Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 3rd March 2020 04:57 AM

Popular music in 'Doctor Who' #62

Episode: 'The Impossible Astronaut'
Artist: Adele
Title: Rolling In The Deep
Notes:
* The song is played in a diner after The Doctor, Amy, Rory, and River Song meet in the desert and The Doctor and River compare diaries
* In 2018, new series composer Segun Akinola cited Adele among a list of inspirations for his Doctor Who score, explaining that pop music was
just as inspirational as the ideas he gained from the Radiophonic Workshop
* The song is the opening track of the 2011 release '21'

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd March 2020 09:52 AM

Image of the Day # 330

1 Attachment(s)
Patrick Troughton is the SECOND Doctor (1966-69)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd March 2020 10:09 AM

(Unconfirmed) Reports in the press are saying Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole are leaving following Revolution of the Daleks.

will graham 3rd March 2020 10:52 AM

Dude I remember El Dorado it was bad but not that bad!

Funny thing is I liked this new master when he was first introduced but couldn't stand him in this last episode.

Nope didn't like the doctor's origins, I think they will axe that idea as the reaction seems very mixed among newer fans, let alone older ones.

To be honest i don't think I will bother with the next series, might if they bring in a "peri" companion but nah for most of the last episode i had had enough, it's not good writing.

I mean looking back at other tv shows and both Deep Space 9 and V were blatantly based on World War 2 and had the agenda of "don't become a fascist prick" but ds9 was very well written as was the first 2 parts of V (which did also very much point out that it was the nazis all over again).

hivemind 3rd March 2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 621600)
(Unconfirmed) Reports in the press are saying Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole are leaving following Revolution of the Daleks.

A sigh of relief. Walsh was about the only character in Parody Who that actually resembled a decent Parody Who companion.

I wonder if Revolution of the Daleks will include a female Dalek?

Could be a possibility. You never know. We've already had an emasculated Dalek in Resolution. :lol:

hivemind 3rd March 2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will graham (Post 621611)
Dude I remember El Dorado it was bad but not that bad!

Funny thing is I liked this new master when he was first introduced but couldn't stand him in this last episode.

Nope didn't like the doctor's origins, I think they will axe that idea as the reaction seems very mixed among newer fans, let alone older ones.

To be honest i don't think I will bother with the next series, might if they bring in a "peri" companion but nah for most of the last episode i had had enough, it's not good writing.

I mean looking back at other tv shows and both Deep Space 9 and V were blatantly based on World War 2 and had the agenda of "don't become a fascist prick" but ds9 was very well written as was the first 2 parts of V (which did also very much point out that it was the nazis all over again).

I don't think Will the BBC will be axing the Doctor's new origins. This is now set, and no way will the BBC re-set the timeline. This is it. Doctor Who was a female, not a masculine white old man travelling with his grand-daughter in the TARDIS. Once you do this, you cannot undo it. Doctor Who has a unique Time Line, and it's rewriting the Who legacy for the sake of pushing a social change message(s). The BBC hired Chibnall to carry out the destruction of Doctor Who, and he's achieved this with extreme prejudice. Paid to destroy a great TV show, and also rip apart New Who and Classic Who. The jobs done. If BIG FINISH decide to have the 13th Doctor mixed in with the other Doctor's, I and many others will no longer support BIG FINISH. It's a total and utter disgrace. The anger amongst fans of Classic Who and New Who, excluding Chibnall's era is clearly visable.

gag 3rd March 2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 621618)
I don't think Will the BBC will be axing the Doctor's new origins. This is now set, and no way will the BBC re-set the timeline. This is it. Doctor Who was a female, not a masculine white old man travelling with his grand-daughter in the TARDIS. Once you do this, you cannot undo it. Doctor Who has a unique Time Line, and it's rewriting the Who legacy for the sake of pushing a social change message(s). The BBC hired Chibnall to carry out the destruction of Doctor Who, and he's achieved this with extreme prejudice. Paid to destroy a great TV show, and also rip apart New Who and Classic Who. The jobs done. If BIG FINISH decide to have the 13th Doctor mixed in with the other Doctor's, I and many others will no longer support BIG FINISH. It's a total and utter disgrace. The anger amongst fans of Classic Who and New Who, excluding Chibnall's era is clearly visable.

Just a curious Q?
Is anyone aware of anyone writing to the BBC and complaining about their disgust at doctor who ? And if they did do you think it'll make any difference ?
Just for the record haven't watched last 2 episodes I've gave up and lost interest, to the point when I was watching it that's all I was doing just watching for sake of it and not even really taking much notice of the story anymore :lol:.

Demoncrat 3rd March 2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 621585)
MANIAC??

Tell me something Demoncrat, what do you see in Parody Who that makes you like it so much? Explain to me please. I think you've probably been to The Outer Limits Demoncrat. From where no traveller truly returns after watching that car crash of Woke Who. :pound:

Hmmm, was referring to the Master there. I wrote worst episode ever didn't I? What makes YOU think I liked that shite sir???? :pound::pound::pound:

Try going to Specsavers dear boy ....... :lol:

hivemind 3rd March 2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 621625)
Just a curious Q?
Is anyone aware of anyone writing to the BBC and complaining about their disgust at doctor who ? And if they did do you think it'll make any difference ?
Just for the record haven't watched last 2 episodes I've gave up and lost interest, to the point when I was watching it that's all I was doing just watching for sake of it and not even really taking much notice of the story anymore :lol:.

Even when you were watching it "just for the sake of it", couldn't you of watched something better? How about Dancing On Ice for Christ's sake. At least you could've given that a much needed ratings boost, instead of Parody Who. :lol:

hivemind 3rd March 2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 621626)
Hmmm, was referring to the Master there. I wrote worst episode ever didn't I? What makes YOU think I liked that shite sir???? :pound::pound::pound:

Try going to Specsavers dear boy ....... :lol:

I was joking Demoncrat. Well if you did write that episode last Sunday, I would've given you a Welsh BAFTA for trying dear boy. Or maybe a fine Welsh leek. Which would you prefer? :pound: