Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2017, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I was watching series one of The Flash and series three of Arrow in tandem so the episodes interlinked where necessary but i've given up with The Flash after 11 eps as it's pretty dull in comparison to Arrow.
Old 15th March 2017, 08:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was watching series one of The Flash and series three of Arrow in tandem so the episodes interlinked where necessary but i've given up with The Flash after 11 eps as it's pretty dull in comparison to Arrow.
the flash becomes the better show, while arrow gets steadily worse each season after 3, not surprised that this new season is supposed to be the last for arrow
Old 15th March 2017, 10:03 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
the flash becomes the better show, while arrow gets steadily worse each season after 3, not surprised that this new season is supposed to be the last for arrow
I went with two Flash episodes last night and they were very good - S1,12, 13. I think it's when i watch them side by side that it doesn't sit well for me.

Arrow has been renewed for a 6th season next year by the way.
Old 15th March 2017, 10:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I went with two Flash episodes last night and they were very good - S1,12, 13. I think it's when i watch them side by side that it doesn't sit well for me.

Arrow has been renewed for a 6th season next year by the way.
just hope they get away from the whole team arrow thing this season and stop wimping arrow down last 2 seasons been a bit of a wimp compared to the first 2
Old 15th March 2017, 10:48 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
just hope they get away from the whole team arrow thing this season and stop wimping arrow down last 2 seasons been a bit of a wimp compared to the first 2
There's not an awful lot they can do with him i don't think. They did the origins story in the first two series and now he's a fully fledged superhero type that's basically it.

Unless they can come up with more classic villains that is. Why not bring in some Batman villains? It's the same universe.

I've just seen the 3 Vinnie Jones Arrow episodes. He took no shit and was the type of bad guy superheroes don't usually come up against - a ruthless hardman killer. His episodes were so good seeing Flash whiz about was a bit lame.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 15th March 2017, 10:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Gonna start watching Poltergeist: The Legacy today, i think. Never seen it before.
Old 15th March 2017, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
There's not an awful lot they can do with him i don't think. They did the origins story in the first two series and now he's a fully fledged superhero type that's basically it.

Unless they can come up with more classic villains that is. Why not bring in some Batman villains? It's the same universe.

I've just seen the 3 Vinnie Jones Arrow episodes. He took no shit and was the type of bad guy superheroes don't usually come up against - a ruthless hardman killer. His episodes were so good seeing Flash whiz about was a bit lame.
well his already fought Ra's al Ghul, which was a better portrayal of the character than batman begins.

the problem with flash is he's a bit like superman he has to be powered down, shows he runs about mach 2-3, while in comics its trillions of times the speed of light, in one issue he rescues the entire population of a city carrying two people at a time from a nuclear explosion and rescues 500 million people in a 1 microsecond and gets them a 100 miles away
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 15th March 2017, 11:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
well his already fought Ra's al Ghul, which was a better portrayal of the character than batman begins.

the problem with flash is he's a bit like superman he has to be powered down, shows he runs about mach 2-3, while in comics its trillions of times the speed of light, in one issue he rescues the entire population of a city carrying two people at a time from a nuclear explosion and rescues 500 million people in a 1 microsecond and gets them a 100 miles away
The Flash is probably better as part of an ensemble than on his own for the reasons you say. I felt the character was limited from the start. It's improved these last few episodes because it's as much about Barry Allen and his relationships as it is the Flash. Yes it's turned soapy but it's improved it all no doubt.

It got a bit repetitive as each episode finished with Dr Wells standing up from his wheelchair.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 15th March 2017, 11:26 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I don't know where Arrow currently is at as i'm only mid way through series 3 but i wonder if they could introduce the Birds of Prey to the show. Barbara Gordon and co.

That was a decent series if you haven't seen it. Harley Quinn was in it if i recall. Sadly not Margot Robbie though.
Old 15th March 2017, 07:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just started season three of married with children and the open frank Sinatra song has been replaced with this crap. Which is also in the remaining seasons.

People who are botherd the mill creek set has original music , but none of the extras of the other releases and quality might be lower as its on half the disc.

Like this? Share it using the links below!