Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28672Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

pre-ordered this from zoom, £35.09 with code signup10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbcbd0462_1.jpg (61.8 KB, 4 views)
Mojo likes this.
Old 3rd December 2018, 02:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

I watched Saturday’s episode as I thought it sounded quite intriguing and creepy. Instead, what we got was an initially intriguing concept turning into another shite Star Trek Deep Space Nine type alien and a talking frog.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 3rd December 2018, 07:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
42 and Boom Town.
42 was quite good and Boom town was great along with the hideously under-rated Aliens in London/World War 3 2 parter. My only gripe there was the Slitheen: it really should have been the Zygons instead. It even makes sense: All you'd need to do is re-work the script slightly to ditch the skin suits and insert the Zygon pods as their means of disguising themselves and then you have a perfect way to work them into the Story.

I haven't seen Fear Her for years but I re-watched it a lot back in the day, so I don't think I hated it that much. I know I didn't hate Love and Monsters, which yes is bad but in a so bad its good/hilarious kind of way (and still better than most of Series 11).
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Ratings down again.

Musn't laugh.

trebor8273 likes this.
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Ratings down again.

Musn't laugh.

Try not to laugh. Some people take Doctor Who seriously, especially when Chibnall the frog makes an appearance. I suspect he's waiting for his one true dream to kiss him on those green frog lips, namely Andy Pandy in a Police Box.

A true match made in Parody Who heaven.
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
42 was quite good and Boom town was great along with the hideously under-rated Aliens in London/World War 3 2 parter. My only gripe there was the Slitheen: it really should have been the Zygons instead. It even makes sense: All you'd need to do is re-work the script slightly to ditch the skin suits and insert the Zygon pods as their means of disguising themselves and then you have a perfect way to work them into the Story.

I haven't seen Fear Her for years but I re-watched it a lot back in the day, so I don't think I hated it that much. I know I didn't hate Love and Monsters, which yes is bad but in a so bad its good/hilarious kind of way (and still better than most of Series 11).
I've never minded 42. I know the story gets some critical slapping, but it's something of a guilty pleasure.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I've never minded 42. I know the story gets some critical slapping, but it's something of a guilty pleasure.
I mean it is basically a remake of Planet of Evil (except less good, with no amazing jungle set) but it always stayed in my mind. "Burn with me", something most of the recent episodes are failing to do.

I also just watched The Five Doctors and became totally confused. Growing up I had the 1995 version released on DVD, except I always assumed that was the original version. So when I watched the new DVD, went with the original disc, I was surprised to find everything different. Like Silver Nemesis, the longer version is better.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Next up is Warriors of the Deep.

The Myrka (and the Story) is better than practically everything from Series 11. No seriously the Myrka which the team had 3 hours to create (Thatcher's fault: add it to her huge list of crimes) is better than the Pting, the Witches etc. Truth be told I find that one scene with Ingrid Pitt using KARATE against the Myrka better than the entirety of The Tsuranga Conundrum: at least Ingrid's strange choice of physical fighting strategy against a monster which is deadly to the touch is more hilarious and thus more entertaining to watch XD

Why do people hate that Story?
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:42 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
Your love for Chibnall grows stronger.
hivemind likes this.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Next up is Warriors of the Deep.

The Myrka (and the Story) is better than practically everything from Series 11. No seriously the Myrka which the team had 3 hours to create (Thatcher's fault: add it to her huge list of crimes) is better than the Pting, the Witches etc. Truth be told I find that one scene with Ingrid Pitt using KARATE against the Myrka better than the entirety of The Tsuranga Conundrum: at least Ingrid's strange choice of physical fighting strategy against a monster which is deadly to the touch is more hilarious and thus more entertaining to watch XD

Why do people hate that Story?
I think Warriors of the Deep is a million times better than ALL of season 11...and most of season 9 and 10.
trebor8273 and hivemind like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!