Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2017, 09:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It is.

And for those of you who inquired when we first announced the title, we will be doing a reverse cover on the wrap that has art will feature Peter Cushing more prominently. What you currently see front-facing is the U.S. poster design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8272_tn.jpg (88.8 KB, 17 views)
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 16th June 2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 6th July 2017, 03:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Poughkeepsie Tapes Finally Gets a DVD Release Date From Scream Factory - iHorror

Saw if few year ago can't remember to much but know I liked it .

The Poughkeepsie Tapes was originally released in 2007. Ten years later, it’s finally getting a DVD release date – thanks to Scream Factory.

The film – arguably one of the best presented faux-documentaries in the horror genre – has struggled to find distribution for a while. It was supposed to have a theatrical release thanks to MGM in February 2008, but it was regretfully pulled from the schedule.

There was a brief video-on-demand release in 2014, but as of October 2017, and for the first time ever, we will be able to take The Poughkeepsie Tapes home for good. Scream Factory will release the film on Bluray and DVD on October 10.

Directed by John Erick Dowdle (Quarantine and As Above, So Below), this graphic and chilling film is presented as a documentary focused on a series of tapes discovered by the Poughkeepsie police department.

The footage – shot over 800 video tapes – shows the stalking, abduction, brutal torture, and murders of the various victims of the “Water Street Butcher”, filmed by the madman himself.

With fake news footage and “expert” interviews, it’s an extremely well put together mockumentary, echoing something you’d see on late night TV (or – now – as one of those episodic specials you see on Netflix). But much, much more graphic.

Extras and special features have yet to be announced at this time. If you can’t wait for the October 10 release date, you can pre-order directly from Shout Factory and it will ship two weeks earlier. Every little bit counts, right?

Check out the official trailer and the poster below. For more on The Poughkeepsie Tapes, check out our list of Killer Mockumentaries.
Old 6th July 2017, 04:52 PM
Cult Master

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***
We’ll thrilled to add another George A Romero film to our sinister roster this year in the form of LAND OF THE DEAD!
Project is still in progress but here’s what we can tell you so far:
- The Blu-ray release will be branded as a "Collector's Edition" (of course!) that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date.)
- The newly-commissioned front-facing artwork you see pictured comes to us from The CRP Group (Rabid, Firestarter, Serial Mom).
The reverse side of the wrap will showcase the original theatrical poster art design.
- Bonus features & specs are still in progress and will be announced sometime in Sept but we can confirm that this will be a 2-disc set and will include new extras plus the theatrical and unrated versions of the film.
- Official street date is 10/24/17. However, if you pre-order now directly from our website @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/lan...collector-s… you’ll get it two weeks earlier plus you’ll received a free 18” x 24” rolled poster of the newly-designed key art (while supplies last)!

19732328_1023547664448911_6656287765425874867_n.jpg

Love the artwork can't wait for this one.
Old 6th July 2017, 05:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
The Poughkeepsie Tapes Finally Gets a DVD Release Date From Scream Factory - iHorror

Saw if few year ago can't remember to much but know I liked it .

The Poughkeepsie Tapes was originally released in 2007. Ten years later, it’s finally getting a DVD release date – thanks to Scream Factory.

The film – arguably one of the best presented faux-documentaries in the horror genre – has struggled to find distribution for a while. It was supposed to have a theatrical release thanks to MGM in February 2008, but it was regretfully pulled from the schedule.

There was a brief video-on-demand release in 2014, but as of October 2017, and for the first time ever, we will be able to take The Poughkeepsie Tapes home for good. Scream Factory will release the film on Bluray and DVD on October 10.

Directed by John Erick Dowdle (Quarantine and As Above, So Below), this graphic and chilling film is presented as a documentary focused on a series of tapes discovered by the Poughkeepsie police department.

The footage – shot over 800 video tapes – shows the stalking, abduction, brutal torture, and murders of the various victims of the “Water Street Butcher”, filmed by the madman himself.

With fake news footage and “expert” interviews, it’s an extremely well put together mockumentary, echoing something you’d see on late night TV (or – now – as one of those episodic specials you see on Netflix). But much, much more graphic.

Extras and special features have yet to be announced at this time. If you can’t wait for the October 10 release date, you can pre-order directly from Shout Factory and it will ship two weeks earlier. Every little bit counts, right?

Check out the official trailer and the poster below. For more on The Poughkeepsie Tapes, check out our list of Killer Mockumentaries.

Easily two of the worst FF films out there imho. Duly noted!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th July 2017, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another great announcement from SF

Yesterday we announced George A Romero’s Land of the Dead and today we bring you even more zombie action in the form of Zack Snyder’s thrilling 2004 remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD!

- The Blu-ray release will be branded as a "Collector's Edition" that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date.)

- The newly-commissioned front-facing artwork you see pictured comes to us from Nathaniel Marsh (Carrie, The John Carpenter steelbooks). The reverse side of the wrap will showcase the original theatrical poster art design.

- Bonus features & specs are still in progress and will be announced sometime in Sept but we can confirm today that this will be a 2-disc set and will sport new extras (including interviews with Ty Burrell, James Gunn, Jake Webber, David Anderson & Heather Langenkamp Anderson) plus the theatrical and unrated versions of the film.

- Official street date is 10/24/17. However, if you pre-order now directly from our website @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/lan...collector-s… you’ll get it two weeks earlier plus you’ll received a free 18” x 24” rolled poster of the newly-designed key art (while supplies last)!

IMG_0593.JPG
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th July 2017, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Another great announcement from SF

Yesterday we announced George A Romero’s Land of the Dead and today we bring you even more zombie action in the form of Zack Snyder’s thrilling 2004 remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD!

- The Blu-ray release will be branded as a "Collector's Edition" that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date.)

- The newly-commissioned front-facing artwork you see pictured comes to us from Nathaniel Marsh (Carrie, The John Carpenter steelbooks). The reverse side of the wrap will showcase the original theatrical poster art design.

- Bonus features & specs are still in progress and will be announced sometime in Sept but we can confirm today that this will be a 2-disc set and will sport new extras (including interviews with Ty Burrell, James Gunn, Jake Webber, David Anderson & Heather Langenkamp Anderson) plus the theatrical and unrated versions of the film.

Attachment 192399
The old blu-ray release looks like no restoration work had been done.
Old 7th July 2017, 03:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've never upgraded from DVD so I'll be getting this when All Your Music has it in stock

And Land of the dead for the same reason
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th July 2017, 09:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Scream Factory to announce 8 new titles at this year's Comic-Con
Old 22nd July 2017, 04:12 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

New announcements....

Attack of the Puppet People (58).
Eye of the Cat.
Darkman II & Darkman III.
American Gothic.

Collectors Editions:

Cyborg.
The Strangers.
Drag Me to Hell.
Misery.
Silent Night Deadly Night.

And from Shout Select:

Into The Night.
Matinee.

Plus....

The Plague Dogs and the Paul Rudd classic....Mac and Me.
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I nearly bought The Strangers, Misery and Drag Me to Hell from Music Magpie yesterday, glad I didn't now if SF are doing collectors editions
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!