Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st March 2010, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

we just type 'em up on the page or d'ya want em PM'd, like getting our homework in?
Old 21st March 2010, 07:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Teeecher teeecher!

Nah, just post them all on here! We don't want to hide all your work!
Old 21st March 2010, 07:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

do we get a star for effort?

Cool, me brains working over time at the moment thinking of a story. i have a character but not sure what to do with him...
Old 21st March 2010, 09:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Okay, Im gonna have ago at this. I see im the first to post. Ive chosen to use Major Cooper only seen on the operating table in Day with only his brain and his body. Ive decided to do it in a sort of Captains Log style way, and give him a backstory from the events in Night leading up to the events in Day. Hope you enjoy....

FROM THE DESK OF MAJ. BYRON M COOPER U.S ARMY

I remember when all this started. '68, that's the year the shit hit the fan. My unit were forty clicks west of Saigon, we knew something was going down. There were reports over the airwaves that some serious shit was happening back home, some sort of attack, people attacking other people, biting them and eating them. We were fighting a loosing war over in Nam with no way of helping. The national Guard, Local militia and local police forces got overpowered by riots, gun fights and looting, the united states turned into a nation of chaos and anarchy. The violence and attacks spread throughout the world rapidly and before we knew it we were facing the biggest threat we'd ever seen in any war...the dead didn't stay dead. We came across a VC POW camp deep in the jungle, Bodies lay everywhere, all of them had bullet holes in their foreheads. One of the guys in my squad, a passionate soldier by the name Rhodes, discovered what had happened to three of our guys, he found them all tied to god damn crosses, their insides on their outsides, the place was a ****ing blood bath. We heard noises coming from inside some makeshift prison cells. Rhodes and I went to check them out and what we found, well words can't compare to what we actually saw, there must have been about ten of these deadhead mother ****ers all chowing down on some poor ass hole's body. Legs, arms, feet...the entire thing. We took out are 1911's took aim and blew these 'things' back to hell. We had to get out of Nam fast. My commanding officer Gen. Edward R Lee, got us out via transport plane. I tell you that was the best flight id ever taken but we had no idea what would be waiting for us back home.

We touched down on U.S soil, but departing the plane wasn't gonna be easy, those things were everywhere, we had to be armed and ready, 20 got on the plane, only seven got off including myself and Pvt. Rhodes. The Remaining Government had set up a sort of make shift white house on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. Rhodes got promoted to corporal and we got stationed out in Fort Myers, Florida. The war on the home front carried on and on and on, many men died only to come back. We watched in horror as we'd take em down and they'd get back up. We finally realised that every body that is not exterminated becomes one of them, it gets up and kills, The people it Kills get up and kill, in an everlasting cycle. One that could only be broken by destroying the brain.

We eventually got assigned to a group of research scientists. Fort Myers was gone, totally empty except for the deadheads. The Scientists were supposed to find a cure, but they couldn't. The head scientist Dr. Logan, came up with the idea of instead of curing them, train them, train them to use what ever little brains cell they had left. We got sent underground to a former mine converted to a huge underground government vault. Not only were we responsible for finding a cure, we were responsible for preserving the last remaining remnants of our past existence. Rhodes got promoted to captain and started getting more and more aggressive to a point where now, I think he wants to take charge. He hates the scientists, especially Logan who he' dubbed Frankenstein due to the experiments Logan is carrying out. Its now late June and there's only a handful of us left. We've got six maybe seven soldiers and about five scientists left, there's also the two chopper pilots McDermott and the black guy John. They keep to them selves and live in a caravan down in one of the tunnels. This is gonna be my last entry into this ledger, ive got maybe five or six hours left. One of Logan's subjects got loose, and I got bitten. It's hard to write and focus properly, im slowly changing into one of them, I have asked Rhodes to stop me before I become one of the living dead. I don't want that to happen. So this is my story, this my life from 1968 to 1985, in the 17 years since Nam, i've not had a day to rest, not stopped fighting but as my light dims, I won't have to fight anymore. I know Rhodes will do the right thing and lead the men and hopefully the scientists into finally eradicating this hellish disease. I just hope he doesn't **** it up. So for the last time this Major Byron Martin Cooper, signing off.

Major Byron M Cooper US Army....K.I.A

Well there we go, if i win, i'll have to buy a Blu-ray player cause this set is too good to pass up an oportunity to get it free.

Last edited by pedromonkey; 21st March 2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 22nd March 2010, 02:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This sounds like fun and despite the preorder, I might try to get a lil piece together, just for the fun of it Did I miss something, or did you forget to say if the stuff should be posted here, or sent anywhere?

Edit: Me and modern technology - nice concept of having a page 2 so far *LOL*
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Okay, Im gonna have ago at this. I see im the first to post. Ive chosen to use Major Cooper only seen on the operating table in Day with only his brain and his body. Ive decided to do it in a sort of Captains Log style way, and give him a backstory from the events in Night leading up to the events in Day. Hope you enjoy....

FROM THE DESK OF MAJ. BYRON M COOPER U.S ARMY

I remember when all this started. '68, that's the year the shit hit the fan. My unit were forty clicks west of Saigon, we knew something was going down. There were reports over the airwaves that some serious shit was happening back home, some sort of attack, people attacking other people, biting them and eating them. We were fighting a loosing war over in Nam with no way of helping. The national Guard, Local militia and local police forces got overpowered by riots, gun fights and looting, the united states turned into a nation of chaos and anarchy. The violence and attacks spread throughout the world rapidly and before we knew it we were facing the biggest threat we'd ever seen in any war...the dead didn't stay dead. We came across a VC POW camp deep in the jungle, Bodies lay everywhere, all of them had bullet holes in their foreheads. One of the guys in my squad, a passionate soldier by the name Rhodes, discovered what had happened to three of our guys, he found them all tied to god damn crosses, their insides on their outsides, the place was a ****ing blood bath. We heard noises coming from inside some makeshift prison cells. Rhodes and I went to check them out and what we found, well words can't compare to what we actually saw, there must have been about ten of these deadhead mother ****ers all chowing down on some poor ass hole's body. Legs, arms, feet...the entire thing. We took out are 1911's took aim and blew these 'things' back to hell. We had to get out of Nam fast. My commanding officer Gen. Edward R Lee, got us out via transport plane. I tell you that was the best flight id ever taken but we had no idea what would be waiting for us back home.

We touched down on U.S soil, but departing the plane wasn't gonna be easy, those things were everywhere, we had to be armed and ready, 20 got on the plane, only seven got off including myself and Pvt. Rhodes. The Remaining Government had set up a sort of make shift white house on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. Rhodes got promoted to corporal and we got stationed out in Fort Myers, Florida. The war on the home front carried on and on and on, many men died only to come back. We watched in horror as we'd take em down and they'd get back up. We finally realised that every body that is not exterminated becomes one of them, it gets up and kills, The people it Kills get up and kill, in an everlasting cycle. One that could only be broken by destroying the brain.

We eventually got assigned to a group of research scientists. Fort Myers was gone, totally empty except for the deadheads. The Scientists were supposed to find a cure, but they couldn't. The head scientist Dr. Logan, came up with the idea of instead of curing them, train them, train them to use what ever little brains cell they had left. We got sent underground to a former mine converted to a huge underground government vault. Not only were we responsible for finding a cure, we were responsible for preserving the last remaining remnants of our past existence. Rhodes got promoted to captain and started getting more and more aggressive to a point where now, I think he wants to take charge. He hates the scientists, especially Logan who he' dubbed Frankenstein due to the experiments Logan is carrying out. Its now late June and there's only a handful of us left. We've got six maybe seven soldiers and about five scientists left, there's also the two chopper pilots McDermott and the black guy John. They keep to them selves and live in a caravan down in one of the tunnels. This is gonna be my last entry into this ledger, ive got maybe five or six hours left. One of Logan's subjects got loose, and I got bitten. It's hard to write and focus properly, im slowly changing into one of them, I have asked Rhodes to stop me before I become one of the living dead. I don't want that to happen. So this is my story, this my life from 1968 to 1985, in the 17 years since Nam, i've not had a day to rest, not stopped fighting but as my light dims, I won't have to fight anymore. I know Rhodes will do the right thing and lead the men and hopefully the scientists into finally eradicating this hellish disease. I just hope he doesn't **** it up. So for the last time this Major Byron Martin Cooper, signing off.

Major Byron M Cooper US Army....K.I.A

Well there we go, if i win, i'll have to buy a Blu-ray player cause this set is too good to pass up an oportunity to get it free.

That is BRILLIANT Pedro! What a great story to kick it all off. I really really did enjoy that and luv all the references you've put in there. Very very nice work indeed!

Old 23rd March 2010, 04:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

cheers dude, im surprised no one else has done this yet as the prize is awesome.
Old 23rd March 2010, 05:30 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

They're (hopefully) working on it as we speak!
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:00 PM
Cultist

oo this sounds fun! i might give it a go if i can get my creative imagination started up

loving pedromonkey's!

Old 24th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

OK, here is my lil piece, I would spend more time on this if I had the time, so I hope the spontaneous write and one read-over produced some entertainment for some here...

The blinding rays of the sun always scare me these days, sounds weird? Well, these are weird times we are living in, right? But let me explain, maybe you'll understand, maybe you don't - as if I care…

It has been weeks since we escaped from the military hideout we referred to as Frankenstein's Inn. And I am pretty sure that this was the step that saved my life so far, for what it's worth anyway. I've had enough just after the crazy experiments were revealed, I am sure it was all much worse than we heard of, but my source had been reliable enough to trust. I did not mind the pet corpse they, what's his name? Billy, Bob? Trivial! It was the treatment of the bodies of our former friends and colleagues that really pissed me and my buddies off and so we managed to get behind the wooden gate into the tunnel, hiding out like rats and it worked most of the time, well, it worked for me…

First to go was Lorenzo that Italian fugitive, I cannot tell what drove him here, but he referred to himself as that so I did not ask him any more.

Hiding out in the tunnels is tricky, mainly because they smell food, they really do, so you got to do nasty things like covering yourself with the splattered remains from one of the corpses and hope for no chance encounters, cos it was one of these chance encounters that killed Lorenzo. Who would have thought about one of the zombies lying there on the ground with blasted away legs and quiet due to the blasted away vocal chords, but still in posession of very intact teeth? We did not did not and Lorenzo was bitten badly at the ankle when he stepped into the vivid corpse on the floor. We knew what we had to do, but we had to do it quietly, machete at the neck and hopefully not too much pain for the Italian.

Next up was Carl, we knew he could cause trouble and he sure did, hiding that gun from all of us, neglecting our agreement not to use any weapons that might attract zombies by the noise they make. But I am sure by now that he did not intend to flee with us to survive, but hunt down the beast that had killed his fiancè. And when he really did find that beast, he revealed his gun and blasted away its brains and then ate the last bullet, spraying us with a horrible mix of brain matter, flesh, hair and bone fragments, leaving us to fight off the three zombies nearby. Which is not easy with a machete, a pick-axe and a shovel. But we had become pretty good at that with all the practise we had. Stan swung the machete, cutting of the first zombie's head, while I lost my pick-axe for a moment as it stuck deep in the second zombie's head. But luck was with us and that last zombie was a real ripe stinker and so it only took a few blasts with the shovel to turn its head into a pulpy something, hard to describe. I wanted to be sure and cut off the remaining head with the shovel. Now I had to retrieve the pick-axe, as the shovel might not work on fresher recruits from hell, which recently started to pour out of the military hideout, something must have gone very wrong back there! So I grapped the handle tightly, put my right foot on the zombies forhead and pulled - no luck. So Stan came over and helped to pull, two men must have been too much for the rotten neck and the thing's head came off. The pick-axe swung heavily back at us and hit Stan in the chest. The cut was deep and was looking really bad and he nodded me to finish him "Use the machete, buddy - it always served me well!" was what he mumbled and I did it as humanely as possible - at least what I thought would be the best way. I put it under his chin and pushed jolted up into Stan's brain. The gurgle he let out was horrible and almost made me throw up the rat remains we had been feeding on for weeks. He seemed not to suffer much, he was not tilting very long and the gurgle did not last long either. I cut his head off too and buried his remains, sure I would not meet him again.

Now I am on my own, what is the meaning of this life? I don't know, I would leave this life behind if I knew a sure way to go with a guarantee not to return, but I have none. So I have to keep up my hiding in the dim light and fear the daylight which makes me recognize some of the fresh ones and that is the worst, believe me, seeing former friends and comrades doing the dead walk is the worst I can imagine, even if they pass you by as you smell like one of the older ones, knowing they do not eat each other. Bad luck for them, but what will happen to them? Will they just rot away? I don't know.

I only have eyes for two things these days and both are to go into my mouth, either a rodent to keep me alive, or a gun, carried by a fresh one to get me out of here forever - wish me luck!
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!