Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2010, 12:16 PM
Cultist

Predator

This is what is is all about for me. Sci-fi, horror, action and war all rolled into one with plenty of great one liners from our man Schwarzenegger ("Stick around!"), totally in his prime. From the opening sequence in the chopper: "My wife said she wanted a little pussy!" to the systematic killing-off of each member of the team, Predator has it all.

The Predator creature has gone on to have its own mythology with sequels and comics, and a believable mythology always improves a science fiction movie and keeps you thinking outside the celluloid.

And not to forget the greatest handshake of all time:

"Because some damn fool accused you of being the best!"
Old 25th April 2010, 12:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Dinosaurs are awesome! I luv dinosaurs!

And westerns too!

And Predator! I saw that last night on Film4 with the housemates - it was a great night.
Old 25th April 2010, 12:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

ha ha

Yeah preadator was awesome but JP is better *hint hint*

Not won a comp in a while

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th April 2010, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I want to pick DAWN OF THE DEAD ,NOTLD or TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE but im going with JAWS

JAWS is the most seen horror movie in the world.There is no other Horror movie seen by that many people.You can go to any country in the world and hum the theme music from this movie and everyone will know what movie it's from.

Last edited by Gigantor; 29th April 2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 25th April 2010, 12:24 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It's weird, this time I have NO control over who will win. Nor does lady luck. It's all up to you guys! Pretty sweet!

Ah Jaws!!!!!!! A true classic!

I wonder if we'll get any 'non-classics' stuff like I Drink Your Blood. Should be quite interesting to see.
Old 25th April 2010, 01:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I was gonna go with Suspiria but then thought gotta be JP ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th April 2010, 01:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

So many to choose from but I'm going for John Carpenter's The Thing.

Quite simply the best horror ever.
Old school real FX from Rob Bottin and Stan Winston.Gorier than any of these CGI drenched 'gorefests' that you see today.Amazing monsters.
Real genuine tension and jumps.
Great creepy soundtrack too.

There are so many amazing scenes in this movie(Chest eating arms, Head sprouting limbs, the blood test, the dog scene) I really could go on and on.
Old 25th April 2010, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Die Hard for me, yes Predator is a great action film but Die hard is THE action film. it's funny, violent has a unique plot that come across like Toweing Inferno with added german torrorists and has fantastic performances from bruce Willis, who at the time was mainly a TV/Comedy actor and an unforgettable Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber, a role he kind of carried over to his role as the sheriff of nottingham. John McTiernan's direction is spot on, almost faultless and who can forget Robert Davi and Grand L.Bush as FBI agents Johnson and Johnson. There are so many great lines in the film including the now famous Yipee-kyay-mother****er line and Rickman's constant shouting of 'McCLANE'. And the greatness continued through 3 sequals, the fourth of which is nowhere near as bad as people say it is...
Old 25th April 2010, 01:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Die Hard for me, yes Predator is a great action film but Die hard is THE action film. it's funny, violent has a unique plot that come across like Toweing Inferno with added german torrorists and has fantastic performances from bruce Willis, who at the time was mainly a TV/Comedy actor and an unforgettable Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber, a role he kind of carried over to his role as the sheriff of nottingham. John McTiernan's direction is spot on, almost faultless and who can forget Robert Davi and Grand L.Bush as FBI agents Johnson and Johnson. There are so many great lines in the film including the now famous Yipee-kyay-mother****er line and Rickman's constant shouting of 'McCLANE'. And the greatness continued through 3 sequals, the fourth of which is nowhere near as bad as people say it is...
The helicopter scene in 4 is one of the greatest action scenes ever. Rare that the entertainment value remained throughout the series
Old 25th April 2010, 01:27 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
The helicopter scene in 4 is one of the greatest action scenes ever. Rare that the entertainment value remained throughout the series
Watched the 4th one for the first time the other night, it was lots of fun. The helicopter scene was a riot. Annoyed that the Bluray doesn't have an unrated cut like the DVD, as there was quite an amount of lips-moving-but-no-sound-coming-out to cover the swearing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!