered States.

Altered States' cult profile is pretty low level by Ken Russell standards. You'd have thought if they really wanted an actual false April Fools tease they would have chosen The Devils?

Like this? Share it using the links below!