All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2010, 01:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedorca View Post
Repo Man is a fabulous film! Utterly nuts from beginning to end. One of my all time cult faves. I might go and watch it as a result. Cheers Jim!!

PS A great soundtrack too...
I'm glad someone else is a fan of REPO MAN!!! its surely one of the best 'cult' films of the 80s, definitely up there with Carpenter's THEY LIVE, which I would compare it to in message and wierdness. Sure its off the wall, but it gets its 'anti-capitalist' message across pretty clearly. Its also very entertaining and very cool. Got some great one liners and a great cast (HARRY DEAN STANTON!!). I find Cox's other stuff real entertaining too, including STRAIGHT TO HELL. Anyone else got the R1 AB Ltd edition tin of REPO MAN?? its such a great set and includes the soundtrack to the film; got some very cool 70s/80s punk tunes (iggy pop, black flag, etc)

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 11th April 2010, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Not seen Repo Man for years but I remember enjoying it!! On the subject of Alex Cox, I tried to watch Death and the Compass recently and didn't get past the first 40 minutes ... anyone else seen this and is it worth giving it another chance?
Old 11th April 2010, 07:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Not seen Repo Man for years but I remember enjoying it!! On the subject of Alex Cox, I tried to watch Death and the Compass recently and didn't get past the first 40 minutes ... anyone else seen this and is it worth giving it another chance?
Never got 'round to seeing that one. Let us know if you give it another go...

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 12th April 2010, 07:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Great film! Bought my friend the Anchor Bay tin of this many years ago and regret not buying myself one as well!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 5th November 2010, 05:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I really like Repo Man. It's a very wacky film, and that's probably one of the main reasons why I like it. I have a soft spot for films that have a sense of fun about them, and Repo Man is a lot of fun. I've watched the film many times now, and it still entertains. Alway's good to see Harry Dean stanton making appearances in these movies too.
Old 5th November 2010, 09:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Never seen Repo Man but I did really enjoy Straight To Hell (probably cause Courtney Love AND Joe Strummer are in it) and Sid and Nancy is probably one of my favourite films.
Old 5th November 2010, 11:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
Never seen Repo Man but I did really enjoy Straight To Hell (probably cause Courtney Love AND Joe Strummer are in it) and Sid and Nancy is probably one of my favourite films.
Check it out. It's very wacky and cultish, and very 80's. You may enjoy this. You can pick this one up cheap enough these day's at the big DVD chains etc.
Old 25th January 2015, 01:26 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Repo Man is in my top ten films of all time i love it to bits. Its funny a little crazy and the soundtrack is great. Anyone know if the Criterion Blu Ray is much different to the MOC Blu Ray.

repo man 3.jpg
Old 25th January 2015, 11:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Repo Man is in my top ten films of all time i love it to bits. Its funny a little crazy and the soundtrack is great. Anyone know if the Criterion Blu Ray is much different to the MOC Blu Ray.

Attachment 154832
I think the Criterion edition excludes the TV version which is on the MOC disc. Extras are also different I think.

A great film indeed, though.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 25th January 2015, 11:46 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think the Criterion edition excludes the TV version which is on the MOC disc. Extras are also different I think.

A great film indeed, though.
The TV version is well worth a watch

Like this? Share it using the links below!