And you?
Old 7th January 2016, 08:53 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
You not a fan ?
I was the right age when the first one was released - 10 - and I loved it

But I am not a 'fangirl'.

While 'The Force Awakens' was enjoyable, I had a feeling of deja-vu and I found myself picking up errors and mistakes rather than being drawn into the story
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th January 2016, 10:22 AM
Cult Master

"With the incredible pre-release and even more incredible post-release successes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it's not surprising that Disney is flexing its creative muscles as it prepares to knock out five more Star Wars movies in the next five years.

I just had to re-read the previous sentence... that works out as one Star Wars movie every year for the next five years, can you believe it?

Yes, there's the risk of audiences becoming oversaturated, but right now I really don't care... there are five more Star Wars movies on the way and I'm ready to get my geek on! So what upcoming Star Wars films can we expect and when?

1. 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story': December 16, 2016

The first of the Star Wars spin-off movies, Rogue One, is set prior to Luke Skywalker's adventures and fight against the empire. The protagonists will be members of the Rebel alliance and the movie will follow their story as they attempt a heist, the result of which will be them stealing the plans to the Death Star. One thing's for sure: many Bothans will die in the making of this movie.

Starring Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Forest Whitaker and directed by Gareth Edwards, the first official Star Wars spin-off will jump into as-yet-unexplored space.

2. 'Star Wars: Episode VIII': May 26, 2017

Star Wars 8 will continue where Star Wars VII left off, continuing the story of Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega), Poe (Oscar Isaac) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). The movie is set to begin filming in January before its release in about a year and a half and will certainly answer many of the questions left by The Force Awakens.

3. 'Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo': May 25, 2018

The second of the spin-off Star Wars movies is the eagerly anticipated Han Solo anthology, which will chronicle the early life of our favorite smuggler from a galaxy far, far away. With much of the Star Wars history now labelled non-canon, the as-yet-untitled Han Solo Anthology will give legendary Star Wars writer Lawrence Kasdan (The Empire Strikes Back & The Force Awakens) the chance to really leave a mark, as this will unfortunately be his final contribution to the franchise.

Directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the Han Solo Anthology will undoubtedly become a fan-favorite, and will pave the way for a much broader Star Wars cinematic universe.

4. 'Star Wars: Episode IX': 2019

Star Wars: Episode IX will be the final chapter: the third movie of the third trilogy. Star Wars IX will inevitably be a huge production, as Disney send the trilogy out with a flourish. The movie will bring The Force Awakens story to a close in a grand battle between whoever survives the next movie. Moreover, by this point we'll hopefully know the identity of Supreme Leader Snoke and what the hell Luke's been up to!

Directed by Colin Trevorrow and written by Rian Johnson, Star Wars IX will be the film of the century.

5. 'Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett': 2020

Does anyone else think Boba Fett: 20/20 would be a great name for the bounty hunter's anthology? The Fett never misses!

Anyway, the final anthology (that we know of) is rumored for release in 2020 and will chronicle the adventures of infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett. Although it might seem like just another anthology, Boba Fett could serve as the third in a trilogy of Star Wars movies which do not center around the Jedi and the Skywalkers. This third anthology could tie Rogue One with the Han Solo anthology to create a completely unique breed of Star Wars movies.

Although this final film is simply a rumor and no one is as yet on board (that we know of), do not be surprised to find Boba Fett blasting his way onto the screens in 2020 for his first solo movie, separate from Solo's solo movie... sorry, I couldn't resist."

These 5 Upcoming Star Wars Movies Make A Galaxy Far, Far Away Seem Pretty Damn Close! - moviepilot.com
keirarts likes this.

Old 12th January 2016, 08:36 PM
Cult Master

Rejoice, for God is happy with us:

Jar Jar Binks actor says he’d never return to Star Wars: “I've done my damage”
keirarts, shel and anythinggoes78 like this.

Old 12th January 2016, 08:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Mesa is moy moy pleased okyday.
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Rik, keirarts, Nordicdusk and 1 others like this.
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

keirarts, Nordicdusk and Dave Boy like this.
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:30 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Old 3rd February 2016, 10:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Old 3rd February 2016, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

keirarts, Nordicdusk and Dave Boy like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!