Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2022, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched second episode of lord of the rings and I'm out! A billion dollar turkey.

No wonder Amazon are blocking reviews.
Demdike@Cult Labs and iank like this.
Old 5th September 2022, 12:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I watched the first two episodes of LOTR and i enjoyed it so far. But yes the elves are not very pleasant on the eye

Almost watched first two episodes of House of Dragons its not bad.

Still early for both we shall see how they progress.
Old 5th September 2022, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran

I’m enjoying both shows too. I like Dragons a little better but they are both good. Time will tell which will be better show.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th September 2022, 03:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

House M.D: Season 3

Another brilliant Season sees House in major jeopardy as he humiliates a Police Detective (David Morse) who in turn, investigates his Vicodin habit. Whilst it doesn't take up the entire Season, it's probably the most major storyline. Again there are powerful episodes that include many amazing performances.

It's been a while since I've seen the entire Series but I'm sure that from Season 4 onwards, Foreman, Chase and Cameron have lesser roles and other regular characters take over.
Old 8th September 2022, 09:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Avengers: Never, Never Say Die. Really fun ep with Christopher Lee guest starring as a man who seemingly cannot die. Great stuff. Also watched ep 1 of series 1 of The Tripods, which I haven't seen for around three decades and was pretty good.
Old 8th September 2022, 09:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
The Avengers: Never, Never Say Die. Really fun ep with Christopher Lee guest starring as a man who seemingly cannot die. Great stuff. Also watched ep 1 of series 1 of The Tripods, which I haven't seen for around three decades and was pretty good.
I look forward to reading your thoughts on each Tripods episode. I won't say what i think yet as to avoid spoilers for you.
iank likes this.
Old 10th September 2022, 10:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

First 2 eps of Happiness - Korean zombie show - on Netflix. Took note of this earlier in the year but kind of put it off as I'd just watched All of Us Are Dead and didn't really want the same sort of thing again so soon. But it's pretty good so far, and suitably different from AOUAD, so far as much police thriller as horror with a bit of romcom thrown in, and two likeable leads. Engaged so far.
Also have to snicker at the fact that the zombie outbreak appears to be being caused not by a virus but a pharmaceutical drug created to combat Covid. Safe and effective, no doubt!
Old 11th September 2022, 11:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also stuck my Network Python BD into the new machine, mainly to see if the mark left on the first disc by the PS3 would affect playback. Seems ok. Watched "You're No Fun Anymore", which contains their crudest sight gag and one of my favourites ... the "Science Fiction Sketch"

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th September 2022, 11:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Cobra Kai: Season 5

Dealing with the aftermath of Terry Silver taking over Cobra Kai and trying to take over the California Karate scene as well as the latest exploits of the original Cast and the Teens that they train.

I believe that this is the weakest of the Seasons, I know that it's not completely realistic but it was too silly for my liking.

Terry Silver is a good villain

I like that they are introducing new major villains and not relying on legacy characters.

The final episode was more brutal than I've seen in this series.

On a side-note, all episodes were released at once, however each episode was at least around 35 minutes long as well as episode 10 being 48 minutes. As someone who wants to avoid spoilers, felt the need to watch ASAP.

As I've said previously, I do prefer weekly episodes, I like to anticipate (Especially the ending to Episode 9) and it stops episodes 2-6 being merged together and not forgotten as I go to the next episode.
Old 12th September 2022, 06:01 AM
Cult Veteran

I’ve not watched this season yet but I was quite disappointed with the last one. Sounds like it’s just going to get worse. It’s a shame because the first two seasons were fantastic and the third was still great.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!