Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28946Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2024, 01:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Susan, you do realise that's a pic of James Buckley from The Inbetweeners and not Blake Harrison.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 25th May 2024, 03:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Susan, you do realise that's a pic of James Buckley from The Inbetweeners and not Blake Harrison.
Thanks for the heads-up

That's the problem when you have never watched the show and have no idea who the characters are!

Bloody internet image search!!

Oh well, hopefully it's been correctly amended now

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th May 2024, 04:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Thanks for the heads-up

That's the problem when you have never watched the show and have no idea who the characters are!

Bloody internet image search!!
They don't even look remotely alike. lol.
Old 25th May 2024, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 1860

Tegan (Janet Fielding) possessed by the Mara during Kinda (1982)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kinda 2 (tegan2) (Medium).jpg (36.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 25th May 2024, 06:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Thought 73 Yards was a very enjoyable watch. Kinda a mix of folk horror that veered off into Turn Left and The Sound of Drums territory.

I'm not sure it stands up to much scrutiny but an entertaining 45 mins all told.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 25th May 2024, 09:54 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah, despite finding the first two episodes annoying and underwhelming I have continued watching.

Last weeks was an improvement but became a bit schmaltzy at times.

This one was pretty gripping and interesting for the most part, I was reminded of the same stuff as you and also it was heavily indebted to It Follows, wondered if Ruby had an STD.

Like you I wasn't sure if it held up as what was everyone running from?

But best episode so far.
I actually think her and the Doctor are fine when they are given something interesting to work with.

They just need to step up the writing and get some proper monsters involved. At least next week there's a creature even if it looks like the plant from The Mutations (Freakmaker).
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 25th May 2024, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Yeah, despite finding the first two episodes annoying and underwhelming I have continued watching.

Last weeks was an improvement but became a bit schmaltzy at times.

This one was pretty gripping and interesting for the most part, I was reminded of the same stuff as you and also it was heavily indebted to It Follows, wondered if Ruby had an STD.

Like you I wasn't sure if it held up as what was everyone running from?

But best episode so far.
I actually think her and the Doctor are fine when they are given something interesting to work with.

They just need to step up the writing and get some proper monsters involved. At least next week there's a creature even if it looks like the plant from The Mutations (Freakmaker).
Yes, four episodes in and we haven't had what i'd call a proper episode of Doctor Who where the TARDIS materialises somewhere and the Doctor and co right wrongs and defeat threats like the Wirrn, the Fendahl or the Malus.

Gotta love that pub though. You're more welcome at The Slaughtered Lamb ten minutes before last orders.

I'm longing for a Dalek invasion.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 25th May 2024, 11:22 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah the build up and pub scenes were really effective.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 26th May 2024, 07:45 AM
Cult Master

Guest actors appearing in FLUX: CHAPTER FIVE: SURVIVORS OF THE FLUX who have previously appeared in the show:
  • Mandip Gill (Yasmin Khan)
  • John Bishop (Dan Lewis)
  • Kevin McNally (Professor Jericho)
  • Barbara Flynn (Tecteun)
  • Craig Parkinson (The Grand Serpent)
  • Craige Els (Karvanista)
  • Thaddea Graham (Bel)
  • Jacob Anderson (Vinder)
  • San Sprunell (Young Swarm)
  • Rochenda Sandall (Azure)
  • Nadia Albina (Diane)
  • Steve Oram (Joseph Williamson)
  • Jemma Redrgrave (Kate Stewart)
  • Jonathan Watson (Sontaran Commander Stench)
  • Barbara Fadden (Weeping Angel)
  • Simon Carew (Ood)
  • Silas Carson (Voice Of The Ood)
  • Jonny Mathers (Passenger Forms)

Who: Before And After #1509a / Nu-Who #568a
Name: Robert Bathurst [1957 - ]
Year(s): 2021
Stories: Flux: Chapter Five: Survivors Of The Flux
Character(s): General Farquar
Note(s): Appeared in the Big Finish Productions 'Doom Coalition' audio adventure stories 'The Eleven' / 'The Satanic Mill' / 'The Crucible of Souls' / 'Songs of Love' / 'Stop the Clock'

Before Who:
Films: The 1977 Cambridge Footlights Revue (1977), Whoops Apocalypse (1986), Diamond's Edge (1988), Twenty-One (1991), Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (1996), The Nearly Complete and Utter History of Everything (1999), Goodbye, Mr Steadman (2001), The Safe House (2002), Three Sisters (2004), The Stepfather (2005), Heidi (2005), The Thief Lord (2006), Coup! [as Mark Thatcher[ (2006), Scoop (2006), Hattie [as John Le Mesurier] (2011), Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie (2014), Absolutely Anything (2015), Narcopolis (2015), Dave Allen at Peace (2018), What a Carve Up! (2020), Munich: The Edge of War (2021)
Television: Blackadder: Original Pilot* (1982) / The Lenny Henry Show [7 episodes, Various Characters (1984?1985)] / Who Dares Wins (1986) / Everyman: New World (1986) / The District Nurse: Myths And Follies (1987) / Red Dwarf: The End (1988) / Chelmsford 123: Arrivederci Roma (1988) / All in Good Faith: The Spirit Is Willing (1988) / Blind Justice: The One About The Irishman (1988) / Starting Out: Mr Christie (1989) / Anything More Would Be Greedy [6 episodes as Dennis Bedlam (1989)] / Up Yer News (1990) / About Face: Briefcase Encounters (1991) / Lazarus & Dingwall: You Expect Us To Believe That? (1991) / Joking Apart [13 episodes as Mark Taylor (1991?1995)] / No Job for a Lady: Lobby Terms (1992) / Early Travellers in North America [2 episodes as William Makepeace Thackeray (1992)] / The House of Eliott (1992) / The Detectives: Never Without Protection (1994) / Screen One: A Breed Of Heroes (1994) / Get Well Soon [5 episodes as Squadron Leader Fielding (1997)] / Cold Feet [61 episodes as David Marsden (1997?2020)] / Horatio Hornblower: The Duel (1998) / The Secret [2 episodes as Alex Faraday (2002)] / White Teeth [3 episodes as Marcus Malfen (2002)] / My Dad's the Prime Minister [13 episodes as the Prime Minister (2003?2004)] / New Tricks: Talking To The Dead (2004) / The Comic Strip Presents: Sex Actually (2005) / Poirot: After The Funeral (2006) / My Family [3 episodes as James Garret (2006?2009)] / Kingdom (2007) / Emma [4 episodes as Mr. Weston (2009)] / The Queen: Margaret [as Anthony Eden] (2009) / The Pillars of the Earth [8 episodes as Percy Hamleigh (2010)] / Downton Abbey [7 episodes as Sir Anthony Strallan (2010?2012)] / Wild at Heart [9 episodes as Ed Lynch (2012)] / Dracula [13 episodes as Lord Thomas Davenport (2013)] / Blandings [4 episodes as Sir Gregory Parsloe-Parsloe (2013?2014)] / Toast of London [21 episodes as Ed Howzer-Black (2012?2020)] / Midsomer Murders: The Flying Club (2014) / Doc McStuffins: Let The Nightingale Sing [voice only] (2014) / Agatha Raisin: The Quiche Of Death (2014) / Cockroaches [3 episodes as the Prime Minister (2015)] / Mrs. Brown's Boys: Mammy's Widow's Memories (2015) / Million Dollar American Princesses: Queens Of The Screen [as the Narrator] (2016) / Gap Year: Kuala Lumpur: The Expats (2017) / Dad's Army - The Lost Episodes* [3 episodes as Sgt. Arthur Wilson (2019)]

Music Video: Westlife (2001): Uptown Girl [as the high class customer]

After Who:
Films: None
Television: The Larkins [7 episodes as Johnny Delamere (2021?2022)] / A Ghost Story For Christmas: The Mezzotint (2021) / Toast of Tinseltown [4 episodes as Ed Howzer-Black (2022)]

Who: Before And After #1509b / Nu-Who #568b
Name: Guy List [? - ]
Year(s): 2021
Stories: Flux: Chapter Five: Survivors Of The Flux
Character(s): Waiter
Note(s): Had previously appeared as a stunt performer in the 2007 story 'Evolution Of The Daleks'

Before Who:
Films: All the Queen's Men (2001), Angel Has Fallen (2019), The Gentlemen (2019)
Television: Taggart: Berserker (1998) / London's Burning (2001) / Waking the Dead [2 episodes as William Pardy (2002)] / The Chase (2007) / Collateral [3 episodes as Bhuran Demir (2018)] / The Rook (2019) / Cobra: Blackout 4 (2020)

After Who:
Films: None
Television: None

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th May 2024, 04:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 1861

Sgt Arnold (Jack Woolgar), Captain Knight (Ralph Watson) and Professor Travers (Jack Watling) in a scene from The Web of Fear (1968)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg web.jpg (43.3 KB, 16 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!