Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Great review Prince.

I'll pick it up at some stage.
Old 12th February 2015, 06:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hannibal

Fantastic show with top notch acting and scripts with some disturbing and surrel imagery

Was a little wary at first but Mads is a fantastic lecter, absolutely amazing actng from him, chilling,charming and manipulative. This is another show that shows that the quality of stuff like this is far superior to most films coming out. Can't wait to finish both seasons and watch the third when it airs.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th February 2015, 05:09 PM
Cult Addict

I'm watching a program where a 70 year old man with the mental age of a 13 year old, a delinquent with a dolphin fetish, a book worm with an ego complex, a 19 year old boy with ample cleavege, a mutt, and their egyption carer travel to Cairo to kill a bisexual vampire who spends the entire series moping around and applying multiple layers of brightly colour lipstick.

It's called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and it's ****ing amazing.
Demoncrat likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th February 2015, 08:51 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I'm watching a program where a 70 year old man with the mental age of a 13 year old, a delinquent with a dolphin fetish, a book worm with an ego complex, a 19 year old boy with ample cleavege, a mutt, and their egyption carer travel to Cairo to kill a bisexual vampire who spends the entire series moping around and applying multiple layers of brightly colour lipstick.

Sounds like my life story!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th February 2015, 08:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post

JOJO is still ongoing. The current series is SCI-FI!
Old 15th February 2015, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah, im fully caught up with all of Jojo. Such a fantastic series.
keirarts likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 15th February 2015, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Better call Saul

Spin off, of breaking bad about the early days of everyone's favourite criminal lawyer before he meet up with walter White. Enjoyed the first two episodes and looks like it's going to be a great show, that captures the essence of breaking bad, but doubt it will be anywhere near as good is it.

Bates motel

Another one like Hannibal I had low expectations of , but ended up enjoying and finished the first seasons in a couple of days. Not quite what I was expecting but still intresting to see what turned Norman into what he becomes, mind anybody would go nuts with that mother and living in that town, n witch Norman seems one of the more normal residents
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st February 2015, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict

BOSCH on Amazon Prime. I've not read any of the books for years so can't compare but this was a rather fine exercise in the bleakness of human existence filtered through the eyes of an abused child, now a homicide cop. Great use of sound and open spaces which really captured the main character's distance from those around him. Worth a look.

Fingers crossed that Constantine makes it to a second series as I really enjoyed the first even if it was slightly shaky at times with main characters coming and going from episodes with no explanation. However as Constantine as played by Matt Ryan is so commanding it is easy to forgive these slights.
Old 21st February 2015, 10:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default What TV Have You Seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
BOSCH on Amazon Prime. I've not read any of the books for years so can't compare but this was a rather fine exercise in the bleakness of human existence filtered through the eyes of an abused child, now a homicide cop. Great use of sound and open spaces which really captured the main character's distance from those around him. Worth a look.

Fingers crossed that Constantine makes it to a second series as I really enjoyed the first even if it was slightly shaky at times with main characters coming and going from episodes with no explanation. However as Constantine as played by Matt Ryan is so commanding it is easy to forgive these slights.

And it seems like it might be May until we find out if Constantine gets a second season. So at least another 2 months of wondering.
Old 21st February 2015, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And it seems like it might be May until we find out if Constantine gets a second season. So at least another 2 months of wondering.
Yeah,I read that today whilst trying to find out why there wasn't a new episode this morning. I hope it does get the green light as it is shaping up into something pretty special for me with more of the over arching story coming to the fore rather than singular stories each episode.

Like this? Share it using the links below!