Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2023, 12:55 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Coronation parade was truly fantastic. It's what OLED tv's were made for.

The whole event itself was timeless and something i've never seen before during my lifetime. A ceremony that harks back centuries to the middle ages that takes place today in the day of technology.
Didn't have the same effect on the radio!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th May 2023, 01:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Luckly I was off shift today and I am watching this historical event.
What a spectacle. We are the envy of the World.
Fantastic!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th May 2023, 01:44 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Luckly I was off shift today and I am watching this historical event.
What a spectacle. We are the envy of the World.
Fantastic!
It was a great shame the fly past was lessened due to the weather. The commentator's said the planes both modern fighters and older ones, were going to mass over the North Sea prior to their fly past. That would have been incredible for those on the coast and route to the capital.
Old 6th May 2023, 02:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, that was a real shame. That would have been awesome to see.
Old 7th May 2023, 08:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The Coronation parade was truly fantastic. It's what OLED tv's were made for.

The whole event itself was timeless and something i've never seen before during my lifetime. A ceremony that harks back centuries to the middle ages that takes place today in the day of technology.
Quote:
It was a great shame the fly past was lessened due to the weather. The commentator's said the planes both modern fighters and older ones, were going to mass over the North Sea prior to their fly past. That would have been incredible for those on the coast and route to the capital.
I didn't watch it because the weather here was glorious and, for the first time this year, pleasantly warm so I was having a leisurely lunch in the garden.

I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

I watched the first two episodes of Black Ops, a comedy on BBC with an audacious concept: institutional racism in the Metropolitan Police.

It follows two black PCSOs: Dom, an intelligent but lazy woman and her religious, naïve colleague, Kay, a man so ineffectual she nicknamed him 'Chocolate Teapot'.

Their boss, Clinton, is so fed up of being given white officers to go undercover and infiltrate a local gang of black drug dealers, that he persuades them to do the job covertly and without the knowledge of their colleagues in the Met.

Needless to say, not everything goes to plan and, as Dom observes: "This is some Line of Duty shit!"

I laughed several times through the first two episodes and an killing anticipating the third one next week.

nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 7th May 2023, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Continuing with From. Series 2, 3 episodes in.
Whilst there's still a whiff of Lost about it, it continues to intrigue.
More folk have been trapped in the locale, which does add to the structure (more stories to tell ahem), with one estranged couple reunited. An interesting development, which may hold some answer to this particular puzzle. The antagonists are still quite ruthless, and are more of a threat then some smoke cough cough.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th May 2023, 03:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Damien.

The Beast Rises.
Photo Journalist Damien Thorn has an encounter with a strange woman in Syria which brings back memories of his childhood. Back in New York strange accidents begin to happen around him and meeting a woman called Ann Rutledge introduces herself who knows Damien from childhood.

Second Death.
At the funeral of a friend, Damien connects with old friends and after being attacked, a Detective begins to look into the mysterious accidents and a note book may give out some clues and answers.

The Deliverer.
Damien seeks help and answers from a old friend about Ann Rutledge and wonders if she can be trusted. Detective Shay begins to investigate another mysterious accident and gets a strange visitor.

The Number Of A Man.
After being attacked, Shay begins to suspect that Damien is behind it and the others while Damien informs him that those around him have seen to be met by accidents. Those around Damien begin to have religious experience.

Seven Curses.
Damien visits a V.A. hospital and meets the man who's son was saved by Damien and requests something while Damien is pondering if what he is seeing is real or not.

Temptress.
Believing there is a conspiracy surrounding his true identity, Damien meets someone from his childhood who he believed to be dead. Ann believes that Damien still has a destiny to fulfil.

Abattoir.
With the Vatican sending out someone to find the Antichrist and finding Damien's closes friends, Shay begins to locate those from Damien's school and uncover what exactly happened at Priston.

Here Is Wisdom.
Damien trying to control his fate has a turn when a doctor he has been seeing confronts his old school mate in jail. Detective Shay intervenes and is suspended but still looks into Damien and his past.

The Devil You Know.
Damien is asked to seek help from Vatican researcher sister Greta who can help Damien but may have other plans.

Ave Santani.
Ann Rutledge believes they are on the eve of Damien's ascension, those connected to Damien begin to become a target and will Damien fulfill his destiny.

This show basically skips the sequels to the Omen movies and uses some snippets from the first film which isn't overly done. Bradley James does a decent job as the now 30 year old Damien who has suppressed his childhood and living a decent life. Barbara Hershey plays Rutledge who seems to be the new Mrs Baylock in a way but never know her true intentions. Scott Wilson does show up and seems to be more manipulative than other people. There is a bit of a upsetting moments to some involving suicide in Seven Curses so please be advised. Usual the ABC network...I think it's them that made the series cancelled it so we are left on a cliffhanger but nice way to pass a Monday night shift.

DMN02.jpg
Old 9th May 2023, 09:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Getting to the end of the third and final series of Star Trek.

Thank God. It's been really poor. A few good episodes but the majority totally forgettable...then i came upon The Way to Eden.

Hell fire, this was crap. The Enterprise beams aboard a bunch of space hippies looking for their Eden. i don't know if it was supposed to promote counter culture or flower power or what, i do know it promoted boredom. To cap it all the episode was padded out by hippie sing-a-longs.

Utter garbage.
Old 9th May 2023, 09:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Awww, I've always had fun with the third series. From the sheer madness of Spock's Brain, to that very episode you've just reviewed (Napier's hair ahem), am digging it out .....
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th May 2023, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Awww, I've always had fun with the third series. From the sheer madness of Spock's Brain, to that very episode you've just reviewed (Napier's hair ahem), am digging it out .....
Spock's Brain was shite too.

I turned it off twice over the years. That's why it's taken me so long to get round to watching the whole of this series.

When i restarted this series a couple of weeks ago i didn't even bother with that first episode.

Like this? Share it using the links below!