Old 11th October 2014, 09:44 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This is mildly amusing.

Arrow want you to pay for them to land in the USA.

When this happens all people will do is moan about what is being released over there compared to back home. There's evidence of this already on here.

Arrow will only (on very rare occasions if they think it's special enough) release something on one side of the pond. They've said that they will release stuff after the move that they can get the licence for both territories. i.e, if something is already out on BD in America, and Arrow don't think it's a special enough title, they won't pursue it for the UK. Christ, that strategy would've covered half the titles they've already released!
Old 11th October 2014, 11:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Thanks for the info but what will Arrow do with this issue? Any ideas? My copy is on the way to me now so I can't cancel it. Will there be a replacement programme?
I'd be very surprised if they do a replacement for this one as surely that would require a complete remaster of the source material again if the missing footage is only available in a different print.

With ZFE it just took some tinkering to seamless branching to make the required changes which was probably a lot easier and a lot less expensive to fix.

Hope I'm completely wrong though
Old 11th October 2014, 11:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Does anyone know if Arrows upcoming Rabid will see a steelbook release which could look fantastic with the original artwork?
Old 11th October 2014, 05:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Due to some severe faults at the manufacturing plant, all of our copies of Stray Cat Rock: The Collection have had a 15 cert printed on them instead of the accurate 18 and some copies are also missing the collectors booklet.

To ensure that all copies are corrected, we have had to recall all of the box sets so a new sleeve can be reprinted and the booklets reinserted. Unfortunately this means that the release date has had to be pushed back to October 27th.

We can only apologise that this release has been fraught with delays and rest assured we are trying our hardest to ensure that this situation is rectified as soon as possible.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 11th October 2014, 05:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Due to some severe faults at the manufacturing plant, all of our copies of Stray Cat Rock: The Collection have had a 15 cert printed on them instead of the accurate 18 and some copies are also missing the collectors booklet.

To ensure that all copies are corrected, we have had to recall all of the box sets so a new sleeve can be reprinted and the booklets reinserted. Unfortunately this means that the release date has had to be pushed back to October 27th.

We can only apologise that this release has been fraught with delays and rest assured we are trying our hardest to ensure that this situation is rectified as soon as possible.

Already posted The Arrow Thread, mate.
Old 12th October 2014, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Looks like there may be a problem with missing footage in the Shivers release. Arrow are looking into to it but I think this time we are stuck with it.
Old 12th October 2014, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Looks like there may be a problem wit missing footage in the Shivers release. Arrow are looking into to it but I think this time we are stuck with it.

So do I, however I just got through watching this and if I hadn't read about the missing footage I would never have noticed so personally I'm not too bothered, although I can see how anyone familiar with the missing footage would be pretty pissed.
Old 12th October 2014, 07:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
So do I, however I just got through watching this and if I hadn't read about the missing footage I would never have noticed so personally I'm not too bothered, although I can see how anyone familiar with the missing footage would be pretty pissed.
I watched it last night and didn't notice the missing footage either. I also thought the picture quality was very good. Shows what I know!
Old 12th October 2014, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This post from member Projectscoop over on Blu Ray.Com:

" This version of Shivers released by Arrow is not uncut when compared to the Image Entertainment dvd release. I received my Arrow blu ray of Shivers today and compared it to the Image dvd. The sequence where Dr. Linsky (Joe Silver) is at Nicholas Tudor's aparment is shorter on the Arrow version as described in the two instances below:

Missing on the Arrow version is Dr. Linksy pushing Mr. Tudor against the refrigerator and saying "Get off me".

The scene where Mr. Tudor is shown shoving the parasites into Dr. Linsky's mouth has been shortened by about 4-5 seconds on the Arrow version. What is missing is the beginning of this scene which shows Tudor pulling the parasites off of Dr. Linsky's face and trying to put them in his own mouth. Tudor then takes the parasites from his mouth and is shown shoving them into Dr. Linsky's mouth. This missing 4-5 seconds has a big impact in my opinion, as it always stuck in my mind and really put the scene over the top.

This all came about when Shivers premiered on Netflix a few days ago before I received my Arrow blu ray. After watching it on Netflix, it seemed like something was missing in the scene with Tudor and Dr. Linsky. After a long search I found my Image Entertainment dvd of Shivers. I viewed the scene in question and my suspicions were confirmed. Since the Netflix version had the Lionsgate logo at the beginning I was concerned that the Arrow version (which I knew had the Lionsgate logo) would be the edited version also. And of course it was.

Without regard to picture quality comparisons between the Image dvd and Arrow blu ray, I feel cheated on content. I paid a lot in USD for the steelbook from Arrow and did not get the uncut version. A subsequent search on Movie-Censorship.com addressed the same missing seconds comparing German and Dutch VHS versions. I also checked out dvdcompare.net and it states the Arrow blu ray is uncut. I disagree and would like to know if Arrow can gain access to the cut scenes and reissue the blu ray using an exchange program for those who have already purchased it. "
Old 12th October 2014, 10:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Already posted The Arrow Thread, mate.
Seen it.
Thought I'd add my sarcasm....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!