All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2021, 10:27 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've nearly finished the fifth season of Game of Thrones again, this time with all the commentaries. They vary in quality, with some contributors – mostly cast members – happy to watch in silence and/or talk about things unrelated to events on screen.

There are others, mostly with writers and directors, particularly George R.R. Martin, David Benioff, and D.B. Weiss, who gave a lot of information about how the episodes were made, where they were filmed, differences from the source material, and any casting choices which were made.

Some episodes don't have any commentaries at all whereas others, particularly the more eventful and impactful ones, have multiple commentary tracks to give a range of viewpoints on how they were made.

I don't think I'll go straight on to season six and will probably watch the third series of Ghosts on BBC iPlayer and maybe the fifth series of Doctor Who, the first with Matt Smith as the Doctor.
Old 18th August 2021, 04:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Listening to the "kids" comm on GOT S1 was hilarious, especially during the "rude" bits, where they went a bit quiet
Bless.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th August 2021, 07:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Listening to the "kids" comm on GOT S1 was hilarious, especially during the "rude" bits, where they went a bit quiet
Bless.
That was a bit weird. One of them said "fast forward" and there was silence. I thought it was a joke, then the silence became so long it clearly wasn't a joke, then the next scene began and they resumed talking. It happened again later in the episode, though briefly, and it was clear they were watching a censored version without breasts.

What seemed absurd was the version they were watching included brutal violence, including a close-up of someone being stabbed in the neck/chest area. Considering two of them were girls who now have boobs, it seems an odd form of censorship.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 18th August 2021, 10:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cue Helen Lovejoy then ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th August 2021, 09:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Love Thy Neighbour: Season One

New Neighbours
Eddie and Joan Boothe seem to have a peaceful life until Bill and Barbie Reynolds move in who are colored which comes to a shock to Eddie, it comes more of a shock when Joan and Barbie become friends. Eddie gets a bigger shock when Bill starts work at the factory and has to work next to him.

Limbo Dancing
Joan tries some of Barbie's exotic food, Bill challenges Eddie to see who is best at Limbo Dancing.

The Petition
Eddie decides to start a petition to keep Maple Terrace black free until he sees Barbie sunbathing which gets Bill angry. With the petition only having two names on it, Eddie stirs things up only for it to back fire on him with the other neighbour Mr Baxter.

Sex Appeal
Barbie gives Joan some advice, don't wear a bra in order to get Eddie interested which he doesn't notice. Later Bill comes home and thinks he sees Joan and Bill embracing each other he decides to start a fight in the street.

Factory Dispute
A new piece of machinery has arrived Eddie and Bill dispute on who should use it, so they go on strike, Joan and Barbie decide they will strike as housewives and let the men fend for themselves.

The Seven Year Itch
Barbie and Joan think their husbands are straying and decide to set up Eddie and Bill, Eddie and Bill know what's going on and decide to stay out later than normal.

Refused a Drink
Eddie gets excited to meet Harold Wilson but Bill decides to vote on someone else. To prove a bet Eddie takes out Bill to prove that black people can get served anywhere and gets himself coloured up, which backfires.

Jeez I haven't laughed so much in ages, Jack Smethurst and Rudolph Walker are brilliant as the two warring neighbours Eddie and Bill. Eddie looks terrified at meeting the neighbour that the look he gives it's like he just met Satan. I don't think I have heard the words "nig nog or sambo" being said so many times and white honky, there are times you see the actors breaking character and trying to hide their smiles and sniggers.

812WAY7qpAL._SY445_.jpg
Old 19th August 2021, 09:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Retro'd it up last night with a classic Avengers - The House That Jack Built - followed by Soap. Sweet.
Old 19th August 2021, 10:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Retro'd it up last night with a classic Avengers - The House That Jack Built - followed by Soap. Sweet.
I’ve been rewatching soap, a episode a day brilliant tv series.
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 20th August 2021, 12:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Love Thy Neighbour: Season 2

The Housewarming Party
Bill and Barbie decide to throw a housewarming party, Eddie and Joan are invited but Eddie refuses to go. When the music gets too loud Eddie decides to call the police.

Voodoo
Bill and Eddie have a discussion about voodoo which Eddie thinks it's fake but leaves a doll on Bill's door. Bill decides to have fun and plays on it that it is real, to get Eddie to undo it he tasks him by finding the biggest tree and dance round it...naked.

Clarky Leaves
Factory foreman Clarky is leaving, Eddie won't go for it as he feels it's against his principals but he is offered the job and everyone hates him, soon Bill decides he is gonna be the bad boy and go on strike if Eddie doesn't step down.

The Bedroom Suite
A bedroom suite is available and going into a sale, Joan convinces Eddie to get it but unaware Barbie wants the same one, who will win it.

The T.U.C. Conference '72
Eddie is going to a conference in Brighton thinking he is getting away from it all, Barbie has arranged for Bill and Eddie to share the same room. Down in Brighton, Eddie meets two women and sets up Bill to be with one only for their wives to turn up. The women who Eddie and Bill are with their husbands turn up as well.

Religious Fervour
Sunday morning Eddie and Bill are woken up by a revival band only for Bill to donate money for them to sing a song out loud. Eddie slowly becomes converted and Joan tries to get him back to being normal only for Bill to join the band.

The laughs keep coming with this season as well as more insults and more closer to home...or more face to face, the actors must have had to do a few takes with their own laughter being hidden at times, even with Nina Baden-Semper and Kate Williams who play Joan and Barbie must have struggled with laughter, I can honestly say now i know why this was never repeated after the 70s.

dvd-and-bluray-dvd-television-comedy-love-thy-neighbour-series-2-dvd.jpg
Old 20th August 2021, 07:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Love Thy Neighbour: Season 2

The Housewarming Party
Bill and Barbie decide to throw a housewarming party, Eddie and Joan are invited but Eddie refuses to go. When the music gets too loud Eddie decides to call the police.

Voodoo
Bill and Eddie have a discussion about voodoo which Eddie thinks it's fake but leaves a doll on Bill's door. Bill decides to have fun and plays on it that it is real, to get Eddie to undo it he tasks him by finding the biggest tree and dance round it...naked.

Clarky Leaves
Factory foreman Clarky is leaving, Eddie won't go for it as he feels it's against his principals but he is offered the job and everyone hates him, soon Bill decides he is gonna be the bad boy and go on strike if Eddie doesn't step down.

The Bedroom Suite
A bedroom suite is available and going into a sale, Joan convinces Eddie to get it but unaware Barbie wants the same one, who will win it.

The T.U.C. Conference '72
Eddie is going to a conference in Brighton thinking he is getting away from it all, Barbie has arranged for Bill and Eddie to share the same room. Down in Brighton, Eddie meets two women and sets up Bill to be with one only for their wives to turn up. The women who Eddie and Bill are with their husbands turn up as well.

Religious Fervour
Sunday morning Eddie and Bill are woken up by a revival band only for Bill to donate money for them to sing a song out loud. Eddie slowly becomes converted and Joan tries to get him back to being normal only for Bill to join the band.

The laughs keep coming with this season as well as more insults and more closer to home...or more face to face, the actors must have had to do a few takes with their own laughter being hidden at times, even with Nina Baden-Semper and Kate Williams who play Joan and Barbie must have struggled with laughter, I can honestly say now i know why this was never repeated after the 70s.

Attachment 235685
Same goes for mind your language that’ll never get repeated on tv either.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 20th August 2021, 08:54 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Love Thy Neighbour

I can honestly say now i know why this was never repeated after the 70s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Same goes for mind your language that’ll never get repeated on tv either.
I'm sure I speak for others on the forum, but some of us are old enough to remember watching these shows on television first time round...when they were hilarious and there was NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM!
Dave Boy and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!