Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13811Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2020, 07:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just seen the first three episodes of the final season of The Avengers.

I've been watching it a disc at a time over the last few years, not rushing, just savoring the experience.

I have to say that new Avenger, Tara King, as played by Linda Thorson is definitely my favourite Avengers girl. I remember meeting actress Linda Thorson at a Cult TV Weekender in the early 00's and she was great to chat to even though at that time i'd never seen a single episode she'd been in. Back then you could talk to a celeb at the bar or basically anywhere you met them without having to pay fifty notes for a two second hand shake and autograph. (I remember my mates and i got absolutely hammered on the Friday night at another Cult TV Weekender with Mitch Pileggi and Nic Lea, talking about sport for hours rather than The X-Files. It must have been a breath of fresh air for them at the time, but that's another story and unrelated to The Avengers.)

King has a sexy innocence about her even though unlike Mrs. Peel and Cathy Gale she's a fully trained agent from Steed's department.

I am tempted to race through the remaining thirty episodes but i'll try not to.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AvengersLoveAll2.jpg (31.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 14th August 2020, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched cursed films on shudder, interesting but the Crow episode was the best one for me as in went into a lot of depth unlike other episodes which explored other things beside the movie it was about.
bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 14th August 2020, 08:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bewitched season one continued.

Eye of the beholder

While browsing a antiques shop Darren begins to question his mortality and future with Sam after seeing a 300 year old portrait that's the spitting image of Sam.

Red light , green light.

Sam sets it upon herself to get a traffic light installed in the neighbourhood.

Which, witch is which?

While helping Sam out Endora takes her likeness which leads to all sort of confusing when she flirts with a man that turns out too be a friend of Darrens.

Pleasure O'iley

A beauty queen moves in over the road leading to jealousy on Sam's part.

Driving is the only way to fly.

Sam takes driving lessons and is saddled with a nervous instructor who loses his job because of sam, so see sets out to get it back. The instructor will later play mischievous uncle Arthur in the series.

There's no witch like on old which.

Bored and with her life going no place Aunt Claire becomes a nanny which she is very successful at , but one of the mothers takes exception to her stories of being a witch and wants her declared insane.

Open the door, witchcraft.

The Stephens get a automatic garage door installed. There is one slight problem when any aircraft flies above the house it set of the doors, leading to a huge argument when Darren think it's Sam using magic.

Abner Kadabra

After next door neighbour Gladys sees Sam using magic, Sam convinces her that she has psychic powers!

George the Warlock.

Endora engages the help of Sam's ex in the hope she will leave Darren. The warlock is played by Christopher George.

That was my wife.

Larry ends up believing Darren is having an affair with his wife.

Illegal separation

After Abner is kicked out by Gladys he ends up living with the Stephens who try to get them back together.

A change of Face

After Endora uses magic to improve Darrens looks, this sets him into a depressing .

Remember the Main

Sam gets involved in city politics which leads to all sorts of confusing.

Eat at Mario's

Sam tries to help a struggling restaurant , but this leads to trouble for Darren when it effects a big contract at work.

Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie who is very protective of Sam sets out trying to ruin Darrens life, when he thinks he's not good enough for her. Eddie also happens to be a elf.

Well thats the end of season one.
Old 15th August 2020, 11:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Wicked Science: Ring of Confidence. Toby creates a confidence-boosting ring intended for Nikki, only for Russ to try it, lose it - and end up on Verity's finger. This is a fun episode, if slightly all over the place in tone, being largely a comedy episode only to take a slightly darker turn toward the end. More confident Russ just becomes... even more of a prat, though confident Verity is pretty cool, and still pretty nice. She makes a severe error of judgment in giving Elizabeth a savage assessment of her character flaws, however, telling Elizabeth (who of course sees herself as ice-cold and super-rational) that she's completely ruled by her emotions without even realising it, and never thinks through the consequences of her actions. Elizabeth immediately feels the need to retaliate, thus entirely proving her point!
Old 16th August 2020, 05:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default pens

Been on a League of Gentlemen binge, watched all the TV episodes and the film and also Xmas special,and then went back and listened to the radio series's On The Town With The League Of Gentlemen...So tempted to buy the vinyl soundtracks of the series,they look Great.....

Old 16th August 2020, 05:17 PM
Cult Addict

You're my wife now Dave...

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 16th August 2020, 05:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Ban this. Filth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
You're my wife now Dave...
Not if you watch on the BBC I player your not...

Old 16th August 2020, 05:23 PM
Cult Addict

Ooh that bad is it?..My brother Dave got married the other year, lost opportunity if you ask me...in laws are such a bunch of dull f**kers innit...

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 16th August 2020, 07:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Ooh that bad is it?..My brother Dave got married the other year, lost opportunity if you ask me...in laws are such a bunch of dull f**kers innit...
That's in-laws for you Nos, they have no sense of humor till you get them drunk
Old 17th August 2020, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Taxi. Season one

Like farther , like daughter .

Alex drives all the way to Miami to see his daughter whom he's not seen in over 15 years.

One punch , banta.

Tony gets a chance to spar with the world champ but things aren't what they seem.

Blind date.

Alex goes on a blind date , with a woman he only knows from her voice.

Bobbys acting career.

Bobby made a wager with himself that if in three years he didn't get a acting job he would give up on his dream, there is now less than 24 hours left.

Come as you arent

Elaine has a party for her snooty art friends but doesn't want them too know she's working as a taxi driver.

The great line

John meets a girl at a bar, he turns up at work a few days later married too girl.

The high school reunion

Louie gets Bobby too pose as him at his high school reunion .

Paper marriage

In order for Latka too stay in America , the gang find him a woman too marry .

Money troubles

John and his wife are having money troubles so Alex offers to help them out.

Men are such beasts

Tony can't get rid of a crazy one night stand.The

A full house for Christmas

Louie's brother turns up for Christmas , who he and his mother haven't seen for years. Hes also a professional gambler who's fleecing the gang.

Sugar mamma
Alex befriends a elderly woman who enjoys giving him expensive gifts.

Friends

Tonys and bobbys friendship is tested when Bobby kills his gold fish.

Louie sees the light

When louie ends up in hospital he makes a promise too God that if he gets better , he will be a better person.

Elaine and the lame duck.

Elaine feels sorry for and dates a man who has no luck with woman .

Bobbys big break.

Bobby lands his dream job on a major soap and quits telling Louie to stuff his job. But it turns out his role is only tempory.

Mamma Gravas.

Latka's mother arrives in America and Alex falls for her but this leads to Latka no longer wanting to be Alex's friend.

Alex tastes death and finds a nice restaurant.

After Alex is nearly killed he quits his job as a taxi driver .

Hollywood calling

A Hollywood producer is wanting to make a film about taxi drivers and choses the gangs firm.

Substitute farther

With Elaine out of town the gang take turns looking after her son.

Memoirs of cab 804 part one and two.

After cab 804 is in accident the gang share stories of why this cab is so special too them. Tom Seleck and Mandy Patinkin guest star.

Like this? Share it using the links below!