All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2024, 07:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creepshow.

Mums/Queen Bee.
Jack who is close with his mum and she is taken away and spends his time in the garden, but something is unearthing from the garden. Three teens who are willing to go the distance to meet their favourite pop star discovers she isn't what she appears to be.

Skeletons In The Closet/Familiar.
A horror film buff collects props from films that a rival is willing to do anything to close down the business but gets something unexpectedly and tries to survive the props when they come to life. A man is tormented by something evil and tries to find a way to stop it from taking over his life and body.

Thanks to Shudder for messing up, these episodes are from season 3 and so far still not disappointed, Queen bee does have a few twist and turns and good build of suspense and good creative effects. Skeletons in the closet does pay homage to a good few classic horror films i'm sure we all have a soft spot for especially with the Silver Sphere ball that the tall man would be proud of.
Old 10th January 2024, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creepshow.

The Last Tsuburaya/Okay, I Bite.
A art collector purchases a painting of a demon that can come to life in the Real world. A prisoner who collects spiders in his cell has a obsession with the arachnids calls up a old demon to save the spiders when pest control come in.

Stranger Sings/Meter Reader.
A doctor meets a young woman in a coffee shop and walks her home and is besotted by her when she sings only to find out her secret. A young girl battles to stay alive when a plague happens and must survive those around her including her own family.

Time out/The Things In Oakwood's Past.
A lawyer wishes time would be on his side till he is given a key that stops time with unexpected consequences. On the anniversary of a time capsule being buried, the townsfolk make a discovery when a secret is unearthed.

Drug Traffic/A Dead Girl Named Sue.
A young girl and her mother cross a border to get a certain medication and are detained. The officers slowly find out why she needs the medication. In a small town the dead begin to rise and the locals are ready to to lay some justice down.

Finally manage to get this watched and be back on her for now. This season was really good, plenty of suspense and some good tales to view even the animation episode was enjoyable, Stranger Sings is my favourite episode out of this season as you may find out what the secret is and does have some decent make-up for it.
Old 13th January 2024, 04:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Last episode of this series of The Curse just landed so that's nice ...
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 13th January 2024 at 05:52 PM.
Old 14th January 2024, 10:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Curse ep 10.

This one took a wild turn that I'm still trying to process tbh. I'm not sure whether this was a good thing or not. Hmmm. Wandavision it isn't haha. May rewatch the whole thing.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th January 2024, 03:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've been watching BAYWATCH every day.
Hidden away on Thatstv2 Freeview channel. Came across by chance.
Usually watch Kenny Everett Show on Thatstv, then over to Thatstv2 for The Brittas Empire followed by Baywatch.
Baywatch is in Season 1.
Old 15th January 2024, 08:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Resubscribed to Netflix (not had it since August) on the ad tier of 6.99 a month (10 bucks less). To be fair, I watched like two hours last night and had two short ads.
Watched the first two eps of Fool Me Once. A former soldier who seemingly exited in disgrace and who has already lost her sister to a violent home invasion witnesses her husband gunned down by robbers... only to see him on a hidden nanny-cam not long after the funeral. Pretty good so far. Joanna Lumley's in it. Bloody hell she's still going!
Old 24th January 2024, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sticking this here as it mostly fits. I try not to watch "reactors" as they take away time from the endless screed of fourth tier chop socky I need to be a better Demon , but had to tune into One Fcuking Hour's 2 hour exploration of The Curse .
Still determined to go through it at least once more, but they are on the money so far (25 minutes to go) regarding the tone of the thing.
Ahem.
As you were ....
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
Old 1st February 2024, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm just marathonning Smallville now. In the last third of season 6. Have to say, it does get better as it goes. First two seasons were very Buffy-ripoff-with-Superman. I did enjoy the darker season 3 with Evil Lionel at his most despicable - love John Glover. 4 was fun, though the whole magic plot with Lana felt like a complete waste of time. But 5 and 6 have been great, a lot darker, and the Clark/Lana/Lex plot is deliciously twisted, esp with Lex clearly going Full Bad Guy now.* It's also very cognitive dissonance inducing with Chloe still being so loveable...
Old 1st February 2024, 09:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Resubscribed to Netflix (not had it since August) on the ad tier of 6.99 a month (10 bucks less). To be fair, I watched like two hours last night and had two short ads.
Watched the first two eps of Fool Me Once. A former soldier who seemingly exited in disgrace and who has already lost her sister to a violent home invasion witnesses her husband gunned down by robbers... only to see him on a hidden nanny-cam not long after the funeral. Pretty good so far. Joanna Lumley's in it. Bloody hell she's still going!
We enjoyed it, there about 6 shows from Harlan coben, and we decided to watch the others, so far we’ve watched stay close and half way through another one (can’t remember name of top my head) and so far we personally are finding these two better .
Old 1st February 2024, 09:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
I'm just marathonning Smallville now. In the last third of season 6. Have to say, it does get better as it goes. First two seasons were very Buffy-ripoff-with-Superman. I did enjoy the darker season 3 with Evil Lionel at his most despicable - love John Glover. 4 was fun, though the whole magic plot with Lana felt like a complete waste of time. But 5 and 6 have been great, a lot darker, and the Clark/Lana/Lex plot is deliciously twisted, esp with Lex clearly going Full Bad Guy now.* It's also very cognitive dissonance inducing with Chloe still being so loveable...
I, like you, think it improves the longer it goes on, The introduction of Green Arrow takes it up another level too.

Getting rid of Ryan, 'er Pete helped improve things.

I still have the tenth season to watch. Had it three years. I'll re-watch the whole show to recap. That's the plan anyway.
iank likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!