All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2022, 08:37 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Im watching this for the first time from season 1. I put it off because I didn’t think it would be as good as the film but I’m pleased to say I love it. Stand out episodes so far from S1 are The Baron’s Night Out and The Orgy lol.
I only started watching it last week and I'm blazing through it. Lazlo and Colin Robinson are the best Nadja is fun but started to annoy me through season 3.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 20th December 2022, 04:42 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I only started watching it last week and I'm blazing through it. Lazlo and Colin Robinson are the best Nadja is fun but started to annoy me through season 3.

You can’t go wrong with Matt Berry he’s consistently good!
Nordicdusk likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th December 2022, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Simpsons: The Fight Before Christmas.

A series of stories, Bart travels to the North Pole to get a dirt bike. Marge is deployed in WWII while Lisa doesn't want a Christmas tree. Marge writes a letter to Martha Stewart to get into the festive spirit. The family.are planning a Christmas vacation but are held up by Mr Burns and Moe.

This episode wasn't too bad it parodies Inglorious Basterds and The Polar Express with Otto being the conductor, I felt the laughs are far in few. Season 22 Episode 8. Guest Voices Katy Perry, Martha Stewart.
Old 20th December 2022, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Simpsons: Holidays Of Future Passed.

Bart and Lisa try to get reconnected with their own kids during Christmas and find it tough when Homer and Marge step in.

Basically it's 30 years in the future with a more touchy feeling rather than a comedy than what we are use to with the series. There is some laughs but not laughing out loud moments.

MV5BYTAwNzlkMWEtZTUwYi00MjA1LWE4OTgtYjZmZjY4YTQ3YjQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQzNDA2MzM@._V1_.jpg
Old 22nd December 2022, 09:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ghostwatch

1992 BBC Drama which sees Presenters Michael Parkinson, Mike Smith and Sarah Greene along with Craig Charles, hosting a Live Paranormal Haunting Show. However as it goes along, things start go all spooky.

Filmed as if it was a TV Show, this convinced viewers that it was real and having non-actors in the main roles, it was certainly different and made it more realistic.

Having not seen it before, it had my attention and I was certainly enthralled.
Old 23rd December 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Ghostwatch

1992 BBC Drama which sees Presenters Michael Parkinson, Mike Smith and Sarah Greene along with Craig Charles, hosting a Live Paranormal Haunting Show. However as it goes along, things start go all spooky.

Filmed as if it was a TV Show, this convinced viewers that it was real and having non-actors in the main roles, it was certainly different and made it more realistic.

Having not seen it before, it had my attention and I was certainly enthralled.
Is this the recent blu ray release nicholas? If so, how does it look?

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 23rd December 2022, 06:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A League Of Gentlemen Christmas Special.

Reverend Bernice hears three stories from some locals while dealing with her own Christmas problems.

Charlie has a dream of winning a line dancing competition but Stella has other ideas.

Old man recounts his time as a choir boy in Duisberg and encountering a vampire.

Local vet Dr. Chinnery believes he is cursed and re-counts his ancestor who was a well known vet who was cursed.

The writers certainly take a turn and deliver a homage to the Hammer/Amicus anthology with their own stories that have a twist and turn with some laughs thrown with their Yuletide humour.

images (1).jpeg
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Salem's Lot. 2004.

Remake of the 1979 King novel, this time Rob Lowe star as novelist Ben Mears returning to his home town for a new book. Along the way comes antique dealers Richard Straker played by Donald Sutherland and mysterious Kurt Barlow played by Rutger Hauer.

Like the original this was a two part tv mini series, this does have the flash back of Ben re-counting his story in the Marsten house where as in the original we are only second guessing and using our imagination when Ben tells Jason. The makers kept the Marsten house as a century old gothic manor inside and outside that nobody would want to go in. This is your standard vampire show and didnt stick to the original make up and Mr Barlow actually talking. The acting is decent enough and James Cromwell as the town priest who had more screen time than the original. A good 3 hours passed but 79 version is still good and scary.

61JbugPbR9L._AC_SY550_.jpg
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Drop the Dead Donkey: Xmas Party. Wasn't this the ep that won an International Emmy? It's not hard to see why, with the season 2 finale being gutbustingly hilarious from beginning to uber-humiliating end.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I enjoyed Count Magnus. This years Ghost Story for Christmas. Small in scale but it looked lovely and there were a nice couple of shocks along the way including the goriest shot that's been in a Christmas Ghost Story.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!