Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree1181Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #831  
Old 17th November 2023, 03:44 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Have you watched any of Vol 1 yet, Dem?
Not yet, i watch them all in December usually. It's an annual Christmas tradition for me.
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 17th November 2023, 03:56 PM
Mojo's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Not yet, i watch them all in December usually. It's an annual Christmas tradition for me.
Me too
I watched the Vol 1 set last Xmas and looking forward to watching Vol 2 this year.
I remember thinking that the original dvds couldn’t be improved that much, but they really are a big improvement.
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 17th November 2023, 04:03 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Me too
I watched the Vol 1 set last Xmas and looking forward to watching Vol 2 this year.
I remember thinking that the original dvds couldn’t be improved that much, but they really are a big improvement.
They look it. The later ones such as Number 13 and Stigma look beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 1st February 2024, 08:11 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol - Orpington
Default

'Big Banana Feet' (1976) - Blu-ray / DVD combo pre-order available from BFI direct - £16:99

Release date: May 20

"Billy Connolly is at the peak of his powers in this hilarious ‘fly-on-the-wall’ documentary filmed on his 1975 tour of Ireland"

Special features:
  • Presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
  • **FIRST PRESSING ONLY** Booklet featuring new writing on the film and slipcase
  • Other extras TBC

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Banana Feet.jpg (82.8 KB, 70 views)
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 12th February 2024, 05:11 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Not a new release but just an appreciation of how nice these 2 box sets were. Pretty impossible to get these days since they went out of print. I almost didn’t buy volume 2 either but I’m glad that I did.

Derek Jarman volumes 1 & 2



__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 12th February 2024, 06:02 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

They do look nice box sets, Justin, although i'm not sure all the films appeal to me.

Not the greatest bard fan for a start.
Justin101 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 17th February 2024, 08:23 AM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Childhood home of Billy Idol - Orpington
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Big Banana Feet' (1976) - Blu-ray / DVD combo pre-order available from BFI direct - £16:99

Release date: May 20

"Billy Connolly is at the peak of his powers in this hilarious ‘fly-on-the-wall’ documentary filmed on his 1975 tour of Ireland"

Special features:
  • Presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
  • **FIRST PRESSING ONLY** Booklet featuring new writing on the film and slipcase
  • Other extras TBC
Fans get rare chance to see Billy Connolly's 'Big Banana Feet' / BBC News
ramses and Demoncrat like this.
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.