Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2016, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If I was a betting man, that's where my money would be as well.
Unless their planning on giving us two boxsets for Halloween? After last years debacle with Hellraiser maybe they want to up the stress factor at Arrow Towers?
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th June 2016, 07:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I personally think that this year's Hellraiser will be a Phantasm box set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
If I was a betting man, that's where my money would be as well.
My thoughts exactly. ABUK did the Hellraiser cube. Followed by the Phantasm Sphere, one of their last great releases. I reckon Arrow will follow suit. I'm also hoping to see Razorback, Alligator and Q The Winged Serpent before too long. Perhaps a Creature Feature Boxset?

Last edited by J Harker; 15th June 2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old 15th June 2016, 10:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Q The Winged Serpent before too long.
Sold!
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th June 2016, 10:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I personally think that this year's Hellraiser will be a Phantasm box set.
I hope it will be five more Hellraiser films, then you can all stop saying they suck and give them the praise they deserve.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 16th June 2016, 06:50 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I hope it will be five more Hellraiser films, then you can all stop saying they suck and give them the praise they deserve.
I quite like the sequels for the most part - especially Inferno. Hellworld certainly isn't great though and I'm yet to check out the non-Bradley entry Revelations.

Still, I'd take a Hellraiser sequel over a ANOES or F13th sequel pretty much any day of the week.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 16th June 2016 at 07:23 AM.
Old 16th June 2016, 07:11 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
I have Scream factory blu ray of burning and the transfer is
great do you think this transfer need up date ?

I suspect Arrow will look at topping it. My theory is they will go for a 2k or 4k scan and do some further work to see if any more can be had from it. Like with SF texas chainsaw 2, there are benefits of being the second release.
Old 16th June 2016, 07:22 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I suspect Arrow will look at topping it. My theory is they will go for a 2k or 4k scan and do some further work to see if any more can be had from it. Like with SF texas chainsaw 2, there are benefits of being the second release.
Even if they didn't use a new scan for this one, Arrow's encoding is almost always better than Scream's anyway so their disc would look better. The main differences would be in terms of the extra content which is Scream's major strength.
Old 16th June 2016, 07:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Even if they didn't use a new scan for this one, Arrow's encoding is almost always better than Scream's anyway so their disc would look better. The main differences would be in terms of the extra content which is Scream's major strength.
And Arrow have time to work at topping it. This is the benefit of seeing what the competitor does first, its easy to look at it and say "how do we top this". Arrow will really miss a trick if they dont go all out on this release.
Old 16th June 2016, 10:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I attempted to watch DePalma's Obsession last night, I bought it in one of the sales ages ago and have put off watching it because of the 12 certificate. What does everyone else think of the film and Arrows presentation? The cover art is bloody awful, the film I found dull and uninvolving. I don't know if it was the lead actor or the fact the film feels like a bad throw back to fifties and sixties melodramas but I was disappointed with the whole thing.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 16th June 2016, 10:29 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I attempted to watch DePalma's Obsession last night, I bought it in one of the sales ages ago and have put off watching it because of the 12 certificate. What does everyone else think of the film and Arrows presentation? The cover art is bloody awful, the film I found dull and uninvolving. I don't know if it was the lead actor or the fact the film feels like a bad throw back to fifties and sixties melodramas but I was disappointed with the whole thing.
I like it, but can understand why some wouldn't. The throwback to 50/60's melodrama i think is kind of the point. Yes the cover art is rubbish but the transfer while not brilliant is miles better than when i first watched it on Sci-Fi or the Horror channel or whatever it was. The film looks very soft and a little hazy but again i think its actually intentional.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!