All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26054Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2015, 03:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
"In the spirit of full disclosure, we want to let you all know that we have a number of US only titles coming up (one will be announced this Friday). We did everything we could to acquire these for the UK too however when this was unsuccessful we thought it best to release something rather than nothing at all."

And so it begins.

I'm sure someone will leap to their defence.
I really can see this happing more and more, I have a nasty feeling at some point America will be there primary focus seen it happen with other company's. But they are a business and if it turns out the American market is more profitable I can see why they would.
Old 4th November 2015, 03:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I really can see this happing more and more, I have a nasty feeling at some point America will be there primary focus seen it happen with other company's
I know they said at the beginning of their foray into America, that they would put out US only titles on those rare occasions that they couldn't get the UK rights as well, but now it's a number titles. Sounds more than the rare occasions they first mentioned. UK fans who aren't multi-region, are going to be a little miffed.
Old 4th November 2015, 03:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
"In the spirit of full disclosure, we want to let you all know that we have a number of US only titles coming up (one will be announced this Friday). We did everything we could to acquire these for the UK too however when this was unsuccessful we thought it best to release something rather than nothing at all."

And so it begins.

I'm sure someone will leap to their defence.
I can see more people attacking this decision than defending them to be honest - after all their roots are in the UK.

Whilst it may suck for Region B folk I'm region free so I don't care if they have to release a title in outer Mongolia to get it out on the market - just so long as I can buy it!
Old 4th November 2015, 03:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I know they said at the beginning of their foray into America, that they would put out US only titles on those rare occasions that they couldn't get the UK rights as well, but now it's a number titles. Sounds more than the rare occasions they first mentioned. UK fans who aren't multi-region, are going to be a little miffed.
It wouldn't be so bad if multi region players weren't so expensive and hard to get compared to America . Be intresting to see what titles they got as I would of thought shout factory would have a better chance of getting anything good/ half decent
Old 4th November 2015, 03:31 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I can see more people attacking this decision than defending them to be honest - after all their roots are in the UK.

Whilst it may suck for Region B folk I'm region free so I don't care if they have to release a title in outer Mongolia to get it out on the market - just so long as I can buy it!
ARRRGGGHHHHH!, but it would have Mongolian text and ratings logos all over it!
Old 4th November 2015, 03:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
ARRRGGGHHHHH!, but it would have Mongolian text and ratings logos all over it!
Old 4th November 2015, 04:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
It wouldn't be so bad if multi region players weren't so expensive and hard to get compared to America . Be intresting to see what titles they got as I would of thought shout factory would have a better chance of getting anything good/ half decent
Multi region players can be had from anywhere between £50 up to around £200 if you want a brand name.

Considering the first dvd player I bought cost around £400 (and I also had to buy a step down transformer) and I can remember paying about the same again for my first blu-ray player, is there any reason not be to multi region for blu-ray these days?

Surely its well worth the price of a multi region player to make region coding an irrelevance
Old 4th November 2015, 05:43 PM
Active Cultist

Can we have a link to the £50 players please?
JAMIOUSE, keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 4th November 2015, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I got a crappy one from HMV years ago for like £30, and a Toshiba one from Argos for like £70 which came with a year's free subscription of Lovefilm.
Old 4th November 2015, 06:10 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
I got a crappy one from HMV years ago for like £30, and a Toshiba one from Argos for like £70 which came with a year's free subscription of Lovefilm.
Both blu-ray players?

Like this? Share it using the links below!