Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2016, 07:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

11 22 63

No im not ordering anything from my local takeaway.
Started watching this 2 days ago im now half way through, getting right into it. Never heard of it till a friend mentioned it to me about a week ago.
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
11 22 63

No im not ordering anything from my local takeaway.
Started watching this 2 days ago im now half way through, getting right into it. Never heard of it till a friend mentioned it to me about a week ago.
excellent series one of the better king shows, a hell of lot better than under the dome
Old 1st June 2016, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I like Agents of Shield as well. I have to admit that the first season was 'difficult' however by season 2 I think it found its feet. Joss Whedon has a habit of keeping his cards close to his chest and throwing a big twist. The trouble is its affected previous series (Dollhouse) as by the time the twist is thrown in most of the audience has left.
yep it gets better as it goes on something that couldn't be said for agent carter with the second season being quite poor and think that was one of the reasons it got cancelled. mind she was still a lot more interesting character than any one in agents of shield
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st June 2016, 01:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I like Agents of Shield as well. I have to admit that the first season was 'difficult' however by season 2 I think it found its feet. Joss Whedon has a habit of keeping his cards close to his chest and throwing a big twist. The trouble is its affected previous series (Dollhouse) as by the time the twist is thrown in most of the audience has left.
It's nice to see J August Richards (Angel) in a recurring role. Jobs for the boys Joss, and all that. What about Charisma Carpenter? *cough*

I think Whedon's problem is, well it isn't really a problem to me as i love his work, is that he likes to build things up. He needs time to get his creations into your heart and head then throw his twists. He plays a tv long game whereas tv execs play it by the episode.
Old 1st June 2016, 06:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's nice to see J August Richards (Angel) in a recurring role. Jobs for the boys Joss, and all that. What about Charisma Carpenter? *cough*

I think Whedon's problem is, well it isn't really a problem to me as i love his work, is that he likes to build things up. He needs time to get his creations into your heart and head then throw his twists. He plays a tv long game whereas tv execs play it by the episode.
That's the benefit of HBO and why, with the possible exceptions of Showtime or the BBC, The Wire couldn't have been made and shown on any commercial network.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching Reaper, starts a little slow but gets better as it progresses . But of course it's Ray Wise who makes the show with his performance as Satan.

Also been watching criminal minds and NCIS, which I've also enjoyed as always CND these types of programs interesting and shows that man is more frighting and evil than any supernatural entity or monster.

Now watching this

Old 2nd June 2016, 12:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Father Ted: Are You Right There, Father Ted? A bored Father Ted chooses just the right ill-considered moment to do a decidedly ill-considered Chinaman impression, and soon discovers that the whole of Craggy Island now perceive him to be a racist fascist - a perception that circumstances conspire to prove surprisingly difficult to shake... The season 3 premiere is absolutely gutbustingly hilarious from start to finish, and climaxes with Father Jack smashing his way out of a box in a Chinese family's living room, bedecked in full Nazi officer regalia!
Sheer unhinged genius!

Father Ted: I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, and priests...er... more drinks?
Old 5th June 2016, 08:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Started Twin Peaks again last night with the original pilot, on Blu-ray for the first time. Still fantastic and looks so good on Blu.
Old 6th June 2016, 08:11 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched all of Banshee this last week and loved every second of it. Kinda bummed that it only lasted 4 seasons though. I guess the good thing though is that it wasn't cancelled, rather the creator realised the story was reaching its natural conclusion, and didn't want to do another season just for the sake of it. I really should stop binge watching shows though. If I'd watched the show when it started, at least I would've had it for 4 years, and not feeling sad that I don't have any more just 9 days after I started watching it.
Old 6th June 2016, 09:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Watched all of Banshee this last week and loved every second of it. Kinda bummed that it only lasted 4 seasons though. I guess the good thing though is that it wasn't cancelled, rather the creator realised the story was reaching its natural conclusion, and didn't want to do another season just for the sake of it. I really should stop binge watching shows though. If I'd watched the show when it started, at least I would've had it for 4 years, and not feeling sad that I don't have any more just 9 days after I started watching it.
I really want to check out Banshee - one of the few newer shows I am actually intrigued about.

Like this? Share it using the links below!