Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2022, 09:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Part 1 of the late 80s Jack the Ripper mini-series with Michael Caine. Classic stuff, and the Blu ray looks gorgeous.
Old 19th October 2022, 09:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Finished Jack the Ripper. Love it. Lewis Collins is very good in this too. The Blu ray also comes with a widescreen feature-length version. I watched the original version but took a look at the widescreen feature and it looks pretty damn good. May watch that version next time.
Old 20th October 2022, 09:46 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Finished Jack the Ripper. Love it. Lewis Collins is very good in this too. The Blu ray also comes with a widescreen feature-length version. I watched the original version but took a look at the widescreen feature and it looks pretty damn good. May watch that version next time.
Excellent mini series. I hadn't seen it in 20 years so happily watched the beautiful looking wide-screen version. Excellent disc.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
nosferatu42, iank and MrBarlow like this.
Old 20th October 2022, 10:21 PM
Cultist

Default oliver squeaks

the brood is on 12.55am on the legend channel ever time it's on it always sound like they have been breathing helium cause their voices squeak when they talk wonder why they haven't not noticed it
Old 27th October 2022, 03:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

THE OWL SERVICE. ( 1969 )

Three teenagers living with their stepparents and housekeeper in a remote Welsh cottage unearth a set of dinner plates with an owl pattern, which in turn has a connection to local supernatural legend.
The above barely scratches the surface of this eerie multi layered drama, with jealousies, secret pasts and creepy sequences that come out of nowhere at times, leading to a startling denouement that wouldn’t have been out of place in a post watershed Play For Today.
Amazingly, this was a childrens programme - folk horror for kids! They really don’t make ‘em like this anymore. A tv classic.
If you already have this on dvd, I recommend upgrading to Network’s new Blu Ray release - the picture quality is a big improvement.
Old 27th October 2022, 09:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched the first two episodes of this Cabinet Of Curiosities. The first was a tad meh imho, but the second was a grotty, grimy delight.
Not for musophobes though!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th October 2022, 09:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Just watched the first two episodes of this Cabinet Of Curiosities. The first was a tad meh imho, but the second was a grotty, grimy delight.

Not for musophobes though!!
I've just watched and loved the first episode. I've never been a huge fan of Tim Blake Nelson but he was excellent here.

MrBarlow likes this.
Old 27th October 2022, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

He got what he deserved.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th October 2022, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've just finished watching The Haunting of Hill House (4 years after everyone else), and it was bloody good. Much better than Midnight Mass was!! Some proper horror on offer here, 10 fantastic hours.

Now I don't know whether to start Ryan Murphy's Dahmer or Del Toro's Cabinet. I'll decide tomorrow.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th October 2022, 10:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've just finished watching The Haunting of Hill House (4 years after everyone else), and it was bloody good. Much better than Midnight Mass was!! Some proper horror on offer here, 10 fantastic hours.

Now I don't know whether to start Ryan Murphy's Dahmer or Del Toro's Cabinet. I'll decide tomorrow.
The Haunting of Hill House is really fantastic. One of the few genuinely creepy things I've seen in a long time. I really enjoyed Midnight Mass, though it was a different type of horror. In between Mike Flanagan made The Haunting of Bly Manor, his take on The Turn of the Screw. That I have to say I found poor.

Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!